Windows 10: Problem with Windows 1809 update! Desktop composition and R6S!

Discus and support Problem with Windows 1809 update! Desktop composition and R6S! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I really need some serious support, I don't know what to do. So I have been at Windows 10 1803 for a while, don't really know why, it just seemed like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Smough, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Smough Win User

Problem with Windows 1809 update! Desktop composition and R6S!

I really need some serious support, I don't know what to do. So I have been at Windows 10 1803 for a while, don't really know why, it just seemed like a good version to me, but in reality it had quite some problems, even with a clean install. Anyway, I downloaded a Windows 1809 ISO from TechBench by WZT (v4.1.1), decided to update 1803 to 1809 and then update 1809 on my own to the latest compilation with the MS Update catalog.

So after the update the system was quite a lot faster, snappier, SSD and HDD benchmarks increased around 20 MB/s (so I am getting better system I/O) and in general, seems to be ok. But I have some odd issues. First of all, a baseline: I reinstalled the nVidia driver and used DDU to be sure there are no problems, but still the issue persists, this may be a bit technical, so please bear with me: I set my monitor to 75 Hz using NVCP to play R6S, I like to use Borderless full screen on that game because I want a 75 Hz refresh rate; at Fullscreen it goes back to 60 Hz, but that isn't my problem: My problem is that Windows 1809 seems to have the DWM damaged or something.

I always measure frametimes with RivaTuner, on Widows 1803 at R6S (or any other game) the frametimes were perfect at [email protected] ms at Borderless, rock solid, never moving, without me needing to use any framerate limiter. On Windows 1809, this isn't the case anymore and the frametimes are just worse on Borderless, fluctuating from 13.1 ms to 13.5 ms, I have no idea why. I have ran sfc /scannow twice and it reports no corrupt Windows files, somehow seems DWM is damaged and I have no idea if updating from 1803 could have messed up something.

My final resource is to clean install Windows 1809, but that's a LONG process, I would have to set every single thing up again, then updating it, checking stuff, re-configuring and reinstalling every single program, oh god, big chore... And I have no idea if it would solve my problem, I wanna keep 1809, the system is better with this version, but the DWM seems to be "damaged" and I have no idea how to fix this, I have tried different stuff to no avail. I can rollback to 1803, but I still want to troubleshoot these issues I am having.

Yes, yes, I know I could play on Fullscreen or just use RTSS to limit the framerate to get good frametimes; but the thing is that I didn't need to do that before, so it means something is messed up.

Nvidia driver is 441.87 right now.

Please help!

:)

Smough, Mar 27, 2020

2. microsoft composit battery

Hello,

The Microsoft Composite Battery Driver doesn't affect the charging of the battery. Hardware Charging Circuit controls the charging function of the battery, it's a part of the motherboard installed in the laptop.

Microsoft Composite Battery Driver reports the information that it receives from the charging circuit. This information is displayed in the Battery Meter GUI that is located in the Desktop / Notification Area.

If you're able to see the Battery icon in the lower-right section of the task bar, that means your Microsoft Composite Battery Driver is working. We recommend that you run a check of the battery condition. Follow the steps below:

• Press Winkey+X and click the
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt window, type or copy/paste the following commands. (Note the spaces in the commands)
    cd
    %userprofile%\desktop> PressENTER>powercfg
    -energy -output energyreport.html
    > Press
    ENTER.

Note: Wait until the command completes (usually about 2 minutes).
    This will create a file named
    energyreport.html and place it on your
    Desktop.

3. Open the file in your desktop> Scroll down to the
    Battery: Battery Information section.

You will see:

Design Capacity xxxxx

Last Full Charge xxxxx

(Where xxxxx is a number)

Copy this section and paste it in a reply here, for analysis.

If you are getting a message: Plugged in, not charging, follow the steps below:

• Turn off the computer > Remove everything that's connected to your computer.
    • Remove the battery > After 30 Seconds. Press and hold the Power Button on the laptop for 15 seconds.
    • Plug everything back into the computer.
    • Turn on the computer and check the results to see if the problem is resolved.

