Windows 10: problem with youtube codecs

Discus and support problem with youtube codecs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] hi im having problems with youtube videos, they glitch like this sometimes the video image freezes but audio keeps going, i have 2 GPUS on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RX1542, Mar 24, 2021.

1. /u/RX1542 Win User

problem with youtube codecs

problem with youtube codecs GRM4kPbsm-N3ckik3DLXKgxntQSVHgnmkDL8F_k8Qnc.jpg

hi im having problems with youtube videos, they glitch like this sometimes the video image freezes but audio keeps going, i have 2 GPUS on my system a GTX 1080 and a GT 1030 i noticed when i let the 1030 handle firefox youtube videos play just fine but when for example chrome plays videos using the 1080 it glitches which leads me to think there's something worng with my 1080 but games play fine, if i turn off hardware acceleration on chrome videos work fine and if i force youtube to use another codec they also work fine(there are still some glitches tho)

this problem started after a power outage so i would like to know if something broke within my 1080 or its just some hardware issue

https://preview.redd.it/qwqby10hf3p...bp&s=702244419e5722e39bc9b340e39f3cc48911a623

submitted by /u/RX1542
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RX1542, Mar 24, 2021

2. 58 Error dialogs from app when HEVC Video Extension Window Store codec is installed.

Hi Kraig,

You might be experiencing this issue because of corrupted codec files. To help us identify the cause of this error, we would like to know the following information:

• Which app are you using to open and play your media files?
    • Have you installed any codec packs on your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you download and install the
    official Codec packs from Microsoft
    . These packs can correct problems experienced with previously-downloaded codecs.

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Mar 24, 2021
  3. USB Audio Codec Driver

After following all these steps, my usb audio device still does not work. In Settings > Connected devices it list USB Audio Codec Driver is unavailable.

Jerry De La Cruz, Mar 24, 2021
  4. problem with youtube codecs

Can an MP4 Codec Get Corrupted? What do I do about it?

Hello Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and Thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, I understand you are facing issues uploading the .MP4 file to YouTube.

Are you able to play the .MP4 file on your computer?

Yes, MP4 files or codecs can get corrupted.

In Windows 10, if you want to see the codecs installed, you need to go to System Information and see the list of the multimedia-audio and video codecs. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + R.

•Type msinfo32 and hit Enter.

•Select Components.

•Expand Multimedia.

•Click on Audio and Video codecs respectively to view the installed codecs.

I would like to inform you that you will only be able to see the name of the codecs, but you will not be able to un-install them.
    If you recall the name of the codec, you may un-install them from add and remove programs.

You may refer to the below steps to uninstall a program in windows 10:

1. Press "Windows" + "R", Type "appwiz.cpl" and press Enter.

2. Select the program and click on Uninstall and follow the instruction on the screen.

Note: Search for codecs in the list of programs and un-install it.

You can also use your favorite search engine and search for any third party software which could help you to un-install the codecs.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software
    can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

As you are facing issues while uploading video file to YouTube, you may contact YouTube support forum.

Codecs: frequently asked questions

Codecs: frequently asked questions

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

problem with youtube codecs

1. problem with youtube codecs - Similar Threads - problem youtube codecs

2. Youtube problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Youtube problem: I'm not sure if it's a windows problem, but hopefully it can be fixed. Recently I went to Youtube to watch something, and it said I was offline. I reloaded the page and it was fine, but every time I make a change to the page, it says I'm offline again. It can always be fixed...
  3. Youtube problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Youtube problem: I'm not sure if it's a windows problem, but hopefully it can be fixed. Recently I went to Youtube to watch something, and it said I was offline. I reloaded the page and it was fine, but every time I make a change to the page, it says I'm offline again. It can always be fixed...
  4. YouTube problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    YouTube problem: YouTube problem, I have problems with the youtuber application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youtube-problem/d71891f1-c7bd-4da9-87a3-75c9c55e4bc9
  5. Problem with YouTube

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with YouTube: I have Windows 10, Version 1909 Build 18363.657 Chrome Version 80.0.3987.106 Problem started a month ago. I click on a YouTube video. Sometimes it plays. Other times I get a black screen with a message at the top that says...An Error Occurred...Try again Later.. The screen...
  6. Problem with YouTube

Problem with YouTube: I have Windows 10, Version 1909 Build 18363.657 Chrome Version 80.0.3987.106 Problem started a month ago. I click on a YouTube video. Sometimes it plays. Other times I get a black screen with a message at the top that says...An Error Occurred...Try again Later.. The screen...
  7. Problem with Edge and YouTube

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Edge and YouTube: I've noticed a problem with YouTube in msEdge browser. When I load YouTube, the panel on the left which has the home button, subscriptions, library etc. doesn't have a vertical scroll bar. And sometimes the panel has a dotted line around it like with focus. It just started...
  8. Problem with Youtube UI

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Youtube UI: Correct forums ? my Youtube UI are different from normal loook but it happened only when i login to my Youtube Account you can see in red square with login and without login 117957
  9. Youtube having problems.

Youtube having problems.: I watch youtube a lot. however, after I installed the latest update, youtube videos have been having frames glitch into each other. This has never happened before. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  10. Youtube playback problems

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube playback problems: My wife just bought a Lenovo Yoga Thinkpad..and she is unable to play YouTube videos. Any ideas? 24677