Windows 10: Problem with Windows activation on Laptop after reset

Discus and support Problem with Windows activation on Laptop after reset in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I was using my Asus laptop with built in Windows 10 with no problems. It was able to activate itself after resets without any issues. Last week... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ali Demyr, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Ali Demyr Win User

Problem with Windows activation on Laptop after reset

Hello, I was using my Asus laptop with built in Windows 10 with no problems. It was able to activate itself after resets without any issues. Last week I did a reset and now I see Windows 10 home written on the lower right of my screen and I am not able to perform customizations as it asks me to activate Windows.

When I go to Update & security / Activation, troubleshoot does not solve my issue and I am stuck with error code 0x800040005 even with correctly working internet connection. I do not have a written key code for Windows anywhere on my laptop and I did not get a separate paper with the code. So I am not able to activate it manually by choosing 'Change product key' option either.

:)

Ali Demyr, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Clem Win User

Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Clem, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Paawan Win User
    Windows 10 activation problem after factory reset. Error 0xC004C003

Problem with Windows activation on Laptop after reset [​IMG]

See the windows is activated. And this is the screen which asks the product key. I can only skip this step if I boot from the dvd and select the clean install option.

"slmg /ato" returns Activating Windows core single language edition (a string of numbers and alphabets)
    Product activated successfully.

Paawan, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Paawan Win User

Windows 10 activation problem after factory reset. Error 0xC004C003

1) No,I did not confirm. But it came pre-installed with the laptop so would there be a need to activate it manually or it would come as activated only after the reset.
    2) I am sorry I couldn't make that clear enough. I mean I formatted the primary partition while installing windows not after.
    3) I did not confirm it but what I remember is that I used it for some days and the Activate Windows watermark never appeared. So can I assume that it was activated?
    And what should my next steps be? I am currently on the activated Windows 10.
    Thanks I really appreciate your help. Problem with Windows activation on Laptop after reset :)

Paawan, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem with Windows activation on Laptop after reset - Similar Threads - Problem activation Laptop

2. Windows Activation Error After reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation Error After reset my laptop: Hello, What should I do If my laptop prompt an error while activating it? I did login my Microsoft account but my laptop is not link, but I linked it during setting up after purchasing it to the store.I got the license key but when I put it and activate there was an error...
  3. Windows Activation Error After reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation Error After reset my laptop: Hello, What should I do If my laptop prompt an error while activating it? I did login my Microsoft account but my laptop is not link, but I linked it during setting up after purchasing it to the store.I got the license key but when I put it and activate there was an error...
  4. Windows Activation after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation after reset: Hello,I did a windows reset after bios problems on my Lenovo. I used a recovery disk from another laptop.After reset, windows cannot activate automatically. I don't have the original windows key as it is the version that came with the computer when i bought it.Thank you...
  5. Windows Activation after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation after reset: Hello,I did a windows reset after bios problems on my Lenovo. I used a recovery disk from another laptop.After reset, windows cannot activate automatically. I don't have the original windows key as it is the version that came with the computer when i bought it.Thank you...
  6. Windows 10 Activation problem after Windows Reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation problem after Windows Reset: Hi, I originally had a genuine Windows 7 Home on my PC, and when Windows 10 was launched I got the free upgrade and been running smoothly since then. Couple of days ago I did a Windows reset, and apparently with the latest update 20H2.I did NO changes to the hardware since...
  7. Laptop will not activate after windows 10 pro reset

Laptop will not activate after windows 10 pro reset: Hi, I have a three thousand dollar laptop that I bought for my personal use. I had trouble installing an M.2 ssd and so I reset windows 10 pro keeping my files. I also upgraded the bios to the latest version. Now windows 10 pro will not activate no matter what I do....
  8. Windows activation after reset

Windows activation after reset: Had to reset computer. Had Windows 10 from when free download was offered. After reset when attempting to activate Windows got and error message of 0xC004F012. I do not have the registration key from the first installation of Windows 10....
  9. activation after reset

activation after reset: My lenovo laptop came with windows 8.1 installed, i upgraded to 10 some time ago. I reset windows 10 for maintenance and now its asking me to activate. But the activation screen is blank. I need to join a private network urgently and I cant until I activate. Please advise or...
  10. Activation of windows after reset

Activation of windows after reset: I did reset my laptop last month and after reset it asked me for product key. I skipped and found that my Windows is no more activated. I changed my motherboard in June but it didn't create any issues with activation till I reset in December. I tried activation after hardware...