Windows 10: Problem with wifi on Windows 10

Discus and support Problem with wifi on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have problems accessing websites via my BT Wifi connection. The connection is fine- and the wifi works fine on other devices in the home. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DouglasCraig, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Problem with wifi on Windows 10

I have problems accessing websites via my BT Wifi connection.

The connection is fine- and the wifi works fine on other devices in the home.

I can also access gmail via the wifi signal to my laptop.

However, I cannot access most webpages.

I get full internet access when I log on via my neighbour's wifi with her permission!, and also via ethernet from my BT hub.

I have run Windows diagnostics, turned off the firewall etc etc, without success.

Advice would be appreciated.

:)

DouglasCraig, Dec 2, 2020
  2. Bob338 Win User

Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Problem with wifi on Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Problem with wifi on Windows 10

1. Problem with wifi on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem wifi

2. Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet: i bought a pc that has windows activation key inside its BIOS, and i was told that itll activate once i connect to the internet. But the issue is that i dont have a WiFi adapter and only Ethernet connected to my pc, and once i go to the activation panel it tells me that i...
  3. Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet: i bought a pc that has windows activation key inside its BIOS, and i was told that itll activate once i connect to the internet. But the issue is that i dont have a WiFi adapter and only Ethernet connected to my pc, and once i go to the activation panel it tells me that i...
  4. Wifi problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi problem: My laptop is dell windows 10 until yesterday it was connecting to wifi but after an update its not even showing its name and not connecting to it . I tried variois methods including network reset due to which after restarting it showed the wifi name but not connecting saying...
  5. Wifi problem

Wifi problem: My laptop is dell windows 10 until yesterday it was connecting to wifi but after an update its not even showing its name and not connecting to it . I tried variois methods including network reset due to which after restarting it showed the wifi name but not connecting saying...
  6. Wifi problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I doesn't have wifi button on my window it's perhaps hardware problem because when I type...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I doesn't have wifi button on my window it's perhaps hardware problem because when I type...: Please help me I does not have Wi-Fi turn off and on button on windows I only got aeroplane mode button . It's not software problem because I type command ping 127.1.1 and got different type of answer 127.0 type answer that confirm that it is not software problem please help...
  8. I doesn't have wifi button on my window it's perhaps hardware problem because when I type...

I doesn't have wifi button on my window it's perhaps hardware problem because when I type...: Please help me I does not have Wi-Fi turn off and on button on windows I only got aeroplane mode button . It's not software problem because I type command ping 127.1.1 and got different type of answer 127.0 type answer that confirm that it is not software problem please help...
  9. I doesn't have wifi button on my window it's perhaps hardware problem because when I type...

10. Hi!. I have a problem with my laptop, when I try to connect to WiFi it keeps on saying "the...

Hi!. I have a problem with my laptop, when I try to connect to WiFi it keeps on saying "the...: Hi!... I have a problem with my laptop, when I try to connect to WiFi it keeps on saying "the laptop ran into a problem and error, it will restart in few minutes". What should I do?...