Windows 10: Problem with Zip Files in Windows 10 Edge

Discus and support Problem with Zip Files in Windows 10 Edge in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.804, I've been unable to properly download zip files in Edge. (I can download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by blazemom2012, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Problem with Zip Files in Windows 10 Edge

Ever since I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.804, I've been unable to properly download zip files in Edge. (I can download them in Chrome but have another issue with the website I'm downloading from so I have to use Edge.) When I download the zip file and go to extract them, I'm getting a message that the file is empty. I got this both with my extracting software and my Windows 10 extraction tool. I was ultimately able to download one of the files with Chrome on another device just to test the file so it's definitely not the files.

I've tried disabling my antivirus software but that didn't fix the problem. I also tried disabling Edge's Defender setting, also with no success. Can anyone suggest anything that can help me fix this problem. Thanks.

:)

blazemom2012, Mar 10, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Zip and unzip files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Problem with Zip Files in Windows 10 Edge

Windows 10 Zip functions

I am using Windows 10 and trying to create a zip file. I followed the usual steps of selecting a file, right-click, hover on Send To, and then select the Zip option to compress the file. However, there isn't an option for using the Zip function. It is missing.
    I then used File Explorer and found the Zip function on the ribbon, but the function doesn't work. I select the file and click on the Zip icon. Nothing happens, no error message, no file creation, nada.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem would be appreciated...greatly!

SteveC-978, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Problem with Zip Files in Windows 10 Edge

1. Problem with Zip Files in Windows 10 Edge - Similar Threads - Problem Zip Files

2. Windows 10 Zip File Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Zip File Problems: Not sure what happened, but my .zip files on 10 started acting up. Some of them weren't opening at all, so I tried installing another zip program. It messed with my computer's default settings somehow, and since then if I right clicked on a zip file there would be no extract...
  3. Windows 10 Zip File Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Zip File Problems: Not sure what happened, but my .zip files on 10 started acting up. Some of them weren't opening at all, so I tried installing another zip program. It messed with my computer's default settings somehow, and since then if I right clicked on a zip file there would be no extract...
  4. Windows 10 Zip File Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Zip File Problems

6. Windows 10 Zip File Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 10 Zip File Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Zip file in Window 10

Zip file in Window 10: I was able to create a zip file with empty folders last week but now somehow zip folder does not include empty folders. Is there any solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-file-in-window-10/a2aa1823-c269-43d0-95bd-c5ef43394b79
  9. Zipped Files

Zipped Files: I have been using an online map creation tool for my business using Microsoft Edge, when I save the file its saved as a Zipped file locally. If I share this file with someone else and they try to open to view it online via Internet explorer nothing happens why' s this...
  10. Zip a File or Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Zip a File or Folder in Windows 10: How to: Zip a File or Folder in Windows 10 How to ZIP (compress) a File or Folder in Windows 10 [img] Information Compressed (zipped) files and/or folders take up less storage space and can be transferred to other computers more quickly than uncompressed files, they...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How do i download zip files on edge browser and how to open it

2. download zip files