Windows 10: Problem with Windows 10 Maps App

Discus and support Problem with Windows 10 Maps App in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I input an address, the app suggests me the details of this address, I click on it and then I receive a message stating impossibility to find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelRheuby, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Problem with Windows 10 Maps App

When I input an address, the app suggests me the details of this address, I click on it and then I receive a message stating impossibility to find the address. It suggests me to check the spelling or edit it

:)

MichaelRheuby, Jan 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 maps app problems

Hello Darryl,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issues with the maps app. You may try the steps mentioned in the article provided below except troubleshooter. Try to run the troubleshooter from
    here.

Troubleshoot problems with an app

If issue persists then there might be a chance that the Maps app may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any queries related to Windows, we will be happy to assist you.

Sahil Bali, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Windows Maps App.

Hi, Peter

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, I understand your concern and will try to assit you in the best way we can.

Have you tried restarting your system and check if you are able to find the app in your computer. If not then I would suggest that you do so and check if you are able to locate the app.

I would also suggest that you go to your c: drive locate Program Files open WindowsApps and check if the app is present there.

If you still cant find the app in your system then follow the steps mentioned below to remove and re-install Maps.

• On the search bar, type “Powershell” right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command stated below
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsMaps* |remove-appxpackage

• This will remove Maps from your system, you can install the app again from Store. But it will required to close Windows Store (if opened) to reinstall Maps.

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Problem with Windows 10 Maps App

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Problem with Windows 10 Maps App

1. Problem with Windows 10 Maps App - Similar Threads - Problem Maps App

2. Google Maps/Maps app not working properly on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Maps/Maps app not working properly on Windows 10.: Hello, I am using Windows 10, and recently I downgraded from Windows 11. After that, one major issue I am facing is MAPSGoogle Maps or Maps app both not working properly. Location is fine. It is showing correct location but navigation or other features like zoom out/in or...
  3. Making Google Maps the default map app on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Making Google Maps the default map app on windows 10: How can I make Google Maps the default map app on windows 10? I have it downloaded and the icon on my desktop. The file location is Under Google as C:\Program Files x86\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome_proxy.exeI have Win 10 Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.964. I s this doable?...
  4. Windows 10 Maps App: "It is confirmed this is still a bug and not fixed ... If the problem...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Maps App: "It is confirmed this is still a bug and not fixed ... If the problem...: Hello, As discussed over the call : It is confirmed this is still a bug and not fixed , unfortunately PG team has not provided us any update on this Issue’s fix arrival so we are unable to update you here as well . It would be either be release publicly in upcoming...
  5. windows 10 map app

windows 10 map app: Unable to see street view https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-map-app/f8a35a15-a22a-45cf-877b-ee6a42a5a99b
  6. Problem with Windows 10 Maps Program

Problem with Windows 10 Maps Program: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro. I cannot get Maps to work on my computer. It starts up fine, displays maps, finds a location on the map, but it will not give me directions. It just sits there and whirrrrs (the little spinner is relentless!) but...
  7. Maps app

Maps app: I have problems with the maps app, it doesn't work. When it opens it doesn't show me the location, it doesn't show anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maps-app/c612800e-2c03-4e91-9269-56ca31402c78
  8. Is windows 10 map app broken?

Is windows 10 map app broken?: I've seen the answers for this issue including changing the default location or setting a new one and changing my region in the settings even though the info were correct to begin with. The thing is I can set my current destination as a default location but it seems to be...
  9. Map App

Map App: I tried to install the following App serveral times over the course of several days : Map (Microsoft Corporation) but always I get the error message: "couldn't Install. We 'll retry shortly". I use Windows 10 Home Edition (fully Upgraded). Is this app obsoleted? 100662
  10. windows 10 map app not working

windows 10 map app not working: This is on a dell venue pro 11 tablet with windows 10 pro. I downloaded an offline map in settings, then map app would not load. When I click on map, it pop up for 3 seconds then gone. I tried run App troubleshooter. It did not find any problem. how to fix this ? 36950