Windows 10: problem with windows based script host

Discus and support problem with windows based script host in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I hope you can help me with this. So here's the problem: there are some files on my d: drive one folder shortcut and 4 pictures, all of which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Redmayn, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Redmayn Win User

problem with windows based script host

Hello, I hope you can help me with this. So here's the problem: there are some files on my d: drive one folder shortcut and 4 pictures, all of which I cannot open, everytime I delete them they come back after I refresh, no malware detected or recycle bin problem.

The shortcut said that the source folder is "wscript", so I go to task manager and I stop the windows based script host process, I go back to delete the files and they don't reappear after I hit refresh, but when I restart my laptop and the windows script starts running again, they reappear.

I don't know where to go from there, if anyone can help I would be most grateful, thank you for taking the time

:)

Redmayn, Jun 3, 2020

2. Windows Script Host

Hi Tiara,

The message "Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details" is usually occurring if a program that does not require the feature of Windows Script Host is running on a Windows PC. For us to provide an accurate
    solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Does the message appear when you are launching a specific application?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    in this thread.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Windows Script Host

Hi Boniface,

Windows Script Host provides your PC the scripting abilities like
    batch files, but Windows Script Host offers more features. You can enable
    Windows Script Host to stop 'Windows Script Host is disabled on this machine, contact your administrator for details'
    message by following these steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type regedit and press Enter to open the
      Registry Editor.
    • Navigate to this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings.
    • On the right panel, double-click Enabled and change the
      Value data to 1.
    • Save the changes and exit the Registry Editor.

Note: Do not modify other keys on the Registry without having enough knowledge about that registry key as it may cause some failures on your PC

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jun 3, 2020
  4. problem with windows based script host

Windows Script Host

Boniface Chisala, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

problem with windows based script host

1. problem with windows based script host - Similar Threads - problem based script

2. Microsoft Windows Based Script Host error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Windows Based Script Host error: I always have this annoying problem I don't know if it is malware it always pops up on my screen and if I click on yesoui it shows "can't access to the script".HOW CAN I SOLVE THIS PROBLEM?...
  3. Microsoft Windows Based Script Host error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows Based Script Host error: I always have this annoying problem I don't know if it is malware it always pops up on my screen and if I click on yesoui it shows "can't access to the script".HOW CAN I SOLVE THIS PROBLEM?...
  4. Microsoft Windows Based Script Host error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Script Host Startup Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Script Host Startup Problem: Hi,Could anyone please help. Everytime I start my Pc, this error pops upWindows Script HostScript:C\Users\Rain $1M\AppData\Local\Updates Run.vbsLine: 31Char: 1Error:The system cannot find the file specified.Code: 80070002Source: null...
  6. Windows Script Host Startup Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Script Host Startup Problem: Hi,Could anyone please help. Everytime I start my Pc, this error pops upWindows Script HostScript:C\Users\Rain $1M\AppData\Local\Updates Run.vbsLine: 31Char: 1Error:The system cannot find the file specified.Code: 80070002Source: null...
  7. Microsoft Windows Based Script Host Opening Alot of Instances

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows Based Script Host Opening Alot of Instances: Hi,I recently got infected with a trojan i thought i was able to get rid of but its been quiet until i stated to get multiple instances of "Microsoft Windows Based Script Host" opening in the background and consuming resources out of no where and making my computer sluggish...
  8. Microsoft Windows based script host process

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Windows based script host process: https://youtu.be/8E6OT_QcHaU After following the debloat guide in this video this process started running and it wasn't running before and it's caused by wsscript.exe. Is this because of the debloat scrip? It's not taking system resources but it is possible to stop it or just...
  9. microsoft console based script host

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft console based script host: I have a aplication that use a script, but, when i try do run, but doesn´t do nothing. The icon apear in the task bare, but does do anything. Can you help me please Nádia Ruivo...
  10. Windows Script Host Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Script Host Problem: Whenever I start my system it always show this annoying message; Windows Script Host There is no script specified It started with Windows 7 and continues after Windows 10 upgrade. HowcanIget rid of this?...