Windows 10: Problem with Windows Store download and svchost

Discus and support Problem with Windows Store download and svchost in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had Forza Horizon 4 downloading in the background for a while and i didn't realize the download would resume when I turned on my PC again. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/anonymous3073, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Problem with Windows Store download and svchost

I had Forza Horizon 4 downloading in the background for a while and i didn't realize the download would resume when I turned on my PC again. I was having network issues, and having forgotten I was downloading the game, I went to my resource monitor and saw svchost receiving 8MB/s. I suspended the process and disabled the BITS service. When I went to the store and saw that 50GB of the game had been downloaded I assumed it was likely why svchost was taking so much bandwidth. I went to try and download the game again, and it just gets stuck where it is and doesn't make any progress. THIS is where it gets really confusing for me. I re-enabled BITS and restarted my PC and svchost was back in the resource monitor eating up 8MB/s, but the windows store download is still stuck. I don't really know what my options are here. Is there possibly a different svchost I disabled and can't find? Could this svchost currently eating bandwidth be malware? I may recall a time where svchost did this when I wasn't downloading anything on the windows store or even had it open but I'm not sure. Maybe the game isn't downloading because this process is eating up the bandwidth?

submitted by /u/anonymous3073
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/anonymous3073, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

Analyzing Svchost processes in Windows

Here's how to track down detailed information about any Svchost.exe process running in Windows 7/8.

a) You can use the Tasklist command-line tool to learn which services are running in a Svchost.exe. Just run cmd (command prompt) and hit

Tasklist /svc /fo list

Scroll through the list and find what you need. It's not quite intuitive so you can use third party programs with gui. See below:

b) You can use svchost viewer. Best utility. Note: to run this under XP you need .Net framework 2.0

Problem with Windows Store download and svchost [​IMG]

c) Svchost Process Analyzer is another app for that.

Problem with Windows Store download and svchost svchost.gif

d) And another app called Svchost lookup tool

Problem with Windows Store download and svchost [​IMG]

e) And it won't hurt if you use Process Explorer and System Explorer.

It's never bad to keep your system under control, plus all these apps are portable no installation is required.

kthbai

Drone, Sep 15, 2020
  3. What does the svchost do?

Lots of Windows services are tied to the SVChost, and /or are listed as SVChost in the process list(s).

Unfortunatley with Vista, there's a lot more dependencies between the services, and thus you'll be FORCED to run more instances of SVChosts; unlike XP where things were more independent and you could disable more features resulting in less SVChost instances. That and XP and Vista are different.

Regardless of your Windows version, you can check out some service slimming guides or goto Black Viper's website and take his advice. Depending on your needs you may be able to cut down the amount of SVChost running, and save some RAM.

XP should never have an SVChost using 50mb. Vista however can.

newconroer, Sep 15, 2020
  4. ex_reven Win User

Problem with Windows Store download and svchost

RAM Died: svchost error

Isnt svchost a service related to programs tho, and not the OS itself?
    Like for example, there are multiple svchosts at any one time for multiple programs.

Though i suppose that still suggests the OS is buggered at the core.

ex_reven, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Problem with Windows Store download and svchost

1. Problem with Windows Store download and svchost - Similar Threads - Problem Store download

2. Microsoft store download problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store download problems: whenever I try to download and open an app from Microsoft edge, it instead opens Microsoft store for a second, then closes it, it won't let me open the file. or do anything with it except delete it....
  3. Microsoft Store Download Problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Download Problem: I am trying to download HP Smart app from the MS Store. However, every time I click on Get It a login box always pops up. I enter my username and password and nothing happens/freezes....
  4. Microsoft Store Download Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Download Problem: I am trying to download HP Smart app from the MS Store. However, every time I click on Get It a login box always pops up. I enter my username and password and nothing happens/freezes....
  5. Problem download in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem download in Microsoft Store: i was wondering why is it not working when i try to download stuff[Original Title: downloading] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-download-in-microsoft-store/861f65de-6ffd-4544-82dd-5f592d6ac32f
  6. Problem download in Microsoft Store

Problem download in Microsoft Store: i was wondering why is it not working when i try to download stuff[Original Title: downloading] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-download-in-microsoft-store/861f65de-6ffd-4544-82dd-5f592d6ac32f
  7. Windows Store problem download

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Store problem download: Hi, i've a problem when downloading a game in indows store. The download starts at a very high speed (too high for my provider), download few mb, then after like a second it starts slow down till it stops and give me error 0x800704C6. submitted by /u/Lawing007 [link]...
  8. Problems to download apps in Windows store

Problems to download apps in Windows store: I have had many Problems to download apps in Windows store, when I try to download the applications it gives errors, it freezes, it closes, it doesn't work...
  9. svchost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    svchost: An aplication in the path C:\Windows\syswow\ is running in the background and it consumes 60% of my cpu how to i stop it? I think it as something about Net Framework our something like that but im not sure. My Windows version is 1607...
  10. Windows Store Game Download Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store Game Download Problem: I install Gears of War 4 in E: since is very heavy, but while downloading game is caching in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DeliveryOptimization in C: where i don't have have that space. Solved: disabled Delivery Optimization 65433