Windows 10: Problem with Windows where the taskbar looks weird and all tabs that are open are weird

Discus and support Problem with Windows where the taskbar looks weird and all tabs that are open are weird in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/urboyeatthatpussy445 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jfgymt/problem_with_windows_where_the_taskbar_looks/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/urboyeatthatpussy445, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Problem with Windows where the taskbar looks weird and all tabs that are open are weird

/u/urboyeatthatpussy445, Oct 21, 2020
  2. flycaster Win User

Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox

Not sure if this is a browser (latest Firefox) or Windows problem, so I'll describe the issue here.

All my program shortcuts are placed on the taskbar. The problem I'm about to describe and show, only occurs with the Firefox taskbar icon and its preview thumbnails. And will happen whether one or multiple tabs are on the tab bar. When hovering the cursor over FF's tab bar icon, and then hovering (and not clicking) the cursor over a tab's preview thumbnail, FF's window will now show several tiled FF's with the present thumbnails site on top. But, now clicking on that thumbnail, the site will open as a single site...with no evidence of the other apparently opened FF's. This only happens with the FF taskbar icon's thumbnail and not with any of the other icons on the bar.

Here are some captures of this odd occurrence:

Problem with Windows where the taskbar looks weird and all tabs that are open are weird [​IMG]

Problem with Windows where the taskbar looks weird and all tabs that are open are weird [​IMG]

flycaster, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Taskbar Looks Weird Start Menu won’t Open

so
    basically my brother was waking for the conputer to wake up but he doesnt have patient and just closed the computer.When its turn back on the apps are missing the task bar looks weird and super big. not only that the window key and start menu doesnt work.
    When hovering over taskbar it have the loading thing for the mouse.The task manager wont open, ctrl shift esc and ctrl alt del and then task manager doesnt open. When right clicking a hovering over new it freezes their but when i click window key it thrns
    black and then back to normal and the freeze is gonw but the problem is still there? Nothing seem to be ablw to open up except for ctrl alt del but all the other stuff except for task manager. Oh yeah powershell wont open. So basically i cant open up some
    stuff.

DanielLin1, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Problem with Windows where the taskbar looks weird and all tabs that are open are weird

I have a weird IE7 problem

try this: tools (get the taskbar back first though!!!!!!!!! *Bang Head :banghead: <---that's without it for me)>internet options> tab settings (button that says settings under the tabs section) and in the last box it'll say something like "when ie wants to open a new window...open in a new window...open in tab in current window in new tab....or the current open tab. you want open tab in current window in new tab? or either the current open tab, w/e floats your boat

EDIT: i didn't read your first post right, pick open in new window

kwchang007, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Problem with Windows where the taskbar looks weird and all tabs that are open are weird

1. Problem with Windows where the taskbar looks weird and all tabs that are open are weird - Similar Threads - Problem where taskbar

2. Weird looking bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird looking bsod: This happened probably a week ago and I've been trying different things to fix it and nothing has worked. ive tried using a different gpu and tried booting from a good hard drive that i knew worked. The only thing i dont think ive tried is using different ram which ill will...
  3. Weird looking bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird looking bsod: This happened probably a week ago and I've been trying different things to fix it and nothing has worked. ive tried using a different gpu and tried booting from a good hard drive that i knew worked. The only thing i dont think ive tried is using different ram which ill will...
  4. Weird looking bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taskbar looks weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar looks weird: Why does my taskbar look like this? I also get a spinning circle when I mouse over the Start Menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-looks-weird/f71811e0-bd89-4392-bb66-d3ef885e203f
  6. Taskbar looks weird

Taskbar looks weird: Why does my taskbar look like this? I also get a spinning circle when I mouse over the Start Menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-looks-weird/f71811e0-bd89-4392-bb66-d3ef885e203f
  7. Tab button acting weird all of a sudden

Tab button acting weird all of a sudden: All of a sudden my Tab button will not do as it always has, when i press it now it decides to scroll from left to right even when i have nothing open and it will do this on the taskbar. I can't play games properly that use the tab button either, it has never done this. I...
  8. Weird taskbar problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird taskbar problem: Hi all, recently i've been facing this weird taskbar problem where not all icons are showing: https://i.imgur.com/pzIssS1.png There are 3 'empty' icons in the second row just i can hover over them which highlights the tile but wont react to either left- or right-clicking,...
  9. Weird looking BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird looking BSOD: [IMG] This is my laptop shutting down after a kernel power 41 error. Usually i get this blue screen after a few days or a week at a time. Is there something i can do to prevent this from happening?...
  10. Windows 10 "Weird look"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 "Weird look": Hey, i just got a new PC and Windows 10 PRO was pre-installed and all that. So it does look kinda weird to me. I had windows 10 before but I dont know about this one. I did all Updates and all that to look if its just the look of an old Update. After all that it sill looks...