Windows 10: Problem with windows 10 PC resetting after shutting down

Discus and support Problem with windows 10 PC resetting after shutting down in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I reset my Dell laptop with Windows 10. When I set things up like my default browser and add things to desktop and task bar and turn off computer it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GenevaBarney, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Problem with windows 10 PC resetting after shutting down

I reset my Dell laptop with Windows 10. When I set things up like my default browser and add things to desktop and task bar and turn off computer it reverts back to what I reset it to when turned back on. I reset in the hopes that It fix update issues which it didn't

:)

GenevaBarney, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Problem with windows 10 PC resetting after shutting down

Windows 10 "There was a problem resetting your PC"

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply and updating on the status.

I suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool from the link provided below and perform a Reset.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.
    Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Problem with windows 10 PC resetting after shutting down

1. Problem with windows 10 PC resetting after shutting down - Similar Threads - Problem resetting shutting

2. During reset was pc shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During reset was pc shut down: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. During reseting my pc fall down electric and pc was shut down. After that, everytime when i trying to finish reset showed me this. Can somebody help me what i shoud do?...
  3. During reset was pc shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    During reset was pc shut down: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. During reseting my pc fall down electric and pc was shut down. After that, everytime when i trying to finish reset showed me this. Can somebody help me what i shoud do?...
  4. Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart: Hello, I have a windows 10 gaming pc No it’s not compatible with Windows 11 and I had seen a previous question about this problem but after following the steps on that question I came to a halt with this problem picture there is no check box for turning off the option like...
  5. Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart: Hello, I have a windows 10 gaming pc No it’s not compatible with Windows 11 and I had seen a previous question about this problem but after following the steps on that question I came to a halt with this problem picture there is no check box for turning off the option like...
  6. PC Shutting Down Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC Shutting Down Problem: I have a dell Optilex 990 and everytime I use the computer and a couple of minutes later it shuts down by itself I checked for driver issues or corrupted drivers but everything seems ok please help....
  7. Windows 10 PC shuts down after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 PC shuts down after boot: The Issue: - Self built PC of around 4.5 years old - Started happening yesterday evening - Parts list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/ The current status of the issue: it either turns off immediately after booting OR, it'll stay on for anywhere between 1-20 mins...
  8. Windows 10 pc resetting on shut down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 pc resetting on shut down: Hi when the above happens, I'm getting a stop code appearing saying " Driver_Power_State_Failure. Any idea's anyone ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pc-resetting-on-shut-down/b51363bb-4252-4636-8b05-4acd180cac8b
  9. pc shut down during reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pc shut down during reset: hi all, was resetting my windows 10 pc when the thing shut down (probably from overheating) and it now says I need to reinstall my BCD. does anyone know where I can find the place to do that? submitted by /u/murderducky1 [link] [comments]...
  10. PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.: I just got a new gaming headset and I plugged it in. It updated drivers and then I went to press shutdown. After pressing shutdown, I turned off my monitor and left the room. I came back into the room and was suprised my pc fan lights and keyboard and mouse lights were still...