Windows 10: Problem with windows host process rundll

Discus and support Problem with windows host process rundll in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; its a few days that I get high cpu usage because of windows host process rundll, it automatically starts and about 4 - 6 instances of it run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by UmaidUmmar, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Problem with windows host process rundll

its a few days that I get high cpu usage because of windows host process rundll, it automatically starts and about 4 - 6 instances of it run simultaneously in the task managers windows 10, I recover my laptop to its original state but still i got the same problem.

:)

UmaidUmmar, Nov 10, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

rundll memory error

Hi Ole,

Rundll is just a host task for other processes to run on in Windows, a lot of malware uses Rundll to run without being seen . . .

You need to work out what process (exe, dll . . .etc.) is actuallyrunning on RunDll

Download the free utility - Process Explorer from the link below, using that you will be able to see the location of the actual file running on Rundll32.exe

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/d...

DaveM121, Nov 10, 2018
  3. mjconlon Win User
    Internet Explorer Security warning box and getting "Windows host process (Rundll 32)] & identifies the Publisher as [Microsoft Windows}".

Original Title: Internet Explorer Security warning box

Immediately after an automatic Windows update I started receiving an Internet Explorer security warning box which I am having trouble removing. It names [Windows host process (Rundll 32)] & identifies the Publisher as [Microsoft Windows]. How do I fix this?

John

mjconlon, Nov 10, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Problem with windows host process rundll

RunDLL error?

This is caused by an entry in your Startup processes, look through your startup for anything referring to rundll and remove it:

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together to open Task Manager
    • On the Startup Tab look for anything relating to rundll
    • If you find something related, select it and click 'Disable'
    If you did not find it there:

• Press Windows + R keys together to open the Run Dialog
    • Type msconfig in the run dialog and hit enter
    • Click on the Services Tab of the resulting dialog
    • Check the box marked 'Hide all Microsoft Services'
    • Look for anything relating to rundll
    • If you find it, uncheck it
    • Click Apply and Reboot

DaveM121, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Problem with windows host process rundll

1. Problem with windows host process rundll - Similar Threads - Problem host process

2. Windows Host Process Rundll 32 pops up after i download an application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Host Process Rundll 32 pops up after i download an application: this has never happened to me again. but installed an app, from an original site, famous game, but when i downloaded it, one window popped up saying “do u want this app to make changes to your device?: “ Windows Host Process Rundll32 . After some minutes around 5 it...
  3. Windows Host Process Rundll 32 pops up after i download an application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Host Process Rundll 32 pops up after i download an application: this has never happened to me again. but installed an app, from an original site, famous game, but when i downloaded it, one window popped up saying “do u want this app to make changes to your device?: “ Windows Host Process Rundll32 . After some minutes around 5 it...
  4. RunDLL There was a problem starting

RunDLL There was a problem starting: RunDLLThere was a problem startingC:\PROGRA~3\NETWOR~1\KOUDES~1\KACWS_~1.DLLThe specified module cloud not be found.I've tried various ways but to no avail. please i need help...
  5. RunDLL There was a problem starting

in Windows 10 Customization
    RunDLL There was a problem starting: RunDLLThere was a problem startingC:\PROGRA~3\NETWOR~1\KOUDES~1\KACWS_~1.DLLThe specified module cloud not be found.I've tried various ways but to no avail. please i need help...
  6. RunDLL Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RunDLL Problem: Greetings!Several weeks ago I happen to stumble upon this error message:As I looked into it, I thought it was a form of residue from my Windows Defender deleting a certain malware with the following path:C:\Users\Gabriel...
  7. RunDLL Problem

RunDLL Problem: Greetings!Several weeks ago I happen to stumble upon this error message:As I looked into it, I thought it was a form of residue from my Windows Defender deleting a certain malware with the following path:C:\Users\Gabriel...
  8. RunDLL Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. RunDLL Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RunDLL Problem: [ATTACH] Hey guys, Today I started my laptop and I had this message popping out. Do you know what may have caused this and how to fix it? https://preview.redd.it/4jxy0bdsuh361.png?width=511&format=png&auto=webp&s=a9360b5093e9ff7a9788a75eabefcfdeb52adc7e submitted...
  10. host processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    host processes: In the last few days Windows has been getting slower. It took 20 minutes this morning to load. Task manager is showing about 40 or more host processes running taking up about half my RAM and up to 50% CPU usage. How can I get rid of all these local processes?...