Windows 10: Problem with Windows 10 account settings

Discus and support Problem with Windows 10 account settings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Something has happened recently where basically the entire Windows 10 settings window is incredibly slow. Any time I attempt to change a setting, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ScottBrady86, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Problem with Windows 10 account settings

Something has happened recently where basically the entire Windows 10 settings window is incredibly slow. Any time I attempt to change a setting, it can take upward of 30 to 45 seconds. These features all worked instantly in the past. It also causes my mouse to stutter and deselect items while it's processing a task. I will below list some of the trouble shooting I have already attempted. This problem started about a week or 2 ago, and I can't really pinpoint what's causing it. It's extremely frustrating because whenever Windows Defender scans, or updates , it causes my mouse to skip around and do weird stuff which causes me to move files around in places I don't want to, or select things I don't want to. It's not just the mouse though, basically everything inside the windows settings screen is incredibly slow. The rest of my computer works flawlessly. It's almost as if it's bound to my actual user account, and there's something happening with the user profile. Is there some way to reset all of my User settings ?

Windows is up to date

I have no viruses or malware

I have unplugged and re-plugged in mouse , and tried another mouse and the problem persists

The problem persists in Safe Mode

I have Power Management to high priority / High performance

Temperatures and clock speeds are perfect on GPU and CPU

Memory has lots of headroom , only using 5 or 6gb out of 16 , all memory functioning fine

System Specs -

I7 7700K

GTX1080

16 GB DDR4

Gsync - 144hz display

Running all latest drivers and updates

:)

ScottBrady86, Nov 22, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Problem with Windows 10 account settings :(

Zakin, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 22, 2018
  4. angus Win User

Problem with Windows 10 account settings

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Problem with Windows 10 account settings

1. Problem with Windows 10 account settings - Similar Threads - Problem account settings

2. Account set-up problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account set-up problem: In setting up my account, I typed my email with a "2" instead of an "@" — that is, jrmfpc2gmail.com instead of *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Can you fix that for me or help me do it? Because of this mistake I can't access my account or use Office.Jim McCrea...
  3. Account set-up problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account set-up problem: In setting up my account, I typed my email with a "2" instead of an "@" — that is, jrmfpc2gmail.com instead of *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Can you fix that for me or help me do it? Because of this mistake I can't access my account or use Office.Jim McCrea...
  4. Windows 10 User Account Control Settings Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 User Account Control Settings Problem: When I turned on my computer, it notified me that it was "Not secure" as the UAC was "At risk." I therefore moved the UAC slider up one level to its recommended default setting, clicked "OK" and restarted my computer. When I checked my UAC settings after restart, the slider...
  5. Windows 10 User Account Control Settings Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 User Account Control Settings Problem: When I turned on my computer, it notified me that it was "Not secure" as the UAC was "At risk." I therefore moved the UAC slider up one level to its recommended default setting, clicked "OK" and restarted my computer. When I checked my UAC settings after restart, the slider...
  6. Windows 10 User Account Control Settings Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. windows 10 setting problem

windows 10 setting problem: Plz Help Me I am Not Updated My Windows Plz File This Problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-setting-problem/d9c188cd-c8f7-4870-b11b-3b81f78e8091
  8. Windows 10 / Settings / Accounts

Windows 10 / Settings / Accounts: Start -> Settings Open Settings window When click to the Accounts icon [ATTACH] doesn't open the Accounts and is closing the Settings window. Using Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage Accounts I can open in a Window the accounts. Using the link at...
  9. Settings for Microsoft Account Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Settings for Microsoft Account Problem: On New Notifications dropdown I am receiving the following information: Microsoft Account Problem "We need to fix your Microsoft account (most likely your password changed). Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings." My question: Is it safe to Select it?...
  10. Account problem causing Settings Panel Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account problem causing Settings Panel Problem: The Settings panel on my Windows 10 Pro production system opens full screen. I had another thread about the problem and with troubleshooting assistance the problem has been isolated to my Win 10 account. I can create another account and the Settings panel opens "normal" size....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 problem with account