Windows 10: Problem with Win 10 Photos app

Discus and support Problem with Win 10 Photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I have, with some difficulty, managed to load Adobe Photoshop CS4 onto a new computer with Windows 10; irritatingly, Windows 10 will not let me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by geopet544, Oct 1, 2020.

1. geopet544 Win User

Problem with Win 10 Photos app

Hi
    I have, with some difficulty, managed to load Adobe Photoshop CS4 onto a new computer with Windows 10;
    irritatingly, Windows 10 will not let me change .jpg as the default file extn to Photoshop from the Photos app. Strangely, it will allow .tiff and .tif to be allocated to Photoshop, but will not budge on .jpeg. I have tried all the obvious routes through Win 10 Default Apps, Default File extns and Control Panel.

Win 10 is version 2004 (OS Build 19041.508)
    Can any one help, please

Many Thanks
    Peter

:)

geopet544, Oct 1, 2020
  2. Callender Win User

A problem with Win 10 Home Photos app

Just a suggesting. Clear all file associations via the GUI:

Problem with Win 10 Photos app [​IMG]

Then head to Settings> Apps> Default Apps> Choose Default Apps By File Type

Then set image file associations to something else.

Uninstall Irfanview completely using a third party uninstaller that scans for leftovers.

Then reboot and reinstall it. Set file associations for Irfanview via "Open With" > "Always use this app"

See if you get the same problem.

Callender, Oct 1, 2020
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 1, 2020
  4. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem with Win 10 Photos app - Similar Threads - Problem Photos app

2. NO PHOTOS APP IN WIN 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO PHOTOS APP IN WIN 10: After reinstalling Win 10, there is no PHOTOS app. Is there a way to recover it, or is it no longer available? If not, can you suggest a safe app for viewing and editing my photos?...
  3. NO PHOTOS APP IN WIN 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO PHOTOS APP IN WIN 10: After reinstalling Win 10, there is no PHOTOS app. Is there a way to recover it, or is it no longer available? If not, can you suggest a safe app for viewing and editing my photos?...
  4. Problem with Win 10 Photos App

Problem with Win 10 Photos App: I am able to open any photo in any folder in the Photos App including the first photo in the folder – see later, but as soon as I click on the next/previous arrows I get the following error message:FILENAME.JPG - Sorry, Photos can't open this file because the format is...
  5. A problem with Win 10 Home Photos app

in Windows 10 Support
    A problem with Win 10 Home Photos app: This is on my Gateway laptop, OS Win 10 Home 64 bit. I keep getting the following error message: -------------- An app default was reset An app caused a problem with the default app setting for *.jpeg files, so it was reset to photos. -------------- I also get the same error...
  6. Photos app win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Photos app win 10: What happened to the photos app? When I imported images I used to be asked if I wanted to delete the photos from the sd card. Now I'm not asked that and I have to delete the photos one by one in the camera. I opened the folder on the sd card in the computer file explorer, but...
  7. Photo app in win 10

Photo app in win 10: The photo app finds and includes .png files mostly icons. Can I exclude these files from the app? The files are showing as being located in the File History folder. Running Win 10 Version 1909...
  8. Photo App under Win-10

Photo App under Win-10: Trouble uploading Photos from iPhone to Win-10 PC. The Win-10 "Photos" App tries to upload all Photos from the iPhone, not only the new photos. As such, it quits uploading at about 6,296 photos. The iPhone has 9,600 total photos stored on it. What gives here???...
  9. Photos and Win 10 Photo Apps

Photos and Win 10 Photo Apps: I have two questions. 1. Is Photo Gallery going away? If so, when? I think I saw that it would no longer be supported. 2. One of the features I liked about PG was the Comments area; I could include a lot of info there. Now I can't use it. I don't see a similar feature in...
  10. Win 10 photos app crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 photos app crashes: Sometimes while editing a pic Photos will crash without bringing down Win 10. But sometimes it causes Win 10 to crash and restart. What is up? Thanks, Terry...