Windows 10: Problem with wsl2?

Discus and support Problem with wsl2? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I followed these instructions, but Linux woulsd not install from Microsoft store. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10 However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CorporateState01, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Problem with wsl2?

/u/CorporateState01, Oct 2, 2020

2. WSL2 for windows

I have failed into installing WSL for Windows. I have read here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../install-win10 how to do it, and at step 4:

1. Download the latest package:
      [COLOR=var(--text)][COLOR=var(--info-dark)] Note[/COLOR]
      If you're using an ARM64 machine, please download the ARM64 package instead. If you're not sure what kind of machine you have, open Command Prompt or PowerShell and enter: systeminfo | find "System Type".
      [/COLOR]
    2. Run the update package downloaded in the previous step. (Double-click to run - you will be prompted for elevated permissions, select ‘yes’ to approve this installation.)

I encountered:

Problem with wsl2? [​IMG]

and

What I did wrong ? I have the following W10 version:

Another question: am I in the the right forum ?

mesajflaviu, Oct 2, 2020
  3. WSL2 and Environment Variables

I am trying to install Selenium and build a python application that includes automating web page completion (login info). I would like to built the program using VSCode and WSL2. I've installed selenium in WSL2. Selenium requires a webdriver api to
    be installed and included on the system PATH in the environment variables. If I install the msedgedriver.exe for Windows, in Windows, and add it to PATH, will it work with Selenium installed on WSL2 in VSCode using Python?

JohnSampson5, Oct 2, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Problem with wsl2?

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Problem with wsl2?

1. Problem with wsl2? - Similar Threads - Problem wsl2

2. The problem with logging into the OS when using #$@

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The problem with logging into the OS when using #$@: Hi! I recently ran into a problem when setting a password with #@$ characters and trying to login after logout. The password was set correctly, but it returned an error when trying to log in to the user. Passwords that cause problems: 49efvH$TGB$#R3535u46jhI changed the...
  3. The problem with logging into the OS when using #$@

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The problem with logging into the OS when using #$@: Hi! I recently ran into a problem when setting a password with #@$ characters and trying to login after logout. The password was set correctly, but it returned an error when trying to log in to the user. Passwords that cause problems: 49efvH$TGB$#R3535u46jhI changed the...
  4. Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11: I have a dell vostro 7500. I upgraded to windows 11 yesterday. And i didnt like the way windows 11 runs on my laptop, so i wanted to downgrade. Iam within the 10 day period to downgrade, buy everytime i try to do so, instead of downgrading, it boots me into troubleshoot menu....
  5. Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11

Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11: I have a dell vostro 7500. I upgraded to windows 11 yesterday. And i didnt like the way windows 11 runs on my laptop, so i wanted to downgrade. Iam within the 10 day period to downgrade, buy everytime i try to do so, instead of downgrading, it boots me into troubleshoot menu....
  6. Extended and mirror display problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extended and mirror display problem: While the cursor works but clicking on anything doesn't work on extended display and if set on mirror display the colour calibration resets on the main monitor im using asus vivobook with xp pen display tablet...
  7. WSL2 Ubuntu problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL2 Ubuntu problems: Hello everbody,i have the problem that my ubuntu with wsl2 is not running anymore after temporarily disabling Hyper-V in the Windows-Features.The information in the command window when i try to start is: Please activate the Windows-Feature "VM-Platform" and ensure that...
  8. WSL2 Ubuntu problems

WSL2 Ubuntu problems: Hello everbody,i have the problem that my ubuntu with wsl2 is not running anymore after temporarily disabling Hyper-V in the Windows-Features.The information in the command window when i try to start is: Please activate the Windows-Feature "VM-Platform" and ensure that...
  9. WSL2 CLI window scroll to prompt problem while half/full snapped

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    WSL2 CLI window scroll to prompt problem while half/full snapped: I'm kind of new to WSL2, but when I have the CLI open, and the window is fullscreen or snapped to half screen, if I'm scrolled up the output (so that the prompt is below the bottom of the window), then when I hit the `up` key on the keyboard, or start typing, or right-click...
  10. Touch keyboard on Surface Book 2 and wsl2 problems

Touch keyboard on Surface Book 2 and wsl2 problems: Several symbols, including the @, ~, € do not work while typing with the touch keyboard in wsl2. Has anyone else had this issue? So far it is confind tp wsl2....