Windows 10: Problem with viewing the next or previous item in Photos

Discus and support Problem with viewing the next or previous item in Photos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I currently have a minor issue where as I am viewing the next or previous vitem on Microsoft photos the image shown shifts to the left before shifting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Keeran Chan, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Problem with viewing the next or previous item in Photos

I currently have a minor issue where as I am viewing the next or previous vitem on Microsoft photos the image shown shifts to the left before shifting back to the centre. I have tried using the troubleshooter, reseting the app, uninstalling and reinstalling the app but it hasn't been fixed. Laptop is Huawei Matebook D14 2020.

Link showing what the problem is: https://youtu.be/-R77TrZGhl4

:)

Keeran Chan, Mar 1, 2021

2. Can I view all photos in one view

Hi Gary,

We'd like to ask few questions to know more about your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using the built-in Photos
      app to view your photos?
    • What steps have you tried so far?

Desiree Yau, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Can I view all photos in one view

Thank you for the information, Gary.

Just to confirm, did you follow the suggestion of Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] on this thread? If so, were you able to see all your photos?

We understand that you don't want to use the Photos app. However, that is another way to view all your photos. If you would like to try, please follow the steps below:

• Open the Photos app.
    • Click on the ellipsis (See more).
    • Select Settings.
    • Under Sources, click on Add a folder.
    • Add the folder where the pictures are saved in.

Note: Just add the main folder and all the photos saved in the subfolders should show up.

Feel free to get back to us should you need further assistance.

Desiree Yau, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Problem with viewing the next or previous item in Photos

Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo

How to reset the Scroll Wheel to Zoom again instead of viewing next photo

1. Open the Windows Icon (lower left) and scroll through the list of apps
    2. Open the PHOTO app
    3. Select the “three dot” icon in upper right corner …
    4. Select SETTINGS from the pulldown menu
    5. Look under Viewing and Editing Section, the Mouse Wheel Subsection
    6. Select “Zoom In and Out” instead of “View Next or Previous Item”

ArtofFrozenTime, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Problem with viewing the next or previous item in Photos

1. Problem with viewing the next or previous item in Photos - Similar Threads - Problem viewing next

2. Why does Windows 10 "Photos" app disable scroll to view next or previous item when looking...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 10 "Photos" app disable scroll to view next or previous item when looking...: Hi, I often browse trough images in my folders, but there's this really, REALLY annoying quirk in the photos app where it just will not allow me to scroll to change what image it's currently displaying, even if the setting to allow me to do so is enabled if I open a image...
  3. Why does Windows 10 "Photos" app disable scroll to view next or previous item when looking...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows 10 "Photos" app disable scroll to view next or previous item when looking...: Hi, I often browse trough images in my folders, but there's this really, REALLY annoying quirk in the photos app where it just will not allow me to scroll to change what image it's currently displaying, even if the setting to allow me to do so is enabled if I open a image...
  4. No next/previous arrows in Photos App

No next/previous arrows in Photos App: Since updating to Windows 11 the Photos app is no longer letting me arrow through my photos in a folder. They just aren't there anymore. Not on the photo or using the keyboard. It is very frustrating to open the photos individually....
  5. No next/previous arrows in Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No next/previous arrows in Photos App: Since updating to Windows 11 the Photos app is no longer letting me arrow through my photos in a folder. They just aren't there anymore. Not on the photo or using the keyboard. It is very frustrating to open the photos individually....
  6. Photos App viewer, No Next or Previous buttons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos App viewer, No Next or Previous buttons: Hi,Photos App ver 20H2 since a few month do not have the Next - Previous buttons. It seems folders related!This PC has an external drive attached to it with lots of photos as well the normal "Pictures" folder in the C: drive.Opening or viewing photos in the External drive is...
  7. Photos app sometimes doesn't show previous and next

Photos app sometimes doesn't show previous and next: Every month I take all pictures that have been created with the different phones in our household and I put them in one central place. Then I want to quickly go through them and delete the pictures we don't want to keep. Previously I used the Windows Photo Viewer to do this,...
  8. Windows Photo Viewer - next/previous picture...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Photo Viewer - next/previous picture...: How can I go to the next picture? Left-Right, or PgUp-PgDn does only work if the zoom is set to the default. I want to zoom and still be able to switch to other pictures without having to reset to default first. submitted by /u/Lausiv_Edisn [link] [comments]...
  9. Photos app next / previous arrows not showing up.

Photos app next / previous arrows not showing up.: I'm not getting any previous / next arrows in the Photos app when opening a photo within a folder full of photos. The folders have only images in them. The folder optimization is set to "Pictures". Still no arrows in the Photos preview. These folders are linked to my...
  10. Windows Photo Viewer next/previous arrows

Windows Photo Viewer next/previous arrows: Hey all, I switched to Windows 10 a few weeks ago and have been trying to find a solution to a problem with the Windows Photo Viewer. If I open a folder full of my photos, I am unable to advance to the next or previous pictures using the arrow keys on either side of...