Windows 10: Problem with Windows 10 Camera App

Discus and support Problem with Windows 10 Camera App in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Think Pad with no inbuilt camera but II do have a seperate webcam and I have also in the past successsfully used mmy iphone as a web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisSomerville1, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Problem with Windows 10 Camera App

I have a Lenovo Think Pad with no inbuilt camera but II do have a seperate webcam and I have also in the past successsfully used mmy iphone as a web cam.

Now when I connect either the webcam or the iphone by USB I fail to get a picture. I have produced a screen shot to show the screen I do get. But the rotating circle centre screen and the ICON, top left with a Flashing X across it is all I get.

Can anybody tell me what the icon signifies. I thought it might indicate a faulty USB socket - but I have tried changing to another usb. I have also closed down and restarted. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks,Chris

:)

ChrisSomerville1, Oct 12, 2020

2. Camera app not working on Windows 10

Hello Phoebe,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We're sorry to hear the inconvenience you have experienced.

Does it give any error message?

Suggest you to try with the below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run built in Windows Store Apps troubleshooter

* Press Windows Key then type ‘troubleshoot’ and select the same from the list

* Select “View all” on the left panel and run “Windows Store Apps” troubleshooter from the list

* Click Advanced, ensure to check Apply repairs automatically
    and also select Run as administrator

* Click Next and finish the troubleshooting by following the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

Suggest you to check with the below article, which provides troubleshooting steps when Camera app fails to start.

How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows
    Camera app fails to launch

Fix Windows Camera app problems with USB web cameras

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 12, 2020
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Problem with Windows 10 Camera App

Camera app problem with Windows 10

Hello Kap,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue let us follow these steps:

Method 1:

Refer to this article to run the Windows App troubleshooter.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

Alternatively, you may try to uninstall and reinstall camera driver. Follow these steps:

You may download the latest Camera Driver from the manufacturer’s website.

Once downloaded you may follow these steps:

• On Device Manager find and uninstall the current Camera Driver. To uninstall locate the Camera Driver in the Device Manager and right-click on the Camera Driver in Device Manager and select the option to uninstall.

• Once done, restart your computer and then install the newly downloaded Camera driver.

• Restart the computer again and check if the issue with the Camera resolves.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Problem with Windows 10 Camera App

1. Problem with Windows 10 Camera App - Similar Threads - Problem Camera App

2. Problems with Camera app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Camera app.: I'm having a problem with the camera app in Windows 10. I haven't used it in some time but was surprised when I couldn't reverse the view or use other controls. With all the updates, who knows what has happened over time. An MS-Tech tried to figure it out & spent a long time...
  3. Problems with Camera app.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with Camera app.: I'm having a problem with the camera app in Windows 10. I haven't used it in some time but was surprised when I couldn't reverse the view or use other controls. With all the updates, who knows what has happened over time. An MS-Tech tried to figure it out & spent a long time...
  4. Problems with Camera app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Problem with Windows 10 Camera App

Problem with Windows 10 Camera App: I have a Lenovo Think Pad with no inbuilt camera but I do have a seperate webcam and I have also in the past successfully used my iphone as a web cam. Now when I connect either the webcam or the iphone by USB I fail to get a picture. I have produced a screen shot to show the...
  6. A problem with camera 'app'

A problem with camera 'app': Actually I had installed xsplit vcam a camera software and then after sometime I deleted it from c:/program files too, in every program I can use my default webcam but only in the camera 'app' of windows 10 it still xsplit vcam, please help me and tell me what should I do?...
  7. camera app problem

camera app problem: hi can you help me because my camera app stops working after i update to windows 10 2004build and its keep saying this "Close other apps...", error code 0xA00F4243, or error code 0xA00F4288 please help me what to do....
  8. Problems with Camera app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with Camera app: My camera app keeps crashing every time I try to open it. I'm using the default camera app that automatically comes on Microsoft devices. It starts to show the blue screen with the white camera logo in the middle like it would if it was about to open but then it closes. Any...
  9. Problem with Camera App

Problem with Camera App: why won't my windows 10 camera work? [Original Title: windows camera] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-camera-app/8a439fe6-a60c-4123-b55b-23834452a2f2
  10. Camera App problem

Camera App problem: I just tried to take a photo using my Microsoft HD webcam and received the following error message: 0xA00f42f<photocapturefilecreationfailed> (0x80070005). Please let me know what can be done to fix this...