Windows 10: Problem with Windows 10 Home and USB flush drives

Discus and support Problem with Windows 10 Home and USB flush drives in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All of a sudden no USB flush drive (different makes) seem to be recognised by Windows but it does recognise USB external drive. I have uninstalled the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scopio, Feb 18, 2019.

1. scopio Win User

Problem with Windows 10 Home and USB flush drives

All of a sudden no USB flush drive (different makes) seem to be recognised by Windows but it does recognise USB external drive.
    I have uninstalled the flush drives in Device manager, power off the pc and power it on again and tried the flush drives again but to no avail! Windows makes to sound when connecting and disconnecting the flush drives but nothing else. Any useful suggestions?

Problem with Windows 10 Home and USB flush drives [​IMG]

:)

scopio, Feb 18, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 18, 2019
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Problem with Windows 10 Home and USB flush drives - Similar Threads - Problem Home USB

2. Windows 10, USB Flash Drive Problem.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10, USB Flash Drive Problem.: Hello, I need help. I have the problem shown in the pictures. I can't use the USB flash drive also tried plugging in another port but same problem. I have used another USB flash drive but still have the same problem. DVD and CD have the same problem.Thank you for your...
  3. Windows 10, USB Flash Drive Problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, USB Flash Drive Problem.: Hello, I need help. I have the problem shown in the pictures. I can't use the USB flash drive also tried plugging in another port but same problem. I have used another USB flash drive but still have the same problem. DVD and CD have the same problem.Thank you for your...
  4. Windows 10, USB Flash Drive Problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Flush DNS Cache Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flush DNS Cache Problem: Netflix won't open, so I searched the web, which told me to flush the DNS cache, I did flush the DNS cache, but the problem was not solved. I tried reinstalling Netflix, but the Microsoft Store takes a long time to load. Also, can't open the Windows update. It says that I...
  6. Flush DNS Cache Problem

Flush DNS Cache Problem: Netflix won't open, so I searched the web, which told me to flush the DNS cache, I did flush the DNS cache, but the problem was not solved. I tried reinstalling Netflix, but the Microsoft Store takes a long time to load. Also, can't open the Windows update. It says that I...
  7. Problem with USB Drives

Problem with USB Drives: I was running Dell's OS Recovery Tool to create a bootable USB on a ENUODA USB 3.0 64GB drive. An error appeared that was something to do with creating a ZIP file. I didn't record the exact details and was preparing to redo the process. However, I noticed that the USB drive...
  8. Problem with Mini-USB Drive included with WIN 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with Mini-USB Drive included with WIN 10 Home Edition: Question - How do I remove the tight Blue Cover from the Mini-USB Drive that is included with WIN 10 Home Retail Version ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-mini-usb-drive-included-with-win-10/a6820e15-2c28-4da1-b3d6-6cabc0ef930a
  9. Encrypt USB drive to use in Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encrypt USB drive to use in Windows 10 Home: I have two pcs' that I use frequently, 1st is my main desktop with Windows 10 Home and local account and the 2nd is my laptop which I use less frequent with Windows 10 Pro with local account too, non of my pcs' have a Microsoft Account to sign in. My question is if I encrypt...
  10. Problem with Windows 10 Home and USB flash drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Windows 10 Home and USB flash drives: All of a sudden no USB flush drive (different makes) seem to be recognised by Windows but it does recognise USB external drive. I have uninstalled the flush drives in Device manager, power off the pc and power it on again and tried the flush drives again but to no avail!...