Windows 10: Problematic LogIn Request in Secondary User Account

Discus and support Problematic LogIn Request in Secondary User Account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community, I purchased a Western Digital My Passport external hard drive and have installed it on my Windows 10 HP Pavilion desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Glen_S_0429, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Problematic LogIn Request in Secondary User Account

Hello Microsoft Community,

I purchased a Western Digital My Passport external hard drive and have installed it on my Windows 10 HP Pavilion desktop. I installed all of the WD software Backup, Discovery and Drive Utilities using my Administrator account. The drive seems to be performing perfectly, except for one thing…

My wife uses this same computer and when she logs into her user account, she is presented with a dialog box that asks "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" The application for which this question is being asked is the "WD Discovery Application Installation Utilities." It then presents her with my administrator user name and asks for the password to this account. No matter whether she enters the password, clicks “NO” or clicks “X”, the message repeats over and over. This will repeat as many as 30 times and then it finally stops. But the next time she logs into her account, the same process repeats.

I have spoken with WD technical support and they could not understand what was happening so they suggested that I contact Microsoft support.

Do any of you have any suggestions on how we might resolve this? THANK YOU!

Glen S.

:)

Glen_S_0429, Jun 29, 2020

2. I have a secondary user account(family) not able to log on

Hi Saschavan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

It is unfortunate that you are facing this issue. I am glad to assist you.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Are you referring to Microsoft Account or Local Account?
    • Do you get any error message/code when you try to login?
    Firstly you may try to open the secondary user account in safe mode.

I would suggest that you boot the computer in Safe mode and check if the issue persists. Refer the link and follow the steps. (Applies to Windows 10 as well)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

If you are unable to open the account even in safe mode, you might have to create a new user account and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Jun 29, 2020
  4. marknyy Win User

Problematic LogIn Request in Secondary User Account

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Problematic LogIn Request in Secondary User Account

1. Problematic LogIn Request in Secondary User Account - Similar Threads - Problematic LogIn Request

2. User account the requested operation requires elevation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account the requested operation requires elevation: Hello everyone,I have recently faced with this problem in windows 11 the requested operation requires elevation. I changed my user from administrator to standard but I cannot change it back. I cannot install anything in the laptop. I tried to change my user account but it...
  3. User account the requested operation requires elevation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account the requested operation requires elevation: Hello everyone,I have recently faced with this problem in windows 11 the requested operation requires elevation. I changed my user from administrator to standard but I cannot change it back. I cannot install anything in the laptop. I tried to change my user account but it...
  4. Windows 10, MSN Login request during account login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10, MSN Login request during account login: Hello Community,I am having issues logging into my computer using Windows 10. After I insert my Windows password, the computer automatically takes me to a MSN email password screen. The issue is that this email account is very old and I cannot use the "Forgot Password" option...
  5. Windows 10, MSN Login request during account login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, MSN Login request during account login: Hello Community,I am having issues logging into my computer using Windows 10. After I insert my Windows password, the computer automatically takes me to a MSN email password screen. The issue is that this email account is very old and I cannot use the "Forgot Password" option...
  6. Windows 10, MSN Login request during account login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. user account login failed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    user account login failed: i try to log into my laptop but could not login. i changed my password and still i cannot login please check to it to use my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-login-failed/292450a3-dafc-493b-bad9-e2572ab43a9c
  8. User accounts / login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts / login screen: Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related. I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows. I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login...
  9. User accounts / login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    User accounts / login screen: Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related. I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows. I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login...
  10. photo in a secondary user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    photo in a secondary user account: Good day, dd I have a local user account where I've added a personal photo. Created an additional account but don't know how to place a personal picture on it. There seems to be no choices to change the existing generic photo in either Control Panel or PC Settings. This...