Windows 10: Problems Accessing External USB Disk

Discus and support Problems Accessing External USB Disk in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a PC dell i3 and a mini PC both with win 10, in the mini pc I have connected a usb disk of 1tb and I share it to see my movies, I gave... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by monchy0521, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Problems Accessing External USB Disk

I have a PC dell i3 and a mini PC both with win 10, in the mini pc I have connected a usb disk of 1tb and I share it to see my movies, I gave permission to everyone in my network so that I can access it, if I do it The PC dell I have no problems, but if I try to access from my android, let me see the folders but not access them.

Thanks for the opportunity, I hope you can help me
    I have a PC dell i3 and a mini PC both with win 10, in the mini pc I have connected a usb disk of 1tb and I share it to see my movies, I gave permission to everyone in my network so that I can access it, if I do it The PC dell I have no problems, but if I try to access from my android, let me see the folders but not access them.Thanks for the opportunity, I hope you can help me

:)

monchy0521, Nov 23, 2016

2. External Disk Devices once formated in Windows 10 are no longer shown on the computer.

I have formatted 2 different external disk drives in Windows 10. For one or two times I was able to access these external drives to use for backup. Then one day neither drive was available for access on my computer. I tried to reconnect each drive to
    one of the 4 additional USB ports on my computer. Still the same problem. My external disk drives are shown in Device Manager and in Connected Devices, but not shown in Devices and drives in This PC nor in Disk Management. I went to each respective vendor
    for support- reloaded their software and still the drives were not shown.

RICHARD GWILLIAMS JR, Nov 23, 2016
  3. USB External Harddisk - I/O device error after upgrading to Windows10

Hello,

I have 2 external hard disk connected to my PC via USB 3, it was working fine under Windows 8.

When I upgraded to Windows 10, the hard disk show up ok in the file manager (under 'This PC'), but when trying to access the files on the hard disk, an error message shows up -

"Location is not available

z:\xxx\xxxx is not accessible

The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error "

I then turn off the hard disk and then back on again, it is back to normal again and I can access the files with no problems.

But after about 1 hour without using the external hard disk, and trying the access it again, the same problem happens again and I got the I/O device error message again.

It seen Windows 10 put the external HD to sleep but then it cannot activate it again afterward.........not a problem with Windows 8.

Any solution for this problem please.

Edward Lee 323, Nov 23, 2016
Thema:

Problems Accessing External USB Disk

1. Problems Accessing External USB Disk - Similar Threads - Problems Accessing External

2. my USB External disk is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my USB External disk is not working: Hi there my USB External disk is not working which I was using on my other computer working fine.any helpThank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-external-disk-is-not-working/3aeaa99b-47e7-43e4-a714-bc281962c381
  3. my USB External disk is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my USB External disk is not working: Hi there my USB External disk is not working which I was using on my other computer working fine.any helpThank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-external-disk-is-not-working/3aeaa99b-47e7-43e4-a714-bc281962c381
  4. external usb hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external usb hard disk not detected: my external hard disk not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-usb-hard-disk-not-detected/a54ed419-5284-4aff-9ac2-0168bc107bf2
  5. external usb hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external usb hard disk not detected: my external hard disk not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-usb-hard-disk-not-detected/a54ed419-5284-4aff-9ac2-0168bc107bf2
  6. Problem allocating external disk.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem allocating external disk.: I stripped the hard drive from my old laptop to use as a backup but it wont allow me to create a new volume. The only options i have are shown in the screenshot. Is there a fix to this?[ATTACH]...
  7. Why external USB Hard disk is showing in disk manager & device but can't be accessed?

Why external USB Hard disk is showing in disk manager & device but can't be accessed?: Hi Everyone, My laptop is Dell inspiron 7586 and CoreTM i7 processor, with Windows 10 Home. Recently my USB external drives 1GB WD external drive show up as INTERNAL Basic drives and not as REMOVABLE devices in the disk management. Even the external drive is labeled as...
  8. External USB disk drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    External USB disk drives: I currently have 4 USB disk drives. Occasionally I get a notification asking how do I want to configure a couple of these. When I click on the notice nothing happens. One of these, my primary data drive, works but doesn't consistently show up in various configuration...
  9. External Hard Disk Problem

External Hard Disk Problem: Whenever i insert my hard disk, my laptop can't detect it. only "expansion" icon appears. the cable is fine. i tried troubleshoot, no problem detected. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] how to fix this?...
  10. USB-C problems powering older external disks

in Windows 10 Support
    USB-C problems powering older external disks: Recently I bought a very nice and impressive HP Spectre x360 Convertible. 8th gen core i7-8550U (1.8GHz). 512GB SSD with 8GB DDR3 RAM. It has 1 'standard' USB3 port and 2 USB-C Thunderbolt ports. My problem is that I can't run my older ext. USB disks. I bought a j5create hub...