Windows 10: Problem writing files to a DVD in an external drive on Windows 10 Surface

Discus and support Problem writing files to a DVD in an external drive on Windows 10 Surface in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just tried to write some files to a DVD in an external drive and keep getting a message - "There is no disc in the CD or DVD writer". What do I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mike Gusmus Columbus Oh, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Problem writing files to a DVD in an external drive on Windows 10 Surface

Just tried to write some files to a DVD in an external drive and keep getting a message - "There is no disc in the CD or DVD writer". What do I need to do?

:)

Mike Gusmus Columbus Oh, Jan 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 and External DVD drive

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to open the device manager and check if the drive shows up in device manager.

Follow the steps given below:

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter to open device manager.

3. Expand DVD/CD-Rom drives and check if the external DVD drive is listed.

4. If so, right click on it and uninstall it.

5. Restart the computer.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 29, 2020
  3. External CD/DVD drive ... Need Windows 10 compatible software to write to CDs and DVD's?

I have already run the troubleshooter and paid the $14 for the Microsoft player app.

I can play DVD's on it but I also need to find software to download to be able to write to a CD or DVD on a external drive for backing up files, saving space, etc. What is available in the Microsoft store or otherwise
    that will be compatible?

I have a Windows 10 Surface Pro.

Stitchywork, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Problem writing files to a DVD in an external drive on Windows 10 Surface

Windows 8.1 os will not write to dvd drive. Will not recognize external hard drive

Windows 8.1 os will not write to dvd drive. Will not recognize external hard drive. Running windows xp in a virtual machine in the same laptop and it writes to dvd drive and recognizes external drive. What can I do to get 8.1 to write to dvd drive and
    recognize external drive short of reinstalling os?

BurtDalton, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Problem writing files to a DVD in an external drive on Windows 10 Surface

1. Problem writing files to a DVD in an external drive on Windows 10 Surface - Similar Threads - Problem writing files

2. Error writing to CD/DVD drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error writing to CD/DVD drive.: Hi,I'm running an HP 250 G6 laptop. The CD/DVD drive is happy reading discs but I can't write either a CD or a DVD.I'm running Windows 10 21H2.The issue is I so rarely burn discs, that I've no idea when this started but all attempts get a "Write Failure". I have read that...
  3. Using an external DVD drive with Windows 10

Using an external DVD drive with Windows 10: ,I am a long time Windows user who changed over to Mac Pro for a while and now I am back to Microsoft, having recently purchased a Surface Pro. I was annoyed that Microsoft removed a DVD player/writer as standard equipment in the Surface unit. I tried purchasing several...
  4. Cheap External CD/DVD drive with quickish read/write

Cheap External CD/DVD drive with quickish read/write: I've searched this website and Google to try and find a cd/dvd drive that is not too expensive but has quickish read/write speeds. I have a new laptop which does not have a built-in cd/dvd. I have bought an external blu-ray/dvd/cd drive but when using EAC to make a copy of...
  5. External DVD player problem & Windows 10

External DVD player problem & Windows 10: Bought my son his first computer and it has Windows 10. I'm not used to 10 and hate it. Anyhow, I bought an external DVD drive so I can install software but it does not open/recognize the drive. I hear the motor running on the dvd player when I plug it in but nothing...
  6. External CD/DVD Drive Problem

External CD/DVD Drive Problem: Hi, I've just bought a Rioddas external cd/dvd drive - there were lots of reviews online assuring me that this product was compatible with Windows 10. I connect the drive to my laptop Acer Aspire via the USB3.0 slot. It shows up in my computer under 'devices and...
  7. external dvd drive

external dvd drive: can't find my external drive to download softwear on this computer. it is plugged in by usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-drive/8881c714-98f4-43a2-82b9-704293bd6ad2
  8. External DVD Drive not able to write onto black discs

External DVD Drive not able to write onto black discs: So I have been trying to burn an iso image onto a blank disc recently, but have had no luck. I've tried so many different fixes to try to do something for this, but I haven't found anything that helps. Every single time I attempt something I keep getting the same error: Error...
  9. External dvd drive

External dvd drive: I'm trying to connect a cocopa external dvd reader with no success. Any ideas why it's not connecting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/external-dvd-drive/89b08ee8-6e6d-4287-a820-3526daeb1b49
  10. Windows 10 from external DVD Drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 from external DVD Drive?: Can I install Windows 10 using an external DVD Drive on a new PC build? 43345