Windows 10: Problem with windows 10 1909 showing other user on startup.

Discus and support Problem with windows 10 1909 showing other user on startup. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I have the following problem with windows 10 1909 it was working fine and on startup it listed my name but now then my laptop starts up the log... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MATTHEW60, Nov 28, 2020.

1. MATTHEW60 Win User

Problem with windows 10 1909 showing other user on startup.

Hello,
    I have the following problem with windows 10 1909 it was working fine and on startup it listed my name but now then my laptop starts up the log in screen says other user so click to sign in when the laptop has logged me in I check in accounts ans my name is the only accont listed.

Any help with this problem would be great,

Thanks

Matthew

:)

MATTHEW60, Nov 28, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 28, 2020
  4. JOE1865 Win User

Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 startup

I have tried these two options below but they did not work.Any Ideas----------------- Steps to disable startup programs in Windows 10:
    NOT IN START UP FOLDER

1. Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, type msconfig in the blank search box and choose msconfig to open System Configuration.
    2. Step 2: Select Startup and tap Open Task Manager.
    3. Step 3: Click a startup item and tap the bottom-right Disable button.
    I have done this in reverse and it does not work—meaning I took out word short cut

First, create a shortcut of the Document and place it on (say, Desktop).

Then, go to the following location:

Your Drive:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Drop your Shortcut into the Startup folder. However, when you cold boot your computer, your Desktop will first show up and then a few seconds later the Doc should appear.

JOE1865, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem with windows 10 1909 showing other user on startup. - Similar Threads - Problem 1909 showing

2. Show all users at startup - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Show all users at startup - Windows 10: Hello,Updated my laptop as it was forced down my throat and now I miss all users that I can select at startup.When logged in and restart, it shows that user to login and not giving an option to switch/change account.I would like to have this back and I do not need anyone...
  3. Show all users at startup - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show all users at startup - Windows 10: Hello,Updated my laptop as it was forced down my throat and now I miss all users that I can select at startup.When logged in and restart, it shows that user to login and not giving an option to switch/change account.I would like to have this back and I do not need anyone...
  4. Show all users at startup - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. after windows update, the startup screen only shows other user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after windows update, the startup screen only shows other user: I was having issues with getting my computer to update, but I was able to update it after someone from Geek Squad was able to fix it. However, after my computer restarted after the update was installed, none of my user information will show and only “Other User” shows up. How...
  6. Other User on startup screen?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Other User on startup screen?: I also have a phantom 'Other User" account on the logon screen that the system defaults to. I have Windows 10 version 1903 (OS build 18362.356) running on an HP Streambook (designed for Windows 10, not Chrome OS). After the last Windows update the phantom "Other User" account...
  7. "other user" problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "other user" problem: I am using Windows 10. Not realizing what I was doing at the time, I established a PIN number. Originally, when I rebooted, started or woke from sleep, I needed no user, pin or password to get into the computer. Once I established the Pin, everything changed and I now...
  8. User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users

User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users: i updated my lap with windows 10 update assistant after updated it restarted and it showing only other users while trying my user name and password it shows invalid user name and password [IMG][IMG][IMG]Please respond me with a possible solution as soon as possible...
  9. other user problem

other user problem: I have this problem on my windows 10 computer its called other user i have tried everything bit none of them work i tried pressing win+r but it wont show up i even enabled safe mode that dont work so please can u guys help real quick thank you And btw this all started...
  10. List of users not showing at startup *and* login as other user also not showing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    List of users not showing at startup *and* login as other user also not showing: Here is my startup screen - as you can see it only allows the last user to Login. There is no way for any other users to login - they aren't listed and there isn't an option to login as another user. This used to work - I'm afraid I can't say exactly when it stopped - a few...