Windows 10: Problem with Windows Defender definitions in Windows Vista

Discus and support Problem with Windows Defender definitions in Windows Vista in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello: I have windows defender in my Win. Vista premium 32 bit and when I try get the latest virus definitions, the option is turned off in Defender.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jimcrich, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Jimcrich Win User

Problem with Windows Defender definitions in Windows Vista

Hello:

I have windows defender in my Win. Vista premium 32 bit and when I try get the latest virus definitions, the option is turned off in Defender. Is this normal or is something wrong with Win. Defender which means I might have to import another anti-virus app.?

thank you

jim

[Original Title: Windows Defender definitions]

:)

Jimcrich, Dec 23, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Conti027 Win User
    The Register makes a solid list of reasons to upgrade to Windows Vista

i love my Vista i have yet to have a problem do it does slow down my gaming a bit and the only problem i have with that list is the UAC i hate that thing and the new little Windows Defender it nice and really works *Smile Problem with Windows Defender definitions in Windows Vista :)

Conti027, Dec 23, 2020
  4. FredWall Win User

Windows Defender Definition Updates.

Thank you Elba for the prompt reply. However, there is a problem: In "Control Panel" under the "Programs and Features" page > "View Installed Updates" the " Windows Defender Definition Updates" are NOT listed. Consequently, I cannot delete/uninstall them.
    The same thing happens when I use "Settings" >" Updates & Security" > "View Update History". Here the Definition Updates are all listed but I can't uninstall them either. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again, Fred

FredWall, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem with Windows Defender definitions in Windows Vista - Similar Threads - Problem Defender definitions

2. Windows Defender Definition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Defender Definition: Does Windows Defender having the latest definition with newly purchased Windows licenses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-definition/525c1f46-bb3f-400e-ad5e-9a1237512d81
  3. Windows Defender Definition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Definition: Does Windows Defender having the latest definition with newly purchased Windows licenses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-definition/525c1f46-bb3f-400e-ad5e-9a1237512d81
  4. Windows Defender Definition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender definitions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender definitions: Hello: I have windows defender in my Win. Vista premium 32 bit and when I try get the latest virus definitions, the option is turned off in Defender. Is this normal or is something wrong with Win. Defender which means I might have to import another anti-virus app.? thank...
  6. windows defender virus definition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows defender virus definition: Have upate from windows 7 to windows 10. When trying to update my Virus and spyware definitions it shows me internet or network security problems. However all other windows updates are working fine, except for which i suspect is part of the problem the following. Security...
  7. Windows Defender Definition Updates

Windows Defender Definition Updates: I have a Toshiba Satellite P875-S7200 & also a Dell Inspiron17 (series 5000). Both computers have Windows 10 64-bit. The Toshiba has version 1809 on it and the Dell has version 1803 on it. On both computers all updates seem to install without issue except the Windows...
  8. Windows Defender definition updates ...

Windows Defender definition updates ...: Is there a problem with the Defender updates? As I keep running the update app and there have been no updates today (01/05/2019). The last update was yesterday (30/04/2019) it was - Definition 1.293.527.0...
  9. windows defender definition file

windows defender definition file: Why it's not readable after download definition files for windows defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-definition-file/9cf9179e-828b-4cb8-b4a6-4c2d7068df0e
  10. Windows Defender definition updates

Windows Defender definition updates: Has anyone else noticed that the size of the daily definition download has dramatically increased? Prior to FCU the average size for me was under 1mb, now it has balloned to just under 30mb. This is of course downloading via Windows Update.Is this some kind of unusual quirk...