Windows 10: Problem with windows boot manager

Discus and support Problem with windows boot manager in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have installed windows on dual boot . One on SSD and one on HDD .I have deleted the windows partition on HDD and accidentally removed SSD boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by praveengopireddy, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Problem with windows boot manager

I have installed windows on dual boot . One on SSD and one on HDD .I have deleted the windows partition on HDD and accidentally removed SSD boot manager in BIOS .I can still boot into windows on SSD with HDD boot manager . Now i would like to format my hard disk . could someone please help recover or add the windows boot manager to SSD.

:)

praveengopireddy, Jun 27, 2021

2. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jun 27, 2021
  3. Problem with Master Boot Record / Windows Boot Manager

Hi Ver0s,

My name is Erik. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Kindly try to change system properties to enable or disable Windows Boot Manager. Here are the steps for you.if this will not work go to CMD

Step 1: Open the Run dialog window by pressing Win plus R keys.

Step 2: Type sysdm.cpl and click OK to continue.

Step 3: When the System Properties window pops up, choose the Advanced option. Then click on the Settings under the Startup and Recovery option.

Step 4: In the pop-up window, select the Time to display list of operating systems box and set the time value. After that, click OK to save the changes.

Step 5: If you want to disable BOOTMGR, cancel Time to display list of operating systems box or set the time value as 0 and click OK to finish the operation.

2nd Options

Try to enable/disable Windows boot manager. Used CMD

Step 1: Type cmd in the search box, and then right-click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.

Step 2: Type the following commands in the Prompt and hit the Enter key after typing each one command.

bcdedit / set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes

bcdedit / set {bootmgr} timeout 30

Tip: The timeout decides the time of the boot manager displayed. You are able to specify the timeout value in seconds based on your requirement.

Step 3: If you want to disable Windows Boot Manager, you need to type bcdedit / set {bootmgr} timeout 0 and hit Enter.

Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Erik

Independent Advisor

EriksonBautista24, Jun 27, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Problem with windows boot manager

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

Problem with windows boot manager

1. Problem with windows boot manager - Similar Threads - Problem boot manager

2. Windows boot manager problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot manager problem: Hi, So about 3 weeks ago I did the update from win10 to win11, but I had to convert C: drive from MBR to GPT I did it with the MBR2GPT command. Since then, I was able to enable UEFI mode in BIOS but my boot drive went from M.2 Samsung evo 2 wich is my C: drive to Windows boot...
  3. Windows boot manager problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows boot manager problem: Hi, So about 3 weeks ago I did the update from win10 to win11, but I had to convert C: drive from MBR to GPT I did it with the MBR2GPT command. Since then, I was able to enable UEFI mode in BIOS but my boot drive went from M.2 Samsung evo 2 wich is my C: drive to Windows boot...
  4. BIOS/Boot manager problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BIOS/Boot manager problem: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zoenvisje [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jj6mb8/biosboot_manager_problem/
  5. Problem with Master Boot Record / Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with Master Boot Record / Windows Boot Manager: Hi, Today i was casually using my PC, when suddenly my screen freezed and I got the BSOD. Shortly after that the computer rebooted itself and instead of normally booting it displayed a message saying that I have to instert the proper boot device. I googled a bit and thought...
  6. Boot manager problem - failure to boot - bcdedit error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot manager problem - failure to boot - bcdedit error: The machine is MSI Titan GT80 SLI running Windows 10 1903. It has 4 SSD disks, two PCIe and 2 SATA. I am only concerned about the PCIe SSD (2280 format). Here is the layout, it's disk 0 and disk 1 that are relevant. [ATTACH] Disk 0 boots just fine. I cloned the disk 0 to...
  7. Boot manager problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot manager problem: How can I solve it? Every time when I start my laptop the below setting appear on my screen. And after pressing enter button my windows turn on. I don't want this interruption. I have tried to solve it lots of time but I have failed. Need some technical support.[IMG]...
  8. windows boot manager problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows boot manager problem: Hi! I actually have 2 problems that i might need help with. 1st - I have an internal HDD where i just keep my old files, suddenly it stopped working and it hangs my computer whenever i try to access it. It gets read by the Bios and "this pc" but when you try to click it to...
  9. Problem with booting after partition management

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with booting after partition management: Basically what I was doing is simply creating another partition for my hard drive, using Disk Management. The next thing I know: the program crashes completely, I just kill it with task manager. Then I restart a few hours later, and this is what I see: [img] I tried...
  10. Problems with Windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Windows boot manager: I recently got an Intel Broadwell NUC and installed Windows 10 (build 10162) into it. I then added a Sandisk USB3.0 flash drive into which I had installed OpenELEC (a portable KODI OS if you will). I can access OpenELEC via NUC's boot manager/BIOS but that's pretty clumsy...