Windows 10: Problem with Windows Installer

Discus and support Problem with Windows Installer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a quite new pc with Windows 10 (Home 64 bit). After some time, Windows Installer stopped working. Installing many applications (eg.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by anonim321, Nov 6, 2018.

1. anonim321 Win User

Problem with Windows Installer

Hello,

I have a quite new pc with Windows 10 (Home 64 bit). After some time, Windows Installer stopped working. Installing many applications (eg. Java) throws error 1601. After searching the forum and official Microsoft sites, I found that Windows Installer is (for some reason) turned off. Indeed, in services.msc Windows Installer is 'not run'. Clicking 'run' shows error 1053: 'service does not react for the signal' (loose translations). Similarly, after 'net start msiserver' in cmd I see 'Service does not react' (net helpmsg 2186).

No, I did not update the system around the time when the service stopped working. However I updated the system after the problem occured, but it didn't fix the problem.

I thought that the problem might be with some system data, eg lost/damaged system file. So I scanned the disc drive for damaged sectors, but it has not found anything. So I ran the scan of Windows files via 'DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth' and 'sfc /scannow', as I found on Microsoft webpage. It found some corrupt files and replaced them. After rebooting Windows, I found that the installer stil threw the same errors. So I repeated the process and it didn't find anything wrong in the filesystem.

Brought to the edge, I contacted Microsoft Official Service (via online chat). I carefully described what is the problem and what actions I have performed. They asked me to perform a clean boot. I did so, and nothing has changed. Microsoft Service gained remote access to my computer. After seeing for their own all the errors I have described above, they started downloading iso Windows image. Well... reinstalling Windows is always a good solution, right? Something happened with the connection and we were disconnected, but I did not contact them later, since it made no sense. I downloaded the iso myself and reinstalled windows with 'Keep personal apps and files' option. This was the ultimate solution that couldn't fail. And... it failed. Windows Installer still threw the same errors!

Does anyone have any idea about what's going on? I suspect, that some apps has failed, but well, I am unable to uninstall apps in a usual way, so I started uinstalling all redundant and unnecessary apps using microsoft tool, starting with all .net apps, since in my opinion these are the only ones I think may somehow block Windows Installer. And... still same bunch of errors.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

:)

anonim321, Nov 6, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Problem with Windows Installer

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Problem with Windows Installer

1. Problem with Windows Installer - Similar Threads - Problem Installer

2. Problems after installing KB5035853

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems after installing KB5035853: After installing KB5035853 my display does not turn anymore off when PC is idle.Furthermore, the power and drive LEDs only show for a short moment when the PC is powered on, else they are off.Any clues?Br, Helge Scheving...
  3. Problems after installing KB5035853

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems after installing KB5035853: After installing KB5035853 my display does not turn anymore off when PC is idle.Furthermore, the power and drive LEDs only show for a short moment when the PC is powered on, else they are off.Any clues?Br, Helge Scheving...
  4. Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem: Hi all, I acquired a new laptop about 6 months ago and want to add Win10 as a dual boot option but I keep hitting a point where I need a little clarity but have not been able to find any discussion on the subject.I follow all the instructions set out in this and other...
  5. Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem

Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem: Hi all, I acquired a new laptop about 6 months ago and want to add Win10 as a dual boot option but I keep hitting a point where I need a little clarity but have not been able to find any discussion on the subject.I follow all the instructions set out in this and other...
  6. Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. "MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.: I encountered this problem when trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 to my Dell Latitude 7430 laptop today, please see all three attached pictures. From what I can gather from google it looks like it could have something to do with the "Boot Sequence" or "Boot Mode" of the...
  8. "MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.

"MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.: I encountered this problem when trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 to my Dell Latitude 7430 laptop today, please see all three attached pictures. From what I can gather from google it looks like it could have something to do with the "Boot Sequence" or "Boot Mode" of the...
  9. Hello, i have a problem, i cant install any appx files, when i try install appx, app...

Hello, i have a problem, i cant install any appx files, when i try install appx, app...: Here the screenshots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-i-cant-install-any-appx/29913b79-e6dd-4215-b357-ed93401993e0
  10. Hello, i have a problem, i cant install any appx files, when i try install appx, app...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hello, i have a problem, i cant install any appx files, when i try install appx, app...: Here the screenshots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-i-cant-install-any-appx/29913b79-e6dd-4215-b357-ed93401993e0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem with windows installer on windows 10 64 BT