Windows 10: problem with windows media player

Discus and support problem with windows media player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It seems my media player is corrupted since a previous update. It will not play videos without looking like Dr Timothy Leary made them. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AFTommy, Nov 30, 2015.

1. AFTommy Win User

problem with windows media player

It seems my media player is corrupted since a previous update. It will not play videos without looking like Dr Timothy Leary made them. Is there a place I can download Media Player 12? I went to the Windows download pages but it never has a trigger to download even though its entitled Window Media Player 12 Download, it just brags how great it is. *Drink1

:)

AFTommy, Nov 30, 2015
  2. Ghrm_483 Win User

Laptop blue screen problem ?

I have same problem in my laptop.

Window 7 ultimate version. It only happens in window media player not in vlc player . And also when I play mp3 from window media player same problem problem happens..

Ghrm_483, Nov 30, 2015
  3. windows media player

when i playing music in windows media player

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. this message will show. how can fix the problem

jishnuprasad1, Nov 30, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, in control panel, programs and features, click 'Turn Windows Features on or off, wait for the dialogue box to populate.

At Media Features click + to expand, untick Windows Media Player.

Not sure than if log off is enough, so reboot.

When you have rebooted, do that same but tick Windows Media Player and follow any prompts.

See if you are happy with the result.

Good luck.

dalchina, Nov 30, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Windows Media Player does NOT play videos anymore.
    Microsoft took that capability away. Some about having have to pay "royalties or copyrights" and that tablets are getting more and more popular and they do not have optical drive anyways.

(adding...... here is a link about this matter........ http://www.howtogeek.com/127774/how-...-on-windows-8/ )

You will have to install a 3rd party media player.
    VLC Media Player is widely used and recommended.
    Do not install the one from Windows Store.
    VLC website for download..............
    Download official VLC media player for Windows - VideoLAN

davidhk, Nov 30, 2015
  6. PJLLB Win User
    That's interesting. My Windows 10 Windows Media Player installation plays videos just fine.

PJLLB, Nov 30, 2015
  7. WMP plays videos, its DVD's that it will not play anymore

paulsalter, Nov 30, 2015
  8. davidhk Win User

Source
    Microsoft has included the DVD Player software for free in Windows 10, but only if you’re upgrading from any of the following versions:

• Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate
    • Windows 8 or 8.1 with Windows Media Center.

davidhk, Nov 30, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    Sorry to contradict.

I have both Win 10 Home and Win 10 Pro in laptops.
    None of them can play a dvd when I inserted the disk.

Oh ! I misread your post. English is my 3 rd language.
    I apologize.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. problem with windows media player - Similar Threads - problem media player

2. Windows media player problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows media player problems: For several weeks Windows media player hasn't opened properly - just a blank window that will not close or minimise. Eventually I looked up help. I tried troubleshooter - no good. I then tried the disable/restart/re-enable option in "features" and that didn't make any...
  3. Windows Media Player problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Media Player problem: I was trying to use Windows Media Player and a window kept coming up about running a diagnostic. I never clicked it. Now, it just won't work. You click the icon and nothing happens. Is there a way to fix it or reload it? submitted by /u/ConcentricGroove [link] [comments]...
  4. Windows Media Player Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Problem: When I play mp4 videos in Windows Media Player it often plays them at a slow speed or freezes and when I attempt to close it down, it won't respond unless I do so more than once. Is it because of the type of file? The size of the file doesn't seem to matter. Is this a common...
  5. Windows Media Player problems

Windows Media Player problems: Hi guys, I keep getting errors in Windows Media Player (WMP). To be more specific, slow start, then hangs & after 15 secs or so I can use it, with no problems. But the Windows Problem Solver/Troubleshooter says that my Settings are corrupt & the other one says my Library is...
  6. windows media player problems.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows media player problems.: Hi.i,m trying to find solutions to 2) problems on WMP and contact us, led me to Community. As an oap i struggle to understand/learn all the new words for everything, it,s like a foreign language so i write old way and would appreciate any help/assistance with the following...
  7. Windows media player problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows media player problem: Hello, I ripped an audio book on CD. I see it there under This PC, MUSIC. Now, I cannot find it in Windows media player. How do I get Windows Media player to recognize these files ? Thank you, Richard...
  8. Windows Media Player problem

Windows Media Player problem: I am trying to burn an audio music cd with windows 10. Playlist is entered, a new writable cd is installed and my new disk is not recognized as being installed. What can I do?...
  9. Problem with Windows Media Player

Problem with Windows Media Player: I used to be on windows 10 pro version 1709, but I decided to update to 1803 (OS Build 17134.191), and after I did, I updated my Shark007 Codecs (Advanced Version/32 to 64-Bit bundle) to version 10.4.1 Normally when I update, I have no problems at all, so I doubted I would...
  10. window media player problem

window media player problem: i am having trouble out of window media player it will download the songs but won't finalized the cd the cd won't play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/window-media-player-problem/448537f5-36dc-46c7-9d28-0629cd923332