Windows 10: Problem with WD My Book WD Unlocker showing twice when in Explore

Discus and support Problem with WD My Book WD Unlocker showing twice when in Explore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a WD 3tb My Book using WD Unlocker for the drive. I use this drive unlocked as I am the only one using the drive and no password required. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xpac5896, Dec 4, 2015.

1. xpac5896 Win User

Problem with WD My Book WD Unlocker showing twice when in Explore

I have a WD 3tb My Book using WD Unlocker for the drive. I use this drive unlocked as I am the only one using the drive and no password required. There are 2 problems I'm having.
    The first is that when I start Win 10 Pro, 64bit, I get an error message telling me that "The recycle bin on J:\\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive". It doesn't matter if I do either because the next time I start Windows, I get the message again. I did find a way to reset the Recycle Bin on the drive but it only lasts for a couple of days and it's back again.
    Secondly, When I'm in Explore, I noticed that the software that the My Book uses for security, password protection, is listed twice for the same drive, see attachment, and I'm thinking this should only show up once. Both instances of drive "H" are virtual drives. I called WD and talked to their tech department and the guy told me that this is the first time this subject has came up, maybe my machine is weird. I'm just wondering if this could have something to do with my first problem.
    At this point I'm totally out of ideas. I'm hoping that someone here could shed some light on either or both situations.
    Appreciate any help. Thanx

:)

xpac5896, Dec 4, 2015

2. external hard drive converted to cd drive

My external disc (WD My Passport 25E2 on USB Port F) was corrupted and I formatted it. When the format ended the disc was displayed as CD drive (CD Drive (FProblem with WD My Book WD Unlocker showing twice when in Explore :)) and it now contains the software to unlock my WD Book. I can access the CD Drive (FProblem with WD My Book WD Unlocker showing twice when in Explore :) and unlock
    my WD Book. I also have the software to unlock my WD Book located in it's own file on my pc. I ran the Western Digital Data LifeGuard Diagnostics and it displays the port as WD My Passport 25E2 (USB). However when I ran the software it errored off immediately
    (elapse time: 00:00:09) with the error response "Fail. 08-Too many bad sectors detected". I tried to recover to a previous recovery point but this also ended in error. How do I delete the CD Drive (FProblem with WD My Book WD Unlocker showing twice when in Explore :) and reinstall it as a USB port (FProblem with WD My Book WD Unlocker showing twice when in Explore :)?

charles-james, Dec 4, 2015
  3. How to Delete WD Unlocker UDF Partition

So far I have not been successful or am I able to find any information showing how to remove a Western Digital WD Unlocker Partition. After installing the WD My Book software to manage the external drive I noticed there was an additional drive letter.
    Disk Management shows a WD Unlocker UDF Partition. The partition was created during the software installation process, but now I am unable to delete the partition.

The partition is identifying itself as a DVD CD-Rom drive. The only way I was able to prevent the additional drive letter from appearing in File Explorer was to use Disk Management to remove the drive letter. Since there is no longer a drive letter assigned
    to this partition the drive no longer appears, but I would prefer to simply get rid of it.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks You,

EB

Eric_Bernstein, Dec 4, 2015
Thema:

Problem with WD My Book WD Unlocker showing twice when in Explore

1. Problem with WD My Book WD Unlocker showing twice when in Explore - Similar Threads - Problem Book Unlocker

2. WD My Book Essential unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD My Book Essential unresponsive: Hello,we have a 3TB WD My Book Essential with very critical data. It was working fine on windows XP and 7. I tried to move it to a new dell workstation with windows 10. It connected and showed the directory structure fine. When I tried to open a file it said it was not...
  3. Problem with WD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with WD: I ran a virus test file today on my wife's laptop. The threat already removed but after the scan WD keep detecting the threat, even though thread already removed. [img] As you can see in the screenshot, scan result "no threat found", but it's still there in "Current...
  4. wd my passport not showing up in file explorer.

wd my passport not showing up in file explorer.: So I know the drive isnt faulty, its just user error on the software side. What happened was I was using an ISO burning tool to burn password recovery software FOR FUTURE USE, MY PASSWORDS ARE FINE to an external flash drive. What i didnt know was that i was stupid and did...
  5. WD Book 3TB Cannot be Accessed

WD Book 3TB Cannot be Accessed: Windows 10 Pro - 1909, OS Build: 18363.657 Howdy Folks, *Smile Shortly after a successful Macrium Reflect full backup [SSD Primary Image & HDD Secondary Files & Folders .mrbak] on my desktop the Book failed backing up my laptop. Disk Manager says it needs to be initialized...
  6. WD Book not recognized by windows 10

WD Book not recognized by windows 10: I have seen that a lot of people have this problem. I just bought a new system today and all my data was backed up on my WD Book. Using the WD tools I have verified there is no problem with the Drive. It does not show up in file manager. I have tried to change drive...
  7. WD My Book World Edition (White)

WD My Book World Edition (White): After building a PC with win 10, i've not had my WD my book world edition used for a good while, decided to plug it in and install the drivers etc. Plugged it into a switch and it's not being recognised at all, even downloaded the WD cd with the drivers and the detection...
  8. Connecting to WD My Book Live

Connecting to WD My Book Live: I can log into My Book Live, but when I go to File Explorer My Book Live doesn't appear. On a separate PC using Windows 10 it works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/connecting-to-wd-my-book-live/eeaf8f94-b8fb-41ff-8718-153ca3f41d95
  9. Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book: I have a 2TB WD My Cloud NAS and a 3 TB WD My Book USB drive. I want to back up the NAS to the USB drive automatically but the software that comes with the My Cloud won't do that. Does anyone know of a free or cheap program that will copy the contents of the NAS to the USB...
  10. computer will not boot if WD MY BOOK is plugged in

computer will not boot if WD MY BOOK is plugged in: I recently bought A WD MY BOOK ,but now my computer will not boot if WD MY BOOK is plugged in. What can I do? Other than the obvious 73680