Keep us posted with the result.

Regile Reb, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Lewis_G Win User
    AMD R6 Graphics (Primary) Not Working After Windows 10 1903 update

I have a laptop with AMD A10-7300 with R6 graphics.

The graphics "AMD Radeon R6 Graphics" is not working after the Windows 10 1903 update.

The error message that I get is "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

The device works perfectly well in Windows 10 1809 and all previous windows 10 builds.

It doesn't create any issues when I rolled back the Windows 10 1903 update to Windows 10 1809.

When I scan for hardware changes in Device manager or if I try to install AMD Display drivers, the display goes black except the cursor.

Also tired clean installing windows 10 1903 using the ISO files but the same issue persists.

Lewis_G, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Lewis_G Win User

AMD R6 Graphics (Primary) Not Working After Windows 10 1903 update

Thanks for your quick reply.

I found the solution for this problem by trying various combinations.

The steps that I followed were:

1. Install Windows 10 1903 via the update assistant.
    2. Windows will alert that no drivers are installed for the AMD device on completion of installation of Windows 10 1903.
    3. Go to Device Manager
    4. Uninstall the device(For my case the R6 graphics, that had error code 43).
    5. Do not scan for hardware changes.
    6. Install AMD display driver (19.7.1 is the one I installed)

Note: The display remained black for 8minutes, in my case, while installing the AMD driver.

Done.

Lewis_G, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem with Windows 1809 update! Desktop composition and R6S! - Similar Threads - Problem 1809 update

2. how to update usb composite device-

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to update usb composite device-: i need to download it.. i think. I cant do it autmaticaly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-usb-composite-device/7d1adea4-f661-4a5a-b7be-4b70c4950ca1
  3. how to update usb composite device-

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to update usb composite device-: i need to download it.. i think. I cant do it autmaticaly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-usb-composite-device/7d1adea4-f661-4a5a-b7be-4b70c4950ca1
  4. Updating 1809 to 1909 Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updating 1809 to 1909 Problem: I have 10 gig space on C: Windows Drive and a 16 gig USB drive because update told me I needed it and I am still running out of space. I linked SoftwareDistribution folder to another drive to save space but WU creates a new folder "$Windows.~BT" and gobbles up almost 4 gig...
  5. Problem after updating to windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem after updating to windows 10 1809: So today my computer got updated from 1803 to 1809. But now I think I have a problem. So I have AVG installed as an anti virus product, and after the update windows defender is no longer saying that my protection is being managed by AVG, windows defender is now running, and...
  6. Windows 10 (1809) Remote Desktop problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 (1809) Remote Desktop problem: Hi, I am current using Group Policy Management 6.0.0.1 (Server 2012) which controlling Windows 7 computers. When I change pilot PC to Windows 10 (1809) with using same GPO, the Windows 10 PC can remote others (such as Windows 7 PC, Windows Servers, etc), but it failed from...
  7. Just updated windows 10 to 1809 with problems

Just updated windows 10 to 1809 with problems: Just updated windows 10 to 1809 and the most icons in the start menu are missing. Defender took over the PC rendering it useless as CPU % stayed at 100% for over an hour. I was able to modify task scheduler to stop the Antimalware Executable from hogging all CPU power. Any...
  8. Windows 10 update 1809 problem

Windows 10 update 1809 problem: My laptop just died after updating into the new rereleased Windows 10 update 1809... first the laptop couldn't enter after the logging process... blank screen appeared and personalized settings not responding... then after that it shut down by itself... and it restarted but...
  9. BSOD Mid R6S game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Mid R6S game: I got the bluescreen mid r6s game and it appears to have been caused by ntkrnlmp.exe. I would appreciate if somebody would give me some suggestions on how to fix this. DESKTOP-F8MQOCA-ke_17_10_2018_19_26_40,61.zip 120020
  10. Problems since update 1809

Problems since update 1809: Does anyone have the same problems ? Notification center : _ Notification center does not display history. _ During an alarm (clock for example) nothing happens except the notification icon of the task bar which changes to white color. Microsoft Edge : Edge does not shut...