Windows 10: Problem with Windows "Photos" program

Discus and support Problem with Windows "Photos" program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I run W 10 - Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1110 and it is the first time I have opened its "PHOTOS" program to transfer/import photos from my Moto E 6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bernie9927, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Problem with Windows "Photos" program

I run W 10 - Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1110 and it is the first time I have opened its "PHOTOS" program to transfer/import photos from my Moto E 6 play Android 9 phone. I used to be able to do this from my camera with ease before I had W10 but now when I connect up (using a USB cable as normal), the program will say :- "We are having difficulty accessing items on this device. Have I accepted the notification to connect". I have granted all permissions on my phone and have tried the suggestions available on the Web without success and have now come to the conclusion the program itself may be at fault. Before I go any further and find out if my phone is the culprit, can any of your subscribers confirm whether the W10 program is at fault or come up with any suggestions as to why I cannot import photos.

:)

Bernie9927, Aug 7, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 - defaul photo program

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As I understand that you are not able to see Photo Explosion in the list of default programs, I would suggest you to follow few steps to set Photo Explosion as your default program.

• In the search bar type Default programs and press enter

• Click on associate a file type or protocol with a program

• Select the file type which you want to associate with the photo Explosion.

• After selecting click on change programs

• Check whether you are able to see Photo Explosion in the list.
    Hope this information is useful. Do get back to us for further assistance.

Arul_D, Aug 7, 2021
  3. CargoX Win User
    Windows 7 Will Not Include Email, Photo and Movie Programs

I think people missed that MS did not say "Internet" in the program list. Just Email, Photo, Movie.

CargoX, Aug 7, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

Problem with Windows "Photos" program

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Problem with Windows "Photos" program :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

Problem with Windows "Photos" program

1. Problem with Windows "Photos" program - Similar Threads - Problem Photos program

2. Photo Program versus Pictures Program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo Program versus Pictures Program: All of a sudden, I have years worth of photos in my Microsoft Photo program in Windows 11 that no longer appear in my Pictures program. This means those photos that are in Photos, but not Pictures, are no longer supported in my Photoshop Elements program. How can I move the...
  3. scaling in Microsoft photo program "Photos"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scaling in Microsoft photo program "Photos": How can a photo, jpg or other, be scaled to fit to page when printing in Microsoft's "Photos" app. The choice "Fill" -> "Fit Page" does not do that....
  4. scaling in Microsoft photo program "Photos"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scaling in Microsoft photo program "Photos": How can a photo, jpg or other, be scaled to fit to page when printing in Microsoft's "Photos" app. The choice "Fill" -> "Fit Page" does not do that....
  5. Problem with Windows "Photos" program

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Windows "Photos" program: I run W 10 - Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1110 and it is the first time I have opened its "PHOTOS" program to transfer/import photos from my Moto E 6 play Android 9 phone. I used to be able to do this from my camera with ease before I had W10 but now when I connect up (using...
  6. Windows "Photos" program

Windows "Photos" program: While using Windows Photos program on my Surface Pro it switches into the Paint mode autmatically. I can switch back to edit mode by clicking on the "X" but any movement over the photo causes the program to revert back to paint mode. Trying to move to the next photo in a...
  7. Problems with Windows Photo

Problems with Windows Photo: I have been using Windows 'Photo' app to successfully import photos from SD cards for some time, recently problems when trying to import photos. There seems now to be a default of download 'None'. If change to 'All' OK but if select 'Items since last import' screen freezes....
  8. Windows 10 Photo Programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Photo Programs: Does Windows 10 contain Photo Programs like PhotoSuite ? I need to open several pics and add text on the same page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-programs/f7137f50-db6c-41c0-84a1-a1fba090a262
  9. photo program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    photo program: Is there a way to change the default settings in the edit mode of Photo. It always defaults the size at "custom" I want them to always default to 4x6 and change the ones I want to be different....
  10. Photo Program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo Program: This is the Second computer (Both new) I have had problems with the Photo Program. My 1st one-6 months old- had a download that messed it up. It would not stay on. (Not the 1st problem caused by mandatory downloads) I called the Handicapped line-and went up to Level 3,where...