Windows 10: Problem with windows10 safe mode password

Discus and support Problem with windows10 safe mode password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hy,i can login into my pc : i enter safe mode and my pin or microsoft password don't work. I change my microsoft password but same incorect password..... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by stefstef4, Mar 6, 2020.

1. stefstef4 Win User

Problem with windows10 safe mode password

Hy,i can login into my pc : i enter safe mode and my pin or microsoft password don't work. I change my microsoft password but same incorect password.. i see on internet that there was a trick with command prompt but if i enter cmd says to introduce my password.. what can i do?or how can i change back from safe mode to normal start up..? Problem with windows10 safe mode password [​IMG]Problem with windows10 safe mode password [​IMG]

:)

stefstef4, Mar 6, 2020
  2. curt jugg Win User

Problems with password in Safe Mode

When I try to log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode it tells me my current password is incorrect. If I log on to my laptop computer in Safe Mode my current password is accepted. My wife can log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode using her current password without any problem. If I log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode using my previous Microsoft password, however, that is accepted.

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem with my desktop Safe Mode log-on and how I can get it to accept my current password, please.

Thanks in anticipation.

Curt

curt jugg, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 6, 2020
  4. JohJef485 Win User

in safe mode my password is denied

I have same issue.

When restarting in Safe Mode I encounter the usual logon format but this time it asks for the password not the PIN which is used on normal starts.

Whilst in Safe Mode the password and PIN are shown as being "incorrect".

I have searched this site before and found the response from Engelsen Fad dated Feb 4 2017 which I have tried without success.

What else can I do?? I need to be in safe mode but I am prevented by Windows10.

To isolate the concern, we suggest that you reset the password of your Microsoft account through this link before re-attempting to sign in.

You may also follow the steps below to make sure that you are typing the correct password.

1. Restart your PC. When you reach the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key and select the Power button, and then select Restart.
    2. After your PC restarts, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options >Startup settings > Restart. After your PC restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with networking.
    3. When you reach login screen, press Windows + U and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access list. or click on Ease of Access at bottom right and select On-Screen Keyboard from
      the list.
    4. Then use you cursor to type the password with On-Screen Keyboard.
    5. Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

JohJef485, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem with windows10 safe mode password - Similar Threads - Problem windows10 safe

2. windows10 safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows10 safe mode: Hi can anyone help please. My Lenovo laptop is in safe mode and I can't release it. Have tried various ways all to fix the problem with no joy. About to put laptop under car wheel....
  3. windows10 in safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows10 in safe mode: I wish to buy an external DVD writer for my laptop running in windows 10S. Is this possible ? or will w10S prevent me from doing this [ ie stop me from loading drivers/software]....
  4. Safe mode no password Win 10 problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode no password Win 10 problem: As my computer had been getting hot recently followed a procedure to rectify which involved going into safe mode. Unfortunately as many others have experienced my finger print and pin password was by passed and could remember password. Have followed previous threads as this...
  5. Safe Mode / Not Safe Mode Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Safe Mode / Not Safe Mode Problem: Windows 10 PC on feature pack 1909. Mapped drive S: to a DC/AD/Server 2016 share. Several folders on the share are large. PC1 was working fine till yesterday. Now those large folders on S: can take up to 3 minutes to display contents in Explorer. Other folders on S: display...
  6. safe mode password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    safe mode password: hey! so when i try to login in safe mode its ask me for a password and i know its not pin password and its for my Microsoft account but when i enter the password its show me that the password is incorrect... i tried every single password i know but its still show me that's...
  7. Safe Mode Password Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Safe Mode Password Problem: I’m attempting to boot into Safe Mode using Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Advanced start-up > Restart now > option > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Start-up Settings > Restart. After restart I use option 4 for Safe Mode. However, when I enter my Microsoft...
  8. Safe Mode Password Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe Mode Password Problem: I’m attempting to boot into Safe Mode using Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Advanced start-up > Restart now > option > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Start-up Settings > Restart. After restart I use option 4 for Safe Mode. However, when I enter my Microsoft...
  9. Problems with password in Safe Mode

Problems with password in Safe Mode: When I try to log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode it tells me my password is incorrect. If I log on to my laptop computer in Safe Mode my password is accepted. My wife can log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode without any problem. Can anyone suggest what might be...
  10. Stuck in safe mode without knowing administrator password in windows10

Stuck in safe mode without knowing administrator password in windows10: Stuck in safe mode after checking safe mode in msconfig while running in normal mode. I didn't knew that pin don't work in safe mode .. Now i'm unable to go back to normal mode. And don't remember the password to enter into safe mode...in windows 10 Is there any fix for...