Windows 10: Problem with Windows 10 Update Version 2004

Discus and support Problem with Windows 10 Update Version 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello For more than 4 months I received an update to version 2004 on my LapTop, that means I have version 1909, however, I had not been able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Edw1nR, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Edw1nR Win User

Problem with Windows 10 Update Version 2004

Hello

For more than 4 months I received an update to version 2004 on my LapTop, that means I have version 1909, however, I had not been able to update yet, as I have not backed up my files, just in case it arises some problem when that version is installed. About Friday I received the October update, that is, version 20H2, to download and install, that means that version 2004 does not seem to download the functions when I have not installed it yet, and for logical reasons I want to install Version 2004 first before 20H2.

How can I download the 2004 version, considering that my LapTop does not allow me to see the 2004 version?

Thanks

Problem with Windows 10 Update Version 2004 9f06af8c-658e-46dc-8720-e7d5f60f95d6?upload=true.png

:)

Edw1nR, Nov 17, 2020

2. Having problem update to Windows 10, version 2004

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor & I understand from the description that your encountering error while installing the latest windows updates so I suggest you follow the below instructions to upgrade the windows to the latest version 2004 manually
    following the below steps.

Latest Windows Feature Pack 2004 update manually steps:

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Step 4: It will start downloading the update and also shows the percentage of download.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Problem with Windows 10 Update Version 2004

Windows 10 Version 2004 update?

I didn't say to reinstall the operating system. The method I gave to run the media is the most stable way to upgrade to the latest version. Windows Update is NOT.

You don't need to download the media if you don't want to, just install the Media Creation Tool, open it, choose Upgrade this PC Now and it will run automatically. It's still a much more stable method than to use buggy WIndows Updates.

You can also ignore Version 2004 since it has no new features and only problems so far. You can read more about it here so you're informed properly:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-2004-w...

https://www.ghacks.net/2020/05/28/windows-10-ve...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2020/0...

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3232632/h...

So there is no worry about not having it installed.

How is performance otherwise? If you want to find and fix any problems you can go over this checklist to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs get done:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Start with Step 4 to turn off Startup freeloaders which can conflict and cause issues, then Step 7 to check for infection the most thorough way, then step 10 to check for damaged System Files, and also Step 16 to test a new Local Admin account. Then continue
    with the other steps to go over your install most thoroughly.

Run the HP Support Assistant to update all of your drivers and BIOS/UEFI firmware:

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportas...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions if it's not clear.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Problem with Windows 10 Update Version 2004

1. Problem with Windows 10 Update Version 2004 - Similar Threads - Problem Update Version

2. Problem with Windows 10 Update Version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with Windows 10 Update Version 2004: Hello For more than 4 months I received an update to version 2004 on my LapTop, that means I have version 1909, however, I had not been able to update yet, as I have not backed up my files, just in case it arises some problem when that version is installed. About Friday I...
  3. version 2004 update problem

version 2004 update problem: I have tried to install version 2004 of Windows 10 on an ACER laptop several times. the installation goes well until it is about 90% complete. Then the laptop hangs, no error message, just hangs. Have to do a hard power shutdown hold power button for several seconds. Laptop...
  4. Windows 10 update version 2004 problems

Windows 10 update version 2004 problems: We have several older PC's in our plant that we have upgraded to Windows 10. They have all worked perfectly until the windows 10 update version 2004. Now they are continuously failing after this update. The disk gives an error stating the drive needs to be formatted. The...
  5. Problem with updating Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with updating Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004: While trying to update the feature update, the status goes from Getting things ready (0%-93%) and then downloading (0%-99%) and then installing (0%-20%) and then back to getting things ready (0%). I patiently try it again but the same happens. This is crucial because I...
  6. Problem With Feature Update Windows 10 Version 2004

Problem With Feature Update Windows 10 Version 2004: Hello, It's have been more than a month and still the feature update windows 10 version 2004 is not available in my laptop. Previously, on the update page it was showing : "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. We are offering this update to compatible devices. Your...
  7. Problem with update to version 2004

Problem with update to version 2004: When my computer is trying to update, I get roaring fans and beeps that are repeating over and overagain until I press the power button.Any help is highly appreciated...
  8. Version 2004 update problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Version 2004 update problem: I have successfully updated a laptop and a desktop from version 1909 to version 2004 with very little difficulty. A second laptop, not so much. When I tried about two months ago it took forever to go through the steps to no avail and no update. I left it alone until recently...
  9. Having problem update to Windows 10, version 2004

Having problem update to Windows 10, version 2004: Dear Microsoft Support Team, Please find attached for your kind attention. What may have cause the problem? Is there any information detail in the Windows Setting that may have accidentally check or uncheck? Is there any application that may interfered with the...
  10. Problems after update windows 10 version 2004

Problems after update windows 10 version 2004: Hello, I'm having some troubles after update a few days ago: Hibernate is not working, it just turn off my laptop. Sleep is making the system hang so I have to force shutdown with the power button. Normal shutdown takes a lot of time in comparison with the shutdown time...