Windows 10: Problem with WD

Discus and support Problem with WD in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I ran a virus test file today on my wife's laptop. The threat already removed but after the scan WD keep detecting the threat, even though thread... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mikelferdinan, Oct 18, 2020 at 7:37 AM.

1. Problem with WD

I ran a virus test file today on my wife's laptop. The threat already removed but after the scan WD keep detecting the threat, even though thread already removed.

Problem with WD [​IMG]

As you can see in the screenshot, scan result "no threat found", but it's still there in "Current threats" list and won't go away
    I've already restart the laptop and run scan couple of times, but it doesn't work. How do I fix this ?

:)

mikelferdinan, Oct 18, 2020 at 7:37 AM

2. WD Mybook Application won't launch

Hi James,

Problem launching the WD MyBook application could be due to incompatibility or could be caused by a software conflict. Since you've already reached out to WD support, we would like to know the following to help us isolate and address the problem:

• Were there any changes made or updates performed before the issue started?
    • What were the troubleshooting steps have you tried to far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the WD MyBook application?

In the meantime, please try to disable the firewall and antivirus software on your computer. Once done, launch the WD application again and see if it works.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

4. DelBoy Win User

Problem with WD

WD drive C5 yellow - Problem ?

Thank you all, here's the list of S.M.A.R.T in LifeGuard, everything has green tick but some of them have "Warranty 1" i don't know what that is. However, yesterday i ordered new WD Blue 1TB 64mb cache WD10EZEX, so i think that will be fine for quite a while. I'll copy everything from old one to new one and then i'll completely format the drive, that should help i guess

Problem with WD smart-png.png

Thema:

Problem with WD

1. Problem with WD - Similar Threads - Problem

2. NET HELPMSG 2182 problem with BITS service

in Windows 10 News
    NET HELPMSG 2182 problem with BITS service: [ATTACH]While trying to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter, you receive – Problem with BITS […] This article NET HELPMSG 2182 problem with BITS service first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Windows Icon Cashe Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Icon Cashe Problem: I recently deleted the windows icon cashe in localappdata in windows 10 while following a tutorial on how to fix thumbnails only showing paper symbols, when I deleted the icon cashe and restarted, all my icons and thumbnails were gone, not even a paper symbol, just nothing,...
  4. sound problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound problems: since the latest upgrade, the sound icon does not work, I cannot connect Bluetooth speakers to my laptop. I can control individual programs sounds by going into settings/system/sound/ and using the advanced sound options, but should not have to do this much to raise or lower...
  5. problem regarding keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem regarding keyboard keys: i have a hp keyboard whick works well when i brought it but after a 1- 2 years it most common keys such as esc,h,g,space,or even today it most of keys suddenly stopped working i do everything clean the keyboard from inside and also update the keyboard drive if any one have...
  6. Problem with my Disk D

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with my Disk D: for some reason, i have to constantly restart my pc for my disk D to show up, and it's the bigger drive (my disk c has like no storage) so it's kinda urgent cause i'm trying to download garry's mod submitted by /u/Trackeez [link] [comments]...
  7. C drive is MBR and machine is UEFi, problem in using Aomei backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    C drive is MBR and machine is UEFi, problem in using Aomei backup: I tried to use Aomei backupper to do both system backup and disk backup of one of my machines, but neither of them is successful and there are error either after finishing the backup or when i checked the image files. Please see the screen shots below. [img] [img] I...
  8. Windows Power Shell v1.0 problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Power Shell v1.0 problem: Hello Tech Support, Since the beginning of this year 2020 a blue screen pops up with this showing "c:/WINDOW/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0/powershell.exe. This happens every time I turn on my desk top touch screen. It's affecting my apps and I am not happy with this issue...
  9. .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5 PROBLEM. PLS HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5 PROBLEM. PLS HELP: Hi guys, I have problem with download and install this .Net framework 3.5 I follow the instructions to download ---> [ATTACH] Once it is downloading, its showing this result -----> [ATTACH] Please help what should I do?...
  10. HP Laptop Touchpad Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laptop Touchpad Problem: Recently my HP laptop touchpad has been causing me difficulty while typing. The mouse cursor jumps to various locations in my document when I don't want it to, often highlighting sections of text. How do I turn off the tap feature of my touchpad while keeping the cursor...