Windows 10: Problem with Windows Hello Timeout

Discus and support Problem with Windows Hello Timeout in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a new laptop and thought I'd use Windows Hello Face Recognition with it. Bad move. Windows Hello is checking to see if I'm in front of the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Klamerus, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Klamerus Win User

Problem with Windows Hello Timeout

I have a new laptop and thought I'd use Windows Hello Face Recognition with it.

Bad move.

Windows Hello is checking to see if I'm in front of the computer and in perhaps a minute's time of not seeing me is locking the laptop requiring me to do a new logon. This is nothing to do with the normal lock screen timeout which is set to 10 minutes. It's Windows hello specifically not seeing me and deciding to lock up.

This is very frustrating and ridiculous. I use an external monitor/keyboard/mouse and my laptop is to my right. I don't face it. So, if I get up to pick up a drink from the other room takes about a minute and come back or if I roll my chair over to get something out of a cabinet and take too long I then have to swivel around to get my face back in front of the laptop.

Seems this should have a setting of some sort so that it locks after a reasonable period of time of seeing nothing in front of the laptop. Poor design decision. Very Apple-esque.

:)

Klamerus, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Apr 9, 2021
  3. How to extend or eliminate the timeout at sign in on an Acer Windows

Hi Lori,

To address your concern, we suggest that you adjust your screen timeout setting. It helps you set the time on how long before the screen will be locked due to inactivity.

You can follow the steps below on how to set your screen timeout:

1. Right-click on the Desktop, then choose Personalize.

2. Click Lock screen found on the left pane.

3. Click Screen timeout settings at the bottom part of the page.

4. Choose your preferred screen timeout on the drop down list under Screen.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Apr 9, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Problem with Windows Hello Timeout - Similar Threads - Problem Hello Timeout

2. Windows Hello problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello problem: Here's the issue. On Wednesday night I decided to enable Windows Hello. For some reason, I didn't bother to note down my PIN, and so after not using my PC for 2 days, I then forgot it. So now every time I login to my PC I have to click "I forgot my PIN" to sign in, and when I...
  3. Problem with Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with Windows Hello: Hi, my name is Tim, and I'm trying to install a fingerprint scanner so that I can log on to Windows 10 using my fingerprint. I had previously used a poor quality fingerprint scanner with success, but after having a bunch of problems installing the correct driver, and finally...
  4. Problem with windows hello.

Problem with windows hello.: Hi, I am facing some problems with windows hello, Due to some problems I downloaded a new image of windows 10 but after installation when I set up windows hello pin now it no mores gives the option for signing in with password, earlier it used to give both the options for...
  5. Set timeout for Windows Hello camera face search

Set timeout for Windows Hello camera face search: Is it possible to set timeout for Windows Hello camera search when camera blinks and searches for face? I am using multiple monitor at different heights and levels with the laptop and it causes additional time to look to laptop IR camera. Having that I sometimes don't look at...
  6. Set timeout for Windows Hello camera search

Set timeout for Windows Hello camera search: Is it possible to set timeout for Windows Hello camera search when camera blinks and searches for face? I am using multiple monitor at different heights and levels with the laptop and it causes additional time to look to laptop IR camera. Having that I sometimes don't look at...
  7. How to solve this timeout problem?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to solve this timeout problem?: When I executed a program, it crashed and I view the event log and I found that "A timeout was reached 30000 milliseconds while waiting for the Sync Host_7c37d62 service to connect." and "A timeout was reached 30000 milliseconds while waiting for the Connected Devices...
  8. lockscreen timeout problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    lockscreen timeout problem.: So the problem started when I wanted to change lockscreen from windows spotlight to pictures. I accidentally enabled lock the screen. So now windows locks after around 30 seconds and goes to screen saver. I changed console lock display off timeout to 10 minutes but It still...
  9. Windows Hello camera timeout

Windows Hello camera timeout: This post piggybacks this one I found from a while back: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-stopped-defaulting-to-camera/46766739-78f0-4ebd-927d-12a21f7c162f I have a desktop with a third-party Windows Hello compatible camera. I cannot, for...
  10. Windows Hello Problems

Windows Hello Problems: I am currently having problems with the fingerprint scanner on my Lenovo Yoga 720-13IKB 2-in-1 laptop. Though the driver has been checked and reset, and different settings checked, I cannot seem to be able to use the fingerprint scanner. I am usually quite patient, but this...