Windows 10: Problem with Your Family asking me to update Windows 10

Discus and support Problem with Your Family asking me to update Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm receiving the following message on one of my children's names in Your Family in Windows 10: "Update your child's Windows 10 device to get family... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by EdPov, Dec 23, 2019.

1. EdPov Win User

Problem with Your Family asking me to update Windows 10

I'm receiving the following message on one of my children's names in Your Family in Windows 10:

"Update your child's Windows 10 device to get family features to work. "

We recently moved to a new computer. They had an account on the old one and I set them up on the new one too. I was getting this message when I logged on to check the Microsoft account. The old computer didn't update properly so I thought removing their account from the old computer would fix it. It hasn't.

I've also tried removing their account from "our family" and that hasn't fixed it either.

It still looks like the following.

Problem with Your Family asking me to update Windows 10 c095e0d8-22f4-43fb-9531-56547ae7bbbd?upload=true.jpg

The new computer is fully updated.

I have administrator access and my child's account is setup with her correct age.

Anyone else have any ideas?

:)

EdPov, Dec 23, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Problem with Your Family asking me to update Windows 10

Family safety 'ask for permission' error

Hi,

For us to effectively assist you, kindly provide us the information we need below:

• To isolate the issue, does this happen on other browsers as well?
    • Have you tried to clear the cache of the browser you're trying to use?
    • To confirm, kindly tell us how exactly have you turned off Family Safety?

We would suggest checking the other setting pages from the main family page to turn off family settings to possibly resolve this issue. kindly refer to this link

Turn off family settings in WIndows 10
    for the steps that you can follow to disable family settings.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Problem with Your Family asking me to update Windows 10

1. Problem with Your Family asking me to update Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem Family asking

2. Im not in a microsoft family but it still wants me to ask for permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im not in a microsoft family but it still wants me to ask for permissions: I was removed from the family and it says im the admin of my own, my birthday is set to be an adult and when i want to do something like play Halo on the Xbox app, it asks for a family member's consent. This is really annoying me and i have been having so many problems with...
  3. Im not in a microsoft family but it still wants me to ask for permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Im not in a microsoft family but it still wants me to ask for permissions: I was removed from the family and it says im the admin of my own, my birthday is set to be an adult and when i want to do something like play Halo on the Xbox app, it asks for a family member's consent. This is really annoying me and i have been having so many problems with...
  4. Ask for permission first. You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can get this....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ask for permission first. You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can get this....: I'm trying to buy an app from the microsoft store to watch a video I have on my laptop. Every time I try to buy it, it asks for my PIN, and then I get a pop-up saying "You'll need to ask an adult...". There's 2 buttons "Cancel" and "Ask Now". When I click "Ask Now" I get...
  5. Windows 10 asking me to update Abobe flash player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 asking me to update Abobe flash player: I’m in latest version of windows 10 version 21H1 OS Bulid: 19043.1110, few months ago I heard that Microsoft killed adobe flash player. But the windows showing me update or it will automatically update its self. What to do now...
  6. Windows 10 asking me to update adobe flash player

Windows 10 asking me to update adobe flash player: I’m in latest version of windows 10 version 21H1 OS Bulid: 19043.1110, few months ago I heard that Microsoft killed adobe flash player. But the windows showing me update or it will automatically update its self. What to do now...
  7. Windows 10 Asking me to update adobe flash player

Windows 10 Asking me to update adobe flash player: I’m in latest version of windows 10 version 21H1 OS Bulid: 19043.1110, few months ago I heard that Microsoft killed adobe flash player. But the windows showing me update or it will automatically update its self. What to do now...
  8. Windows 10 asking me to update adobe flash player

Windows 10 asking me to update adobe flash player: I’m in latest version of windows 10 version 21H1 OS Bulid: 19043.1110, few months ago I heard that Microsoft killed adobe flash player. But the windows showing me update or it will automatically update its self. What to do now...
  9. I'm not in a Microsoft Family Group but applications are still requiring me to ask a family...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I'm not in a Microsoft Family Group but applications are still requiring me to ask a family...: I factory reset my PC recently and have reinstalled a few of my old applications, including Sea of Thieves. Now that these are installed, Sea of Thieves is requiring me to "Ask an adult in my family if I can use it" Though, upon checking Microsoft Family Features, I'm not in...
  10. Your Phone App asking for update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone App asking for update: I had recently updated my windows to version 2004 and the Your phone app was automatically added when i tried to use the app it is asking for update ,when i click on the update button i was switched to the Microsoft store ,but at there was no update button only Launch button...