Windows 10: Problem with windows defender jams halfway though full scan in windows 10 1903.

Discus and support Problem with windows defender jams halfway though full scan in windows 10 1903. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, have started to have the following problem with windows defender, when doing a full scan halfway though the scan it jams and locks up and gets... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MATTHEW60, Jun 14, 2020.

1. MATTHEW60 Win User

Problem with windows defender jams halfway though full scan in windows 10 1903.

Hello,

have started to have the following problem with windows defender, when doing a full scan halfway though the scan it jams and locks up and gets stuck, and the only way to to fix the problem is I have to hold the power button down to switch my laptop off and then switch my laptop back on and the problem is gone till the next time I do a full scan.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Matthew

:)

MATTHEW60, Jun 14, 2020
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem with windows defender jams halfway though full scan in windows 10 1903. - Similar Threads - Problem defender jams

2. Full Scan in Windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Full Scan in Windows defender: I started a full scan in windows defender.It showing around 30 hours remaining. I actually wanted my system to shutdown.Will the scan be paused if i shutdown my pc or lost all the scan till now?...
  3. Full Scan in Windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full Scan in Windows defender: I started a full scan in windows defender.It showing around 30 hours remaining. I actually wanted my system to shutdown.Will the scan be paused if i shutdown my pc or lost all the scan till now?...
  4. Full Scan in Windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender Full Scan Problem

Windows Defender Full Scan Problem: HI,When I try to full scan using defender it always stuck at 50%. Today I clean install windows 11 No other software or files , still same...the problem is only with FULL scanMy laptop spec - I3 10 Gen, 256NVME, 8gb RAM.Thanx.......
  6. Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan: I'm on Windows 10, 2004. When I run a quick antivirus quick scan using the built-in Windows Defender, it works and returns zero threats. If I run a full scan from the settings UI, it will run for about 25 minutes, then the antivirus background service either stops or crashes,...
  7. Defenders Full Scan

Defenders Full Scan: I decided to do a full scan of my computer to see if everything was alright and it's been hours since then. It's still continuing to scan my files and the time remaining went down at first but now it's increasing instead of decreasing. I don't know why and I'm wondering if I...
  8. scheduling Windows Defender full scan: problems and questions

scheduling Windows Defender full scan: problems and questions: I have a new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit laptop that I am configuring. I am coming from a Windows 7 desktop. Much has changed. For its malware defense, I am using Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium. Scheduling Malwarebytes to scan at a certain time of day is trivial, but...
  9. Full Scan with Defender

Full Scan with Defender: I know how to select full scan, but have no idea how to start the full scan. HELP Please 129441
  10. Defender: no Full Scan

Defender: no Full Scan: Windows Defender tells me no action is needed. But when I use "Run a new advanced scan" nothing happens. No dialog to choose option for Full Scan. Terry, East Grinstead, UK Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.167)...