Windows 10: Problem with windows defender not copying files

Discus and support Problem with windows defender not copying files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello i needed to copy a very large number of various files from one partition to another, but windows defender kept interrupting sting it wouldn’t... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by reddwarf4ever, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Problem with windows defender not copying files

Hello

i needed to copy a very large number of various files from one partition to another, but windows defender kept interrupting sting it wouldn’t copy the file as it may contain something harmful / virus......not sure if it deleted the files or not, hopefully not.....none of the files should raise any suspicion....went into GPEDIT and disabled every permission I could see to disable Defender......I do have a registry key ( from ten forum some time ago ) which I ran, but didn’t seem to stop it. Will need to reboot and see if it’s now cured, but in case it’s not. Is there a really good batch file maybe that disables everything possible with windows defender, I hate it that it prevents a file being copied, with no option to override & allow it. Next idea is to try in safe mode, assuming it doesn’t run in safe mode.......

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Jan 12, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Problem with windows defender not copying files

Delicieuxz, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Problem with windows defender not copying files

1. Problem with windows defender not copying files - Similar Threads - Problem defender copying

2. Files copying problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files copying problem: i am copying data from my PC to SSD, copying showing files are copying but after compleation of process; files not showed in SSD. same problem with copying data from SSD and USB flash drive....
  3. Files copying problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files copying problem: i am copying data from my PC to SSD, copying showing files are copying but after compleation of process; files not showed in SSD. same problem with copying data from SSD and USB flash drive....
  4. Files copying problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. quickassist copy files problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    quickassist copy files problem: Hello, I have sometimes a problem after establish a quickassist full control connection. I want to give assist and have to copy some files to remote computer. The user on remote computer has admin rights. On some computers I can copy files to remote computer but on other...
  6. Problem scanning certain files with windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem scanning certain files with windows defender: Hello My windows defender has started having errors that stop working, stops and cannot be restarted, unless you start it from services.msc. Yesterday the antivirus was working fine, today I have updated to April 14, 2020 — KB4549951 cumulative update. I have applied the...
  7. File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer

File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer: With Win7 support gone, I finally got 2 Win10 x64 Pro v1909 machines up and running. Like so many other Win10 users, I have struggled to get network sharing to work. I have Googled, read and followed countless procedures and suggestions over the past few weeks, ad nauseam....
  8. Windows Defender slow copy performance with small files to SMB share

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender slow copy performance with small files to SMB share: I tried to add the SMB target (drive m:) to the exclusions, but it does not help. Copying 2000 small files is only possible with 3-8MB/s: [ATTACH] If I disable the real-time-scan its more than 40MB/s: [ATTACH] Why does the exclusion not work and why does Defender scan...
  9. problem with copying files

problem with copying files: when i copy files with the same name in windows 10 to my phone why dont i see an option to 'compare both files'? instead it is just 2 options - 'copy and replace' or 'skip'...
  10. Weird issue copying files with Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird issue copying files with Windows Defender: Hello. I am posting this thread here because it's not related to security at all. I formatted a somewhat old Toshiba Satellite laptop yesterday (2GB RAM, w10 x86 pro 17134.376). Everything running smooth and such. But then I went to put user's personal files back (44GB...