Windows 10: Problem with Win 10 system repair disk or recovery disk

Discus and support Problem with Win 10 system repair disk or recovery disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give me regarding safety disks/usb. I have Windows 10 Home 64bit. It says ut is version 19042, 1502 I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by barryman, Jun 23, 2021.

1. barryman Win User

Problem with Win 10 system repair disk or recovery disk

I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give me regarding safety disks/usb. I have Windows 10 Home 64bit. It says ut is version 19042, 1502 I am trying to make a new up-to-date Windows system repair disk. My previous repair disk seems to boot up fine but the two brand new CDs I've burned have a problem - they boot up as far as the first blue screen (Keyboard layout) but I cannot get past that as the keyboard keys will not work and neither does the mouse, therefore there is no navigating around the page. I tried pressing Enter to choose UK keyboard but, again, nothing happens. I burnt two different CDs and they both do the same, ie Boot up and then Nothing. So, any suggestions - after burning I got a Windows popup message saying it was successful. The reason I want the new up to date System repair disk is that I get the impression that a Recovery USB will replace the entire Windows 10 installation - all I want is the option to repair existing installation if needed. So am I right - is Recovery a complete reinstall or does it give the option of repair or using a previous restore point ?? I have made a Recovery USB which seems to have taken up about 8.5 gb of a 16 gb USB but I did not want to test it properly in case it went on to replace all my Win 10 installation with an original version. If you can advise me on successfully burning a new System Repair CD disk, is there any way to then copy the contents of a repair disk onto a USB to create a bootable USB System Repair Drive ??? That would be so much better. Thanks in advance

:)

barryman, Jun 23, 2021

2. What should I have as backup-a RECOVERY disk or a REPAIR disk? Are these the same or different?

Got the free upgrade to Windows 10 and I need to start making some kind of a Repair/Recovery disk.

Are these the same thing? Are they different?

Can someone list the steps needed to make this/ these disk (s)?

Thank you.

Barbara

BarbaraLarnce, Jun 23, 2021
  3. Unable to use repair disk and system image recovery as it will not work

Hello,

Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. I suggest you to provide more details regarding the issue you’re facing.

Please provide us more information help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Did you receive any error message or error code?

• What is the error that you receive while performing system image recovery through repair disk?

• What all troubleshooting steps have you done?

Reply with necessary information to help you better.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 23, 2021
  4. CVarga Win User

Recommendations for Windows 10 Home system repair disk and system image creation frequency

I thought I had a good understand of backup and restore for Windows. Following a recent problem where neither my saved backup (system image) nor system recovery disk resolved my problem, I am wondering now what are the recommendations for how often I need
    to create a new system repair disk or a system image.

I understand that any new files or apps and settings changes made following a backup activity can't be restored using my backup or saved system image. What I am curious to know is whether I need to make a new system repair disk and create a new system image
    backup whenever Microsoft distributes a new build version.

When I had the problem I referred to, the system failed to boot up but put me into the Windows Recovery Environment, where it tried to diagnose and repair an undescribed problem. The automatic repair failed. I next tried to use my Win 10 system repair disk
    to no avail. I downloaded the Win 10 ISO and tried to reinstall from it unsuccessfully. The messages I received suggested that the recovery steps I was trying were inconsistent with the installed OS. This brings me back to my original question. When Microsoft
    installs a new build version (such as going from the 10568 to the 14363 builds, do I need to create a new system repair disk and/or a new system image backup? Thanks in advance for your help.

CVarga, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Problem with Win 10 system repair disk or recovery disk - Similar Threads - Problem system repair

2. system repair disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system repair disk?: what is a system repair disk and how do I get one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair-disk/c920d5c3-8bf7-4150-98c9-9358a3ada27a
  3. Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk: Win 10 OS, was updating OS and system rebooted and froze during boot up. Tried Cnt/Alt/Del to shut down system, no success. Finally had to just shut PC off. Now it won't boot up. since I've had this system for several years, I cannot find my recovery thumbdrive most likely...
  4. Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk: Win 10 OS, was updating OS and system rebooted and froze during boot up. Tried Cnt/Alt/Del to shut down system, no success. Finally had to just shut PC off. Now it won't boot up. since I've had this system for several years, I cannot find my recovery thumbdrive most likely...
  5. Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Repair Disk: I couldn't find any information in support about my question. Which is: Do we need to create a new "System Repair Disk" for "System Backup" each time we update the new version of our Windows 10?...
  7. recovery system image repair disk

recovery system image repair disk: I have a Dell 7010 with current updates for win 10. I purchased two new 250g hard drives. I used the system repair disk to install my system backup on the first one. Witch seemed to work fine. when I tried to put the system on my second new hard drive the repair disk will...
  8. system repair disk

system repair disk: I was told that I can use a USB drive to create system repair drive but the only option is to use DVD/CD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair-disk/c4bc3e8d-81e1-4756-9ac6-6ca0ae08e632
  9. Updating system repair/recovery disk?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Updating system repair/recovery disk?: Hi, I am running windows 10 Creator version. My system repair/recovery USB flash drive was created during windows 8.1. Do I have to update the stick? 94124
  10. Win 10 System repair disk question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 System repair disk question: Since now I don't have install disks and I have 4 versions of Win 10 (Home 64 bit, Home 32 bit, Pro 64 bit and Pro 32 bit) do I need 4 versions of system repair disk or will one disk work on everything? Tks. 19120