Windows 10: Problem with Windows Explorer last used folder...

Discus and support Problem with Windows Explorer last used folder... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I download files and images all the time from a web browser but it always defaults to the "save to" folder in Chrome. Chrome will not except an empty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BiggyJ, Feb 14, 2019.

1. BiggyJ Win User

Problem with Windows Explorer last used folder...

I download files and images all the time from a web browser but it always defaults to the "save to" folder in Chrome. Chrome will not except an empty field in the settings “save to” field. Even when ask where to save files to is checked.

My problem is that I am always creating new folders and it is a pain in the ass to always have to browse to where I want to download to. Sometimes these folders are 3-4 levels deep. And when you are downloading say... 20-30 files, It's a royal pain.

So, I need to be able to get Windows 10 setup so I can have it open to the last used folder anytime I do a right click to save a file from the web.

None of the recent file or folder settings apply to this.

I tried EYplorer and it will not do this.

Thanks,
    John

:)

BiggyJ, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Feb 14, 2019
  4. jsmin Win User

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Problem with Windows Explorer last used folder... - Similar Threads - Problem Explorer last

2. Problem renaming folders in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem renaming folders in Windows Explorer: I am using Windows File Explorer, Windows 10 Pro on a PC. I am trying to add a new sub-folder to an existing folder. As I type the sub-folder name it exits, leaving only one or 2 characters of the name. If I try to rename, the legacy text flashes blue so I can't overtype it....
  3. Problem renaming folders in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem renaming folders in Windows Explorer: I am using Windows File Explorer, Windows 10 Pro on a PC. I am trying to add a new sub-folder to an existing folder. As I type the sub-folder name it exits, leaving only one or 2 characters of the name. If I try to rename, the legacy text flashes blue so I can't overtype it....
  4. Problem renaming folders in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't use the search in folders after last windows update.

Can't use the search in folders after last windows update.: After the last windows update I've been unable to use the search in the folders. Sometime it would work sometimes it doesn't and when it does, it doesn't do the search automatically, I have to now press enter to start it. can anyone help me in sorting this out. Thanks...
  6. Problems using Windows Explorer

Problems using Windows Explorer: Hi folks, I am running Windows 10 and have an issue with Windows Explorer. First, whenever I open a folder, it takes a long time (endless, it seems) for the icons to load their thumbnails (that green bar that rolls across the top keeps going and going). But the main...
  7. Problem with use folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with use folder: I've recently updated my laptop and when the update was completed it had changed everything on my computer back to the default when I first bought it. However all the original files are still in the User folder marked with the correct name but that is not the folder my...
  8. Problem with the Downloads folder in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with the Downloads folder in Explorer: Hi, I have a persistent issue with the Downloads folder in Windows Explorer. I used a program called Winaero Tweaker to re-organize the left-hand side pane in Windows Explorer. To test it out I chose the option to remove the Downloads folder, and then put it back quickly...
  9. Get Win10 File Explorer to open in last used folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Get Win10 File Explorer to open in last used folder: How do I get File Explorer to open in the last used folder? NOT quick access, just in the normal list of directories. (file folders) I hate 'quick access', it slows everything down so much and makes all other folders invisible - I just want the normal file list visible and...
  10. Explorer Bug, Last used folders missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Bug, Last used folders missing: ​Usually, when you right-clock the "file explorer" all the last used folders are showing on-top of it (right circle on image/​attachment), I thought ihe bug would just go away but after 1 week it's annoying as ever Anyone knows how to fix this?? 23829