Windows 10: Problem with windows and alt key being pressed every 1 to 10 seconds

Discus and support Problem with windows and alt key being pressed every 1 to 10 seconds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, this post is very hard to type since on my laptop the windows and alt key are pressed randomly. I have tried to update my drivers, delete the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tim_Problems, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Problem with windows and alt key being pressed every 1 to 10 seconds

So, this post is very hard to type since on my laptop the windows and alt key are pressed randomly. I have tried to update my drivers, delete the drivers, turn off my wireless keyboard. It is, I think, a problem on software part. So I am really lost on how to fix this problem without having to reset my laptop.I use windows 10 Home, version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 The laptop I use is a Medion E3214 MD61700, the system is x64 basedThese is my processor information: IntelR CeleronR CPU N3450 @ 1.10GHz, 1101 Mhz, 4 Cores, 4 Logical Processors I really hope someone can help me because it is

:)

Tim_Problems, Aug 16, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 16, 2021
  3. Alt key not functioning after installation of Windows 10

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience as Alt key is not working on French keyboard after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might be due to drivers as they need to be updated.

Please some of the below troubleshooting steps and check if you are able to access keyboard:

Step 1: Uninstall keyboard driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right on the Keyboard driver
      and click on Uninstall.

Step 2: Update the driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right on the Keyboard driver
      and click on Scan for hardware changes.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 16, 2021
  4. Problem with windows and alt key being pressed every 1 to 10 seconds

Alt + 21 Numpad Key Not Working.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with Alt key shortcuts and
    in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• Are you aware of any changes in the PC prior to this issue?
    • How many keyboard layouts are installed on the PC?
    • Which application you are facing this issue?
    • Did you check if the Alt key is working in on-screen keyboard?

However, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Troubleshoot keyboard.

1. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Windows Settings.
    2. Select Updates & Security. Click on
      Troubleshoot from the left pane.
    3. Scroll the list and select Keyboard.
    4. Click on Run the Troubleshooter.
    5. Follow the on screen steps.

Method 2:
    Update the Keyboard driver.

Please update the Keyboard driver from the device manager, refer this article to update or reinstall the driver:

Update drivers in Windows 10

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 16, 2021
Thema:

Problem with windows and alt key being pressed every 1 to 10 seconds

1. Problem with windows and alt key being pressed every 1 to 10 seconds - Similar Threads - Problem alt key

2. Computer hangs up for a few seconds if the shift, ctrl, or alt key is pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer hangs up for a few seconds if the shift, ctrl, or alt key is pressed: My computer hangs up and closes any open app eg. notepad, explorer etc. if I press the shift, ctrl, or alt key even once. The problem occasionally goes away. I have checked the keyboard by swapping it out and the problem remains and also the issue remains with onscreen...
  3. Computer hangs up for a few seconds if the shift, ctrl, or alt key is pressed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer hangs up for a few seconds if the shift, ctrl, or alt key is pressed: My computer hangs up and closes any open app eg. notepad, explorer etc. if I press the shift, ctrl, or alt key even once. The problem occasionally goes away. I have checked the keyboard by swapping it out and the problem remains and also the issue remains with onscreen...
  4. Computer hangs up for a few seconds if the shift, ctrl, or alt key is pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Pressing-The-Space-Key-Shows-Alt-Key-Pressed-in-th e-OSK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing-The-Space-Key-Shows-Alt-Key-Pressed-in-th e-OSK: troubleshoot didn't detect anything, sticky and filter keys are on and I even tried to toggle them on then off, reinstalled keyboard drivers, hardware is fine, even tried to restore to a point before it happened...
  6. Pressing-The-Space-Key-Shows-Alt-Key-Pressed-in-th e-OSK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pressing-The-Space-Key-Shows-Alt-Key-Pressed-in-th e-OSK: troubleshoot didn't detect anything, sticky and filter keys are on and I even tried to toggle them on then off, reinstalled keyboard drivers, hardware is fine, even tried to restore to a point before it happened...
  7. The period. key is automatically being pressed on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The period. key is automatically being pressed on windows 10.: The period. key is automatically being pressed on windows 10. Many people have this issue with different keys nothing worked for me. Most people who had this issue it was at a time period of 30 minutes or so but I have it as quick as 5 minutes or as long as 20 minutes...
  8. Disable alt + 1 key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable alt + 1 key.: For some reasons, whenever I press alt + 1, it will hide all my desktop icons. How do i disable it? My laptop on the other hand doesn't have this issue. I've switched to another keyboard to test but issue persist. Please advise....
  9. Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  10. cannot press alt key with a number

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cannot press alt key with a number: i cannot press my alt key following a number in any programs, this includes a game where i need to press an alt key with a number for keybinding purposes, anyone know why this is or potential fixes. submitted by /u/leo14770 [link] [comments]...