Windows 10: Problem with Xbox 360 wired controller Z-axis registration on Windows 10

Discus and support Problem with Xbox 360 wired controller Z-axis registration on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I have a wired Xbox 360 controller that I mostly use for gaming. This controller looks to be in fine shape and all buttons respond except... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Roived, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Roived Win User

Problem with Xbox 360 wired controller Z-axis registration on Windows 10

Hello all, I have a wired Xbox 360 controller that I mostly use for gaming. This controller looks to be in fine shape and all buttons respond except that that left trigger doesn't properly register in the z-axis, it's almost as if it is depressed constantly. However, when I open the callibration menu the default setting looks like this:

Problem with Xbox 360 wired controller Z-axis registration on Windows 10 581661d1-680c-4d31-800c-22699d288b2e?upload=true.png

So it seems for some reason the z-axis is depressed even though the trigger is not pressed at all, in fact the mechanical part seems to work well. Pressing the right trigger does reduce the z-axis but not completely to zero. So I was wondering if maybe there is some communication error between the controller and the computer, or that the sensor might be broken. I've cleaned the controller with some compressed air just to make sure nothing on the inside was jammed.

:)

Roived, Mar 24, 2020
  2. BeterHans Win User

Xbox Controller Z-Axis Problem

Wow. Thanks for the reply

I thought there must be nobody care about this.

This is NOT Game related.

or I'm not talking about a game that have special support for the xbox controller.

But in General.

You can tell by open the property windows of the xbox 360 controller in control panel

the property window shows the controller have a z-axis (But it should have 2!)

Problem with Xbox 360 wired controller Z-axis registration on Windows 10 3e1105c3-9d46-4fce-b2d3-b408be6af0df.jpg

If you only press down LT the z axis will decrease, if you only press down RT z axis will increase

but if you press both LT and RT it will cancel each other out just like nothing pressed.

BeterHans, Mar 24, 2020
  3. BeterHans Win User
    Xbox Controller Z-Axis Problem

I'm using the Xbox 360 Controller on PC for racing game.

the Problem is the Z-Axis works like a plane's rudder. it's a single axis! not 2!

It's ok for flight games but

If you want use it in racing game this can be ****!

you can't press gas and break at same time. if you press them at the same time it will cancel each other out. like nothing pressed!

PLEASE FIX this stupid design problem!

BeterHans, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Previll Win User

Xbox One Controller on PC Z axis and Z rotation.

Hey there,

I have a little problem. Recently, my Xbox One controller which I use for playing PC games started having problems. When I try to play games, lots of malfunctions happen. "Dragon Age: Inquisition" crashes at startup and corrupts my latest savefile, and "Ori
    and the Blind Forest" makes my character walk to the left forever, as if my left stick were stuck (and it's not). The source of the problem lies in the controllers Z axis: there used to be just one, but it was split into a Z axis and Z rotation in some driver
    update. When I look up the controller properties on my PC, both the axis and rotation start at 0% and rise to 100% when I press the shoulder trigger buttons. This causes detection problems in games that are programmed to recognize one Z axis sitting at 50%
    and going to 0 and 100% when pressing the left and right triggers respectively.

I actually can solve this problem by following these steps:

1.) Open Device Manager

2.) Right Click "Xbox One Controller"

3.) Select Update Driver Software

4.) Browse

5.) Let me pick

6.) "Microsoft Xbox One controller"

This 'merges' the Z axis and Z rotation back into one. However, now comes the real problem: I recently bought a Wireless Adapter to connect my controller to my Windows 10 PC wirelessly, and I
    can't change the driver of the adapter. The adapter displays the same problems revolving the Z split (once again an axis and a rotation).

I tried contacting Live Chat Support for Xbox, who sent me to Live Chat for Microsoft, who after two hours sent me back again to Live Chat Support for Xbox. Sigh. The guy at Xbox Live Chat then sent me here. So, I really, really hope someone here would be
    able to help me! I would truly appreciate that.

Previll, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem with Xbox 360 wired controller Z-axis registration on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem Xbox 360

2. xbox 360 wired controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox 360 wired controller: my Xbox 360 wired controller start blinking and continuous vibration during game i tried re installing drivers but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-wired-controller/2d23b6d0-1939-407a-ac0a-c6f6bda81c90
  3. xbox 360 wired controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox 360 wired controller: my Xbox 360 wired controller start blinking and continuous vibration during game i tried re installing drivers but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-wired-controller/2d23b6d0-1939-407a-ac0a-c6f6bda81c90
  4. xbox 360 wired controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 and Xbox 360 Wired Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and Xbox 360 Wired Controller: Since upgrade to Windows 11 from 10, my Xbox 360 controller is not working. I've deleted and reinstalled the drivers. It seems to recognize the existence of the controller. If I open Steam, the app instantly recognizes that the controller is xbox 360 controller.However, the...
  6. Windows 11 and Xbox 360 Wired Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and Xbox 360 Wired Controller: Since upgrade to Windows 11 from 10, my Xbox 360 controller is not working. I've deleted and reinstalled the drivers. It seems to recognize the existence of the controller. If I open Steam, the app instantly recognizes that the controller is xbox 360 controller.However, the...
  7. Wired Xbox 360 Controller - Code 10 Error

Wired Xbox 360 Controller - Code 10 Error: I am currently having a problem with my Xbox 360 controller. After using it for about 3 years now, all of the sudden I turned on my computer today and the controller stopped working. When I went into the device manager I saw that the controller was recognized did not work....
  8. Xbox 360 wired controller not working properly on windows 10

Xbox 360 wired controller not working properly on windows 10: Hello people. The issue: on my PC there is windows 10 pro, I use my xbox 360 controller to play games. The driver version is 10.0.18362.1 On my laptop there is windows 10 pro too, I've plugged in my xbox 360 wired controller, but computer recognizes it as audio device!...
  9. XBox Controller Z Axis Issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox Controller Z Axis Issue on Windows 10: Hello, My name is Vy and recently I have ran into a major issue with my Xbox Controller (4N6-00001). I have purchased the controller just last week, and upon arrival, It worked flawlessly; However, after 3-4 days, upon starting up my Forza Horizon 4 Game, the controller...
  10. Xbox 360 wired controller not working on windows

Xbox 360 wired controller not working on windows: I had puchased a xbox 360(wired) controller few days ago, it works well initially for a week and then after that windows starts showing(on Connecting through usb) that it does'nt recognizing device. I had already doen this solutions which dont work- 1.When i connect it to...