Windows 10: Problem with Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool

Discus and support Problem with Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, when I start the Windows memory diagnostic tool the test actually starts and proceeds correctly, but when I click F1 no options menu opens. But if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Marpionline, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Problem with Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool

Hi, when I start the Windows memory diagnostic tool the test actually starts and proceeds correctly, but when I click F1 no options menu opens. But if I click ESC instead the test is interrupted, so the keyboard is recognized during the test and works.

How can I access the options menu? Thanks for the support.

Sorry for my English

:)

Marpionline, Aug 7, 2020
  2. bar9 Win User

Windows memory diagnostic tool not Working in Windows 10

Thanks, Jenith. The problem is that: when I attempt to run Memory Diagnostics Tool manually per your instructions:

• Open Memory Diagnostics Tool by going to Control Panel. In the search box, type Memory, and then click Diagnose your computer's memory problems. 
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Choose when to run the tool.
    When I choose when to run the tool (i.e., for instance, chosing 'restart now and check for problems'), and then shut the computer down, when it comes back up, I get a black screen (as I described in original post), and it appears that Memory Diagnostics
    Tool does not run at all. I wait and wait for minutes ... hours, and screen remains black, with Memory Diagnostics Tool not appearing to be running. I then turn the computer off, and then back on and it boots up normally to Windows 10 without running the Memory
    Diagnostics Tool. Whatever my approach, it seems that Memory Diagnostics Tool will not run.

The Memory Diagnostics Tool has not otherwise run automatically on its own.

bar9, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Windows memory diagnostic tool not Working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

We recommend that you let the Memory Diagnostics Tool run automatically. However, advanced users might want to adjust the tool's settings. Here's how:

• When the Memory Diagnostics Tool starts, press F1.
    • You can adjust the following settings:
      • Test mix. Choose what type of test you want to run: Basic, Standard, or Extended. The choices are described in the tool.
      • Cache. Choose the cache setting you want for each test: Default, On, or Off.
      • Pass count. Type the number of times you want to repeat the test.
    • Press F10 to start the test.
    If the Windows Memory Diagnostics tool doesn't run automatically, you can run it manually.

• Open Memory Diagnostics Tool by going to Control Panel. In the search box, type Memory, and then click Diagnose your computer's memory problems.
      Problem with Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool [​IMG]

• If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Choose when to run the tool.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 7, 2020
  4. jemcd Win User

Problem with Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool

Windows memory diagnostic tool not Working in Windows 10

This is a totally useless reply from someone who did not read the original complaint.

jemcd, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Problem with Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool

1. Problem with Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool - Similar Threads - Problem Memory Diagnostic

2. Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2215Has anyone else had problems trying to use Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool as of late?Killing time this morning I decided to run the tool as an administrator. Computer would reboot and take me to the Diagnostic Tool startup page. Upon pressing F1 to...
  3. Memory Diagnostic Tool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory Diagnostic Tool: So I need to check my RAM with Windows Memory Diagnostic, so a simple question I am asking is Do i need to run it as administrator or no? And sorry if this is not in the right spot....
  4. Windows memory diagnostics tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows memory diagnostics tool: When ran windows memory diagnostics tools it's staring again and again doesn't restart when test complete it start again and doesn't exist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-memory-diagnostics-tool/c3fdcc21-5738-419e-af55-1559edf9ecdb
  5. Memory Diagnostic Tool problems

Memory Diagnostic Tool problems: I ran the memory diagnostic tool after a blue screen showed up. The tool went thru the test and then restarted, but the blue screen still shows up.I tried to do the extended test, but it got hung and I had to restart. It seems that the tool is not fixing the problem.The blue...
  6. Windows memory diagnostic tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows memory diagnostic tool: I recently built a new pc a little under a month ago and I’ve been playing lots of games and I’ve been crashing/blue screening for games that are a bit more demanding such as R6,COD CW, Valorant and warzone. I have all my drivers updated and I heard that my ram can be the...
  7. windows memory diagnostic tool

windows memory diagnostic tool: Hi , my computer has performance issues i've tried to use this tool to check if my ram works properly after my computer restarts shows a black screen and nothing happens i did a format in windows and i have the same problem i have also change the ram but again nothing ! i...
  8. Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool: Hello, I started the above tool now it is just looping for the last 3 days. I dont have any installation media as I wasnt given any when I b9ought this PC, I think there may be a partition I can reinstall from. I d0ont want to reinstall I just want this awful piece of...
  9. Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool: Does this tool ONLY and i mean ONLY show hardware issues with RAM and not a storage device. I am 99% sure an issue i am having with my computer is caused by faulty RAM. I have been quite often been getting a BSOD with a memory management error code. That code seems to point...
  10. Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool

Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool: I had some hard crashes during a game recently, serious enough that I had to Reset Windows. (The system just would not boot after the crash.) As a result, I wanted to check for hardware failure, so I'm running the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool. I wanted a comprehensive...