Windows 10: Problem with windows 10 theme effect on winforms in .NET application

Discus and support Problem with windows 10 theme effect on winforms in .NET application in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My application is using MDIMultiple Document Interface , all forms are getting effected by windows themes except MDI child forms. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rama Suchitha Challa, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Problem with windows 10 theme effect on winforms in .NET application

My application is using MDIMultiple Document Interface , all forms are getting effected by windows themes except MDI child forms.

Is there a way to have standardized appearance over the entire application just by changing some settings, if not what are the alternate solutions to this problem. It used to work as expected borders appeared on all the forms irrespective of what they arein previous OS versions of windows.

Below is an example of the issue which I am facing

Problem with windows 10 theme effect on winforms in .NET application 167d2afb-9e5a-4763-b7ee-eff8c534837f?upload=true.jpg

I the above screenshot my parent form and message box with hello message are getting effected by windows 10 default theme and are not displaying

any borders but my child form is not showing similar behavior. Below image just for reference.

Problem with windows 10 theme effect on winforms in .NET application 1fa881fd-c5e8-4ea9-8692-e138a99bf35f?upload=true.jpg

:)

Rama Suchitha Challa, Jan 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 Performance Issue with WinForms Application

Hi,

We are upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

We encounter very bad performance with a our WinForms applications running on Windows 10 with .NET 4.7. We had no problems under Windows 7 with .NET 4.5.2.

After investigation it appeared creating GUI controls on a form is several times slower on Windows 10 than is was on Windows 7.

There are several posts on the web indicating the same problem but without a solution.

Have anyone encountered similar problems? Maybe someone found even a solution for this problem?

Thanks for your reply.

Peter_74WT, Jan 24, 2020
  3. cuttajoe Win User
    Windows 10 Performance Issue on .Net Framework Windows Forms Application

We run our winforms application under .Net Framework 4.5.1.

We encounter very bad perfromance running under Windows 10.

We have no problems under Windows 7.

Have anyone encountered similar problems? May someone found even a solution for this problem?

cuttajoe, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Problem with windows 10 theme effect on winforms in .NET application

Update on .NET Core 3.0 and .NET Framework 4.8

Source: Update on .NET Core 3.0 and .NET Framework 4.8 | .NET Blog

Brink, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Problem with windows 10 theme effect on winforms in .NET application

1. Problem with windows 10 theme effect on winforms in .NET application - Similar Threads - Problem theme effect

2. .NET Runtime and Application Error trying to start an application in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .NET Runtime and Application Error trying to start an application in Windows 10: I am trying to open an application that worked last week. Now it opens, loads for a second or so, then closes. These are the errors I get when going into event viewer the first error is the .NET Runtime error: Application: ThermoStartUp.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319...
  3. Visual Basic WinForms Apps in .NET 5 and Visual Studio 16.8

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Basic WinForms Apps in .NET 5 and Visual Studio 16.8: Visual Basic, along with its Application Framework, is supported in .NET 5 and Visual Studio 16.8! Visual Studio 16.8 includes the Windows Forms Designer, so Visual Basic is ready for you to migrate existing applications or create new applications. While .NET Core has had...
  4. Don't want application using Windows 10 theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Don't want application using Windows 10 theme: I use dark mode and a dark theme on my laptop. Problem is some apps use these colours when I open them, making them hard to read (I have to hover over each line to read it). Is there a way to force an application to use it's own default ? Example below shows my Wise Disk...
  5. Themes Problem in windows 10

Themes Problem in windows 10: Hello, I am having trouble with the personalized themes I create not retaining the selected cursors or Icons. It will keep the correct wallpaper settings, but does not change the cursors or icons to the ones I set for the theme in question. I have been trying to rebuild my...
  6. .NET applications crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    .NET applications crashing: I have this weird problem that almost every .NET application crashes, including .NET Core 3.0. (2.2 runs fine) Noticed this first with Visual Studio Installer and Visual Studio. ServiceHub is almost constantly crashing. Several error logs are being reported in the event...
  7. Mysql application doesnt run(.NET Framework problem)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mysql application doesnt run(.NET Framework problem): i have a problem in installing MySql in my laptop. i use windows 10. after a lot of research i found out that there is some problem with the .NET Framework. i trying installing it it gives me this please help none of my applications run and i cannnot install and work on...
  8. Windows 10 Performance Issue with WinForms Application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Performance Issue with WinForms Application: Hi, We are upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. We encounter very bad performance with a our WinForms applications running on Windows 10 with .NET 4.7. We had no problems under Windows 7 with .NET 4.5.2. After investigation it appeared creating GUI controls on a form...
  9. Problem with WIndows 10 Theme

Problem with WIndows 10 Theme: Hi, i use UltraUXThemePatcher and WIndows 10 (last version) I have a problem everytime i apply some custom theme [img] This is what happen, sometimes im afk to do something, and when im back to PC this is what happen with theme. LEFT image = This is what happen when im...
  10. Bringing modern WebView to .NET WinForms and WPF Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Bringing modern WebView to .NET WinForms and WPF Apps in Windows 10: One of the founding principles of Microsoft Edge is that it is evergreen, with automatic updates to Windows 10 continually refreshing both Microsoft Edge itself and web content throughout Windows 10. However, until recently, WinForms and WPF apps didn’t have access to the...