Windows 10: problem word icons

Discus and support problem word icons in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; hi i reinstalled Windows 10 and office 2016 pro with legal licenses,and other several aplications. some doc files i have on a folder,instead of appear... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by fjabrantes, Aug 3, 2018.

1. problem word icons

hi

i reinstalled Windows 10 and office 2016 pro with legal licenses,and other several aplications.
    some doc files i have on a folder,instead of appear the w of the office ,it appears like a shortcut, other docs on other disks are ok.I already do open with word and does always that i see on Windows already and its ok.
    If i press f5 it appears the correct icon and comes again the shortcut icon, but the files open ok with office.
    if i create a new one he creates with icon ok.
    i ask if its a problem with Windows 10 ?

:)

fjabrantes, Aug 3, 2018

2. Win 10 Icons problem!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• Are you trying to hide icon in the task bar.

If yes I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type in search bar “Turn system icons On or Off”.
    • Select the option “Turn system icons On or Off”.
    • Turn off the icons which you want to hide.

Hope this helps, if the issue persists do get back to us we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Nomgle Win User
    Two bugs in GPU-Z - icon and version number

Adding my name to the list of people with weird missing icon problems *Smile problem word icons :)

Nomgle, Aug 3, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

problem word icons

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

problem word icons

1. problem word icons - Similar Threads - problem word icons

2. Word Icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word Icons on Taskbar: I have opened 6 word documents. They all appear on the taskbar. I would like to arrange them alphabetically from left to right to make it easier to work with them. When I try to move 1 - ONE - all icons move. I only want to move 1 - ONE - icon at a time. Help?...
  3. Word Icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word Icons on Taskbar: I have opened 6 word documents. They all appear on the taskbar. I would like to arrange them alphabetically from left to right to make it easier to work with them. When I try to move 1 - ONE - all icons move. I only want to move 1 - ONE - icon at a time. Help?...
  4. Word Icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Problems in word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems in word: So you see that line there with the black dots? Well it randomly appeared and I can't do anything to remove it. I also have no idea what its called. Please help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-in-word/4a18b0d9-0c2b-4b70-98f5-9d94046ce596
  6. Icon for microsoft word is blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icon for microsoft word is blank: my docs are showing blank in the icon and my file explorer keeps freezing when I try to open microsoft word documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-for-microsoft-word-is-blank/47d2f17c-f702-46ad-9254-21a9609d8d12
  7. WORD PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WORD PROBLEM: A message pops up in my word documents that tells me that my changes cannot be uploaded or downloaded because "my cache credentials have expired," and directs me to sign in. But when I try to sign in I get an error message that says "something went wrong, please try again...
  8. WORD ICON ON DESKTOP

WORD ICON ON DESKTOP: I have several word documents on my desktop that are formatted for word with the W icon. But my MAIN word icon(shortcut) is white with NO word on it. I thought I repaired it last night but this morning it is back "white again". All my other microsoft icons on my desktop...
  9. Wrong Word Icon

Wrong Word Icon: Running Windows 10 Pro 1809 and Office 2016 and my MS word icon looks like this [ATTACH] All my other Office icons are correct and this is bugging me. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my word documents to show the proper icon. I've renamed the icon cache to...
  10. problem word icons

in Windows 10 Support
    problem word icons: hi i reinstalled Windows 10 and office 2016 pro with legal licenses,and other several aplications. some doc files i have on a folder,instead of appear the w of the office ,it appears like a shortcut, other docs on other disks are ok.I already do open with word and does...