Windows 10: Problem with volume control while using Bluetooth headphones

Discus and support Problem with volume control while using Bluetooth headphones in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Adjusting the master volume doesn't change how strong the sound is, at all. To actually change the volume I have to do so from the volume mixer for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mr-Ze, Jan 7, 2021.

1. /u/mr-Ze Win User

Problem with volume control while using Bluetooth headphones

Adjusting the master volume doesn't change how strong the sound is, at all. To actually change the volume I have to do so from the volume mixer for each individual application. Any feedback?

submitted by /u/mr-Ze
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mr-Ze, Jan 7, 2021
  2. gordon99 Win User

Bluetooth headphone sound volume keeps changing.

I have a relatively new Bluetooth Pulse Echo headphone set and an Acer Aspire 3 notebook that has Windows 10 O/S. When I use the headphones with the notebook in wireless mode the sound volume alternates between normal and very low. I have run Windows Bluetooth fault finder and disabled sound enhancements to no effect. The headphones work fine in conjunction with my iPad however.
    Could anyone suggest a solution for this problem please?

gordon99, Jan 7, 2021
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Problem with volume control while using Bluetooth headphones

Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Don. - Not Headphone Compatible on Windows 10?

Windows 10 version 1903

Short story: Our Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Dongle was used on a different PC running Windows 7 to connect headphones with good-quality sound. Now, on a Dell Inspiron 580 with Windows 10, we can't get the headphones to work with the same quality anymore.

Depth: All Windows drivers are downloadable on this page of Iogear's website: Product Drivers, Firmware & Software - IOGEAR
    However, it appears as though the Windows 8/8.1/10 driver is really designed for 8 and 8.1 and not 10. That I conclude because the file name, "GBU521_GBU421_Win8_Win8.1_BT_v12.0.0.9980.zip", does not mention Windows 10, thus suggesting my bluetooth audio problems to be originating from a driver compatibility issue.

I've fiddled my life away with the following:
    • WinKey+R / "control panel" / Devices and Printer / (Insert Headphone Name) Properties / Services
    • Start / Settings / Devices / Audio
    • Start / Settings / System / Sound / Output / Troubleshoot
    • Settings within the Iogear bluetooth devices program, which comes with the driver on the aforementioned driver page.
    And have gone through many settings that branch off this list, restarting the computer after each change made. Sometimes it connect with good sound quality, but does not retain this quality after breaking the bluetooth connection (turning the headphones off, restarting PC).

Quick side note: I have a new Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 Mouse connected to this dongle that works completely fine, unlike the headphones.

A solution requires the following results, which goes along the lines of how the bluetooth headphones were connected to this same Iogear dongle on the different PC that had Windows 7:
    • The bluetooth headphones play with decent quality
    • The volume retains it's setting whenever the bluetooth connection is broken by a PC restart, or powering off/on the headphones (I've encountered configurations where the headphones always resets to maximum volume).
    • The bluetooth mouse works fine. This shouldn't be much of a concern at all.
    If we find no solutions, I will simply buy a dongle that works with Windows 10.

I can provide screenshots if needed.
    Thank-you.

ivangoabby, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Problem with volume control while using Bluetooth headphones

1. Problem with volume control while using Bluetooth headphones - Similar Threads - Problem volume control

2. Problem while using bluetooth headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem while using bluetooth headset.: I was using my JBL 760NC Bluetooth Headset and I was not able to hear any other thing than the chat application which I was using. I was watching a youtube video and I connected to discord voice channel but the moment I connected to discord the chrome sound went mute I tried...
  3. Problem while using bluetooth headset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem while using bluetooth headset.: I was using my JBL 760NC Bluetooth Headset and I was not able to hear any other thing than the chat application which I was using. I was watching a youtube video and I connected to discord voice channel but the moment I connected to discord the chrome sound went mute I tried...
  4. Bluetooth headphones default volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headphones default volume: Hi, maybe this is the wrong place to ask this so sorry if thats the case. I have a pair of sony xm4 headphones and anytime i connect them to my pc their default volume sets to twenty something or so, and I always have to move it up to 50 which is the volume I prefer. So I was...
  5. Bluetooth Headphones Volume Control Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones Volume Control Issue: Hi,I've bought various bluetooth headphones recently to connect to my Windows 11 computer, but no matter what kind I buy, cheap or expensive, they all have the same issue in that they increase/decrease the volume in intervals of 6. Usually when you raise/lower the volume on...
  6. Bluetooth Headphones Volume Control Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones Volume Control Issue: Hi,I've bought various bluetooth headphones recently to connect to my Windows 11 computer, but no matter what kind I buy, cheap or expensive, they all have the same issue in that they increase/decrease the volume in intervals of 6. Usually when you raise/lower the volume on...
  7. Volume increasing while using headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume increasing while using headphones: I have an issue which only happens when I have my USB headphones plugged in my laptop, this is happening at least once per day or two, this issue causes the volume to increase 1% per frame, when I try to lower it, it increases again. To fix it temporarily, I have to unplug my...
  8. Is it possible to change the speaker volume using my wired headphones volume controller?

Is it possible to change the speaker volume using my wired headphones volume controller?: So I have a bose companion speakers and a bose gaming headset. My speakers are set up way back in my PC table which is sometimes hard for me to change volumes manually since i have to reach for it at the back. Now i have a bose gaming headset as well which comes with a...
  9. Volume being low while using headphones.

Volume being low while using headphones.: I was using my headphones normally, and one day when I plugged them into my PC the audio gets really low. My volume for the PC is at max and the application volume it happens for all applications is at max. When I unplug my headphones, the audio sounds fine. This would mean...
  10. Inline headphone volume control

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inline headphone volume control: I bought a cheap (but highly rated) pair of headphones with inline mic and volume controls and although the earbuds and mic work great, the inline controls don't work. Is there something I need to do to get these working? I've got a Surface Pro 4 and am plugging them directly...