Windows 10: Problem with volume levels

Discus and support Problem with volume levels in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have problem where "new sound source" (like clicking into another youtube video) raises the volume too loud and I need to manually lower the volume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DlGLET, Aug 8, 2020.

1. /u/DlGLET Win User

Problem with volume levels

I have problem where "new sound source" (like clicking into another youtube video) raises the volume too loud and I need to manually lower the volume level and turn it back. This is also problem in games and discord. Any idea what it could be? I have up to date drivers and my headphones work perfectly (tried them on a another PC).

submitted by /u/DlGLET
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DlGLET, Aug 8, 2020
  2. john rich Win User

low volume level problems

hi all my computer s lolume levels use to be great but now have to have volume set at max to hear anything any ideas of the cause of my loss of volume? thanks

john rich, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Funk3 Win User
    Build 1909 not remembering volume levels in the Volume Mixer

I recently updated from 1803 to 1909 and I've noticed that the Volume Mixer does not store volume levels for any apps and instead just resets them to 100% if they are restarted.

This was not an issue I experienced with 1803, I've already tried seeing if it was just an issue with my user profile/registry by testing on a newly created user profile, as well as attempting to fix it by adding a missing registry key as suggested in this reddit post.

I've also tried simpler steps such as reinstalling my audio drivers and using a headset with a USB soundcard (HyperX Cloud II's) but these were also unhelpful.

Any help would be appreciated *Smile

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, ignore this - I created the registry key mentioned in the reddit post above under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER, creating the keys in the correct location and restarting my PC fixed the issue.

For anyone else with the same issue just follow the steps in the reddit post given in the OP, i.e. create the following registry key(s) manually:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore

Funk3, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Mary Sau Win User

Low volume problem. Windows 10 anniversary.

Thanks for the details.

You can follow the steps to change the volume level of your sound device(s).

• Right click on the volume icon in the notification tray.
    • Select Playback devices and right click on Speakers.
    • Choose Properties.
    • Select the Levels tab.
    • Use the slider to adjust the volume, click Apply and hit
      OK

Let us know how it goes.

Mary Sau, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem with volume levels - Similar Threads - Problem volume levels

2. actual volume level not updating correctly with volume control level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    actual volume level not updating correctly with volume control level: i am using a logitech G560, can view the issue here, in the video i used the mouse, a volume dial on my keyboard and normal +- controls, ive updated all relevant drivers, ive reseted my settings, the only workaround is muting and un-umuting which only then fix it for that...
  3. actual volume level not updating correctly with volume control level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    actual volume level not updating correctly with volume control level: i am using a logitech G560, can view the issue here, in the video i used the mouse, a volume dial on my keyboard and normal +- controls, ive updated all relevant drivers, ive reseted my settings, the only workaround is muting and un-umuting which only then fix it for that...
  4. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level: Been having this issue for a couple of months now and across two different workstations on Windows 10. I've seen a few posts similar to mine, but none have had a solution. In short, when I start a call/meeting in MS Teams, Webex, Zoom, etc.., the volume 'session' for that...
  5. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level: Been having this issue for a couple of months now and across two different workstations on Windows 10. I've seen a few posts similar to mine, but none have had a solution. In short, when I start a call/meeting in MS Teams, Webex, Zoom, etc.., the volume 'session' for that...
  6. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. volume levels

volume levels: hey, I have a new laptop asus zenbook with windows 10. whenever I unplug my headphones and then plug them back it resets my volume level to 100%. in my previous laptop also windows 10 it would remember my volume level let's say 50%. How do I fix it so it will remember my...
  8. Apparent sound problems regarding the volume level

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apparent sound problems regarding the volume level: Thank you to anyone who reads this. The problem I have is that one day, out of nowhere, even with the volume at 100, my laptop speakers sound very low, almost like they had no sound. I did look it up and it tells me to go to a tab in the sound control panel called...
  9. Volume Levels

Volume Levels: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop but upon arrival I have noticed a problem with the sound. If I increase or decrease the volume level it does not change the actual volume coming from the speakers, the only time it changes is when it is turned to mute. I have tried...
  10. Recalibrate Volume Level

Recalibrate Volume Level: My Dell has always had an extremely high volume level with the volume meter at only 50%. When I'm listening to Pandora, I have to keep the Windows volume control at 25-30% and the Pandora volume control at 25-30%. Is there a way to reset/recalibrate the control so that the...