Windows 10: Problem with Windows Media Player stopped loading.

Discus and support Problem with Windows Media Player stopped loading. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have set Windows Media Player as the default player for .mp3but have a problem that although WMP is on the start menu when I double clickon it or its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by scopio, Feb 23, 2016.

1. scopio Win User

Problem with Windows Media Player stopped loading.

I have set Windows Media Player as the default player for .mp3but have a problem that although WMP is on the start menu when I double clickon it or its shortcut it will just flicker and not load.
    I have tried different ways to play the .mp3 files by rightclicking on a file and open it but get an error message as shown below.
    How can I get WMP to load as it seems to be corrupted?

Problem with Windows Media Player stopped loading. [​IMG]

Problem with Windows Media Player stopped loading. [​IMG]

:)

scopio, Feb 23, 2016
  2. ellerbee Win User

Windows 10 Media Player

This doesn't work. Windows Media Player was working fine in Windows 10; then, it just stopped working. It tries to load but never opens.

ellerbee, Feb 23, 2016
  3. jcraig009 Win User
    Windows Media Player not working in Windows 10

Original Title: Windows Media Player

I updated my Lenovo PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In doing so, the version of Windows Media Player stopped being able to read anything inserted into the Memory Card reader of the PC. It used to work fine under Windows 7, but with the upgrade, it no
    longer can see the drive at all. Have re-loaded Media Player since but no change in performance. Any suggestions?

jcraig009, Feb 23, 2016
  4. PJLLB Win User

I had an issue with WMP that was solved by removing it from the Windows Features/Media features (unchecking the box seen in your post), restarting, and then re-enabling it, and then restarting. When I then launched WMP it rebuilt its music library and everything worked correctly. You might give this process a try.

PJLLB, Feb 23, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    If all suggestions fail to solve the issue, install VLC player.
    It is free.
    It can play DVDs as well ( WMP cannot.)
    It does NOT have the codecs restrictions like WMP has. It plays almost all types of formats.
    It is well known and widely used.

Download official VLC media player for Windows - VideoLAN

davidhk, Feb 23, 2016
  6. scopio Win User
    Thanks I will try to uninstall it and reinstall it as you suggest. Thank you.

scopio, Feb 23, 2016
  7. scopio Win User
    Thanks for you suggestion. I already have VLC installed.

scopio, Feb 23, 2016
  8. scopio Win User

I tried uninstalling and re-installing WMP as you suggested but it didn't work for me probably because the problem must have been with Windows itself so I had to restore from an image backup and all went well and got WMP working again. Anyway thanks again for your input.

scopio, Feb 24, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    System image backup and system restore are 2 valuable programs.
    They save my rear end countless times.
    Thank you for posting the solution.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem with Windows Media Player stopped loading. - Similar Threads - Problem Media Player

2. Windows media player problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows media player problems: For several weeks Windows media player hasn't opened properly - just a blank window that will not close or minimise. Eventually I looked up help. I tried troubleshooter - no good. I then tried the disable/restart/re-enable option in "features" and that didn't make any...
  3. Windows Media Player problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Media Player problem: I was trying to use Windows Media Player and a window kept coming up about running a diagnostic. I never clicked it. Now, it just won't work. You click the icon and nothing happens. Is there a way to fix it or reload it? submitted by /u/ConcentricGroove [link] [comments]...
  4. Windows Media Player Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Problem: When I play mp4 videos in Windows Media Player it often plays them at a slow speed or freezes and when I attempt to close it down, it won't respond unless I do so more than once. Is it because of the type of file? The size of the file doesn't seem to matter. Is this a common...
  5. Windows Media Player problems

Windows Media Player problems: Hi guys, I keep getting errors in Windows Media Player (WMP). To be more specific, slow start, then hangs & after 15 secs or so I can use it, with no problems. But the Windows Problem Solver/Troubleshooter says that my Settings are corrupt & the other one says my Library is...
  6. windows media player problems.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows media player problems.: Hi.i,m trying to find solutions to 2) problems on WMP and contact us, led me to Community. As an oap i struggle to understand/learn all the new words for everything, it,s like a foreign language so i write old way and would appreciate any help/assistance with the following...
  7. Windows media player problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows media player problem: Hello, I ripped an audio book on CD. I see it there under This PC, MUSIC. Now, I cannot find it in Windows media player. How do I get Windows Media player to recognize these files ? Thank you, Richard...
  8. Windows Media Player problem

Windows Media Player problem: I am trying to burn an audio music cd with windows 10. Playlist is entered, a new writable cd is installed and my new disk is not recognized as being installed. What can I do?...
  9. Problem with Windows Media Player

Problem with Windows Media Player: I used to be on windows 10 pro version 1709, but I decided to update to 1803 (OS Build 17134.191), and after I did, I updated my Shark007 Codecs (Advanced Version/32 to 64-Bit bundle) to version 10.4.1 Normally when I update, I have no problems at all, so I doubted I would...
  10. window media player problem

window media player problem: i am having trouble out of window media player it will download the songs but won't finalized the cd the cd won't play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/window-media-player-problem/448537f5-36dc-46c7-9d28-0629cd923332