Windows 10: Problem with Wi-Fi switching

Discus and support Problem with Wi-Fi switching in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Switching from one Wi-Fi to another almost never works for me. For example if I am working using a Wi-Fi and if something happens to that Wi-Fi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vishnuc77, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Problem with Wi-Fi switching

Switching from one Wi-Fi to another almost never works for me. For example if I am working using a Wi-Fi and if something happens to that Wi-Fi connection, sometimes I turn on my mobile hotspot and try to use that. But whatever I do, it won't get connected to mobile hotspot. Even if I disconnect from the former Wi-Fi, it will still automatically get connected to it, in under 5 seconds! By the time I click on the mobile hotspot Wi-Fi, it says, 'sorry can't connect'. So now everytime I switch off the power to router, so that it won't show up as my Wi-Fi and then connect to mobile hotspot. Very rarely, maybe once in 20 times it will work as expected. Do you have any idea what's happening here?

submitted by /u/vishnuc77
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vishnuc77, Jul 3, 2020

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Automatically switch on to stronger Wi-Fi connection

Hi Joe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This could be achieved by enabling the Roaming Aggressiveness
    for your Wi-Fi adapter. Roaming Aggressiveness alters the signal strength threshold at which your Wi-Fi adapter starts scanning for another candidate AP. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapters and right click on your
      Wi-Fi adapter.
    • Choose Properties and click on
      Advanced
      tab.
    • Under Property, click on Roaming Aggressiveness
      and on the right pane set it to the highest value.
    • Exit Device Manager and try automatic connection to see if it works.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Problem with Wi-Fi switching

Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Problem with Wi-Fi switching

1. Problem with Wi-Fi switching - Similar Threads - Problem switching

2. Nintendo switch to pc problems for Minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nintendo switch to pc problems for Minecraft: I've linked my son's Nintendo switch Minecraft acc to my email and I am confused why it doesn't allow him to open bedrock edition on pc. If I need to purchase a new account then I can but I'm not willing to if there is a way since he recently got a computer and he thinks he...
  3. Nintendo switch to pc problems for Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nintendo switch to pc problems for Minecraft: I've linked my son's Nintendo switch Minecraft acc to my email and I am confused why it doesn't allow him to open bedrock edition on pc. If I need to purchase a new account then I can but I'm not willing to if there is a way since he recently got a computer and he thinks he...
  4. not able to switch to microsoft account due network problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to switch to microsoft account due network problems: i want to download apps from microsoft store but for that i firstly need to sign to microsoft account while i am trying to do that after putting my email it s showing network errors...
  5. not able to switch to microsoft account due network problems

not able to switch to microsoft account due network problems: i want to download apps from microsoft store but for that i firstly need to sign to microsoft account while i am trying to do that after putting my email it s showing network errors...
  6. Problems with administrator status after switching from windows 11 home S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with administrator status after switching from windows 11 home S mode: I switched out from windows 11 home S mode. It went OK, but now I had to perform an administrator level task disabling core integration and I could not. I am the only user of the computer, and the account info says I am administrator. Still, the disable button is inactive and...
  7. Problems with administrator status after switching from windows 11 home S mode

Problems with administrator status after switching from windows 11 home S mode: I switched out from windows 11 home S mode. It went OK, but now I had to perform an administrator level task disabling core integration and I could not. I am the only user of the computer, and the account info says I am administrator. Still, the disable button is inactive and...
  8. Did anyone face the problem of spontaneously switching from any one programme window to an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did anyone face the problem of spontaneously switching from any one programme window to an...: What I mean is that if File Explorer is open, it may spontaneously switch from the window of another open programme to the File Explorer window.What could be the cause?...
  9. Did anyone face the problem of spontaneously switching from any one programme window to an...

Did anyone face the problem of spontaneously switching from any one programme window to an...: What I mean is that if File Explorer is open, it may spontaneously switch from the window of another open programme to the File Explorer window.What could be the cause?...
  10. I switched my motherboard and now the DRAM debug light is on, what is the problem.

I switched my motherboard and now the DRAM debug light is on, what is the problem.: I recently switched out my motherboard and now the dram debug light is on. I switched the RAM out and still nothing is happening, there is no display...