Windows 10: Problematic shortcut to the start tab

Discus and support Problematic shortcut to the start tab in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, whenever i press "w" plus any of the numbers above the letters the start tab windows key pops up. Is there any way to disable this shortcut?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mxngl, Apr 29, 2020.

1. mxngl Win User

Problematic shortcut to the start tab

Hello, whenever i press "w" plus any of the numbers above the letters the start tab windows key pops up. Is there any way to disable this shortcut?

:)

mxngl, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Sanpon Win User

Start menu duplicate Shortcuts

This answer is for Windows build 15063 (Creator Update)

If Charlie C's answer doesn't work (in my case It's even get worse, having triplicate to three tiles per shortcut), please try this:

1. Go to the start menu shortcut folder (e.g. C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs). Locate the problematic shortcut, made a copy of it to the same folder.
    2. Unpin the last problematic tile in the start menu. You will notice that instead of the latest one, the first duplicate disappear instead.
    3. Go back to the start menu folder, delete the original problematic shortcut. (keep the copy).
    4. Back to start menu, the remaining problematic tiles will change their name to the name of the copy of the shortcut (something like - Copy).
    5. Now you have one less duplicate tiles. Repeat step 1-4 until a single tile of the shortcut left.

Sanpon, Apr 29, 2020
  3. oemSoft Win User
    How to add shortcut into start?

Can you read their instruction? that is not clear at all.

Under %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, it only shows Folders : Maintnance, Windows Powershell, Windows System, Windows System Tools ... Start up.
    There is no a list of program shortcuts and subfolders. I cannot follow their instruction, if you understand, could you please show your steps?

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

"Opening that folder should display a list of program shortcuts and subfolders. In this example, we want to add all the new shortcuts into a subfolder called Settings, so right-click any empty space in the File Explorer window, click New
    > Folder, name that folder Settings, and open the newly created, empty folder.

The rest of the process is straightforward. Right-click and choose New > Shortcut. Enter the full path of the executable file or ms-settings shortcut you want to add (as in the example shown here), click Next, and then enter a name for the shortcut.

Repeat this process for any other shortcuts you want to add. All your custom shortcuts should appear in the Programs list, where they're one right-click away from being pinned as a tile."

oemSoft, Apr 29, 2020
  4. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Problematic shortcut to the start tab :)

terrace, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Problematic shortcut to the start tab - Similar Threads - Problematic shortcut start

2. PROBLEMATIC APP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PROBLEMATIC APP: I HAVE SOME ISSUE WITH APP ON MY PHONE THAT STUCKS ALL THE TIME ALSO WHEN I TRY TO SIGN IN WHAT CAN I DO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problematic-app/0c096e63-bc0b-4d5c-bdd3-2cb90d113c33
  3. Shortcut Tab missing in Shortcut properties

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut Tab missing in Shortcut properties: I'm trying to enable cheats in Far Cry 2, so I made a shortcut and wanted to add the parameters in the shortcut tab in the properties. Problem is, there is no Shortcut tab. Only General, Web Document, Security, Details and Previous Versions. submitted by /u/TheIronSven...
  4. Problematic start Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problematic start Windows: I have the following problem, when I open my laptop I normally see on my screen the point where you have the option to enter Bios and after that my screen remains black without entering windows. I have to press any button on the keyboard and then it goes to windows. Then when...
  5. Problematic start Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problematic start Windows: I have the following problem, when I open my laptop I normally see on my screen the point where you have the option to enter Bios and after that my screen remains black without entering windows. I have to press any button on the keyboard and then it goes to windows. Then when...
  6. Shortcut tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut tab: This tab is missing from the Shortcut Properties window. Am using Windows 10, Build 18363, Latest update 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-tab/9c097bb4-d2a9-4af8-bd13-204319ad470f
  7. Problematic computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problematic computer: Hi, I’ve been having a lot of problems with my computer lately. I was hoping you could help. It started out as a loop of blue screens of death which turned into a driver not found. My dad reset it to factory settings which made the computer work again, but today I got the...
  8. problematic bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    problematic bitlocker: Hi, I have Samsung R540 and I recently locked one of my drive using bitlocker but after using it for sometime it wouldn't open and now it give me these message "the bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of windows. Try opening the drive using a...
  9. problematic bitlocker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problematic bitlocker: Hi, I have Samsung R540 and I recently locked one of my drive using bitlocker but after using it for sometime it wouldn't open and now it give me these message "the bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of windows. Try opening the drive using a...
  10. "Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic: 1) I use Word much more often than others in the list. Why is it not displaying? 2) Can I add to the number of apps which are displayed? 39357