Windows 10: Problems Accessing Internet

Discus and support Problems Accessing Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just purchased this refurbished computer and had it activated yesterday. Since Activation, I have not been able to completely access the Internet. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Writer, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Writer Win User

Problems Accessing Internet

I just purchased this refurbished computer and had it activated yesterday. Since Activation, I have not been able to completely access the Internet. I most often get the message: "Can't reach this Page."

I have Windows 10 Home (Version 1607); a Dell Desktop OptiPlex 745; Type x64-based PC; Microsoft Word 2016; BIOS Version Dell Inc. 2.0.8 (11/30/2006); BIOS Mode = Legacy; RAM 8GB

I am now using an alternate computer because I cannot access the Internet with the other one.

:)

Writer, Jan 15, 2018

2. Problems Accessing the Internet in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I apologize for the delay.

The issue might be due to incompatible network drivers. I suggest you to check and update the drivers.

Follow these steps to update the drivers: This steps will help you to update the network drivers.

1. On the search bar type “Device Manager” or press Windows key + X and select “Device Manager”.

2. Locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it.

3. Right on the “Wired adapter” option and click “Update driver software…

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 15, 2018
  3. Problems Accessing the Internet in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing.

- What are the troubleshooting steps that you have performed to resolve this issue?

The error code 0x80072efd usually occurs if there is some problem with the internet connection.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and see if it helps:

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

1. On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”

2. Click on “Network and Internet”

3. Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:
    Disable Proxy

If you are using proxy to connect internet please disable that, refer to the steps below to disable proxy:

1. Press
    “Windows Key” + “R”.

2. Type
    “inetcpl.cpl”.

3. Go to
    Connection.

4. Click on
    LAN Settings.

5. Check the box which says
    Automatically detect settings.

6. Uncheck the box under
    Proxy server.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 15, 2018
  4. Word Man Win User

Can you update your serial number in "My Computer"?

Do you use any kind of DNS service and does it have security software other than Windows Defender installed?

Word Man, Jan 15, 2018
  5. Writer Win User
    I don't have any DNS (Domain Name System) Service. The only security software is Windows Defender.

Writer, Jan 15, 2018
  6. dmholt57 Win User
    Hello Writer, can you open an admin command prompt, type ipconfig /all and post the results you get on the problem machine?

dmholt57, Jan 15, 2018
  7. Writer Win User
    OK, I'll do that. It'll take a few minutes because I have to transfer all of the cables to the 745 OptiPlex.

Can you tell me how I can alert a poster that I am responding to him?

Writer, Jan 15, 2018
  8. dmholt57 Win User

I will be watching for your post. *Smile

dmholt57, Jan 15, 2018
  9. Word Man Win User
    Just an FYI @Writer - what I just did was put "@" in front of your TF userid and that resulted in a notification that I mentioned you. You can do the same for dmholt57.

P.S. Thanks for update of serial/service tag.

Word Man, Jan 15, 2018
  10. Writer Win User
    I tried it and got the following message: Windows cannot find ipconfig/all.

Question: Should there be a space between the g and the Slash? I tried it without a space. Looking at your post again, there appears to be a space.

Writer, Jan 15, 2018
  11. Writer Win User
    I opened the admin command prompt and typed in ipconfig /all

There are three possible places to click: OK, Cancel, or Browse. I clicked on OK.

For a fraction of a second, a window appeared and then disappeared, so I had no way of following what was going on. The LED by the Internet connector was blinking rapidly, so I thought the computer was doing something in the area of configuration.

I let it go for 1 1/2 hours. At that point, I tried to access the Internet, but the same message appeared: "Can't reach this page." I then shut the computer down.

The telephone number I called yesterday in order to get the computer Activated eventually connected me with India. (The English accents were typical of the country of India.) One of the men asked for my telephone number; I gave it to him. I should also add that one of the technicians had control over my computer for about fifteen minutes.

At about 2:30 pm today [EST], I received a Robo-call informing me that my Microsoft Windows License had expired and, therefore, Windows Services for my computer has been stopped. I was instructed to call 1-866-978-5727 in order to renew my Windows License.

The Robo-call recording was of poor quality. It was a woman's voice. She had an American accent; however, she did not sound like a professional. Her voice was somewhat menacing. She informed me that this was a very important call.

My inclination is not to call that telephone number.

Writer, Jan 15, 2018
  12. dmholt57 Win User
    It only takes a few seconds to gather the info, if not in an administrator command prompt, it disappears, in admin you can save as a file to post in the thread here. This command displays all the information on your networks so that we can direct you to a place to change the settings. *Nerd

dmholt57, Jan 15, 2018
  13. dmholt57 Win User

your inclination would be correct, Microsoft does not deal with customers in that manner. *Redcarded Reverse lookup shows this number to be associated with numerous sites in China. *Huh

dmholt57, Jan 15, 2018
  14. Writer Win User
    I'm somewhat of a rookie, so I am not able to follow your suggestion.

Question: Has the information gathered from the >ipconfig /all< prompt been saved as a file on the computer, and should I be able to find it and copy it?

Regarding the telephone number to renew my Windows License: It appears that the technicians in India are providing others with my telephone number.

Writer, Jan 15, 2018
  15. dmholt57 Win User
    The info is only saved when you click on icon at top left and then click select all, then copy and paste into notepad and save or come to the thread after you copy and paste in your post. It will look like this...

dmholt57, Jan 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems Accessing Internet - Similar Threads - Problems Accessing Internet

2. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  3. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  4. No internet access problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet access problem: Hello! I need help with Wi-fi network problem, which is "No internet, secured" error, I tried almost everything to solve it, for example network reset, CMD commands, restarting, but without success. Please, could someone help me solve this issue?...
  5. No internet access problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet access problem: Hello! I need help with Wi-fi network problem, which is "No internet, secured" error, I tried almost everything to solve it, for example network reset, CMD commands, restarting, but without success. Please, could someone help me solve this issue?...
  6. No internet access problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. No internet access problem

No internet access problem: I had gotten a new pci adapter today but after installing the new drivers I have gotten the no internet access problem. Solutions I've tried 1.Network Adapter Troubleshooter 2.Reset the router 3.Reset Windows Sockets API using netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset...
  8. Identifying internet access problem

Identifying internet access problem: About 4 days ago I started randomly having a problem where my internet connection drops on my laptop and it says "identifying internet access" for about 5 seconds then reconnects. This problem occurs on WiFi and Ethernet. Other devices can connect and do not experience the...
  9. Problem accessing YouTube! and the internet

in Browsers and Email
    Problem accessing YouTube! and the internet: Okay. So, I am on my Laptop (My computer for now until my new one is finished) and my mom was on her Desktop PC. We are having issues accessing certain websites. To start, so far its YouTube! on her end. Mine was having issues accessing the Microsoft Edge home screen. So I...
  10. Solution to "no access to the internet" problem

Solution to "no access to the internet" problem: when I try to connect to the internet through WiFi I had this problem "Limited access to the internet"" or "no access to the internet" and recently I found a solution. I don't guarantee it will solve ur problem but at least I think it worth trying. First of all, do a...