Windows 10: Problems accessing my external WD/HD.

Discus and support Problems accessing my external WD/HD. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Western Digital 1TB external HD. Windows 10 recognizes it, but only allows limited access to my files. Especially media! Then, on occasion,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zarkarian, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Zarkarian Win User

Problems accessing my external WD/HD.

I have a Western Digital 1TB external HD. Windows 10 recognizes it,

but only allows limited access to my files. Especially media!

Then, on occasion, I receive a message denying access at all, or

something is wrong with the drive or it plays some of my media

and denies others. I mean, ****!!!

Please let me know if there is something I'm not recognizing.

Oh, ...btw, it's my computer and I'm its administrator.

-Zarkarian

:)

Zarkarian, Oct 26, 2019

2. WD passport external HD not recognized on windows 10

Hi Team,

I have upgraded my Dell inspiron laptop OS from windows 7 to windows 10. I used to connect my WD external HD to my laptop and it was easily accessible in my computer as if it is laptops internal drive.

But, now when I'm trying to connect, it getting connected but it is not showing in my computer. My OS is 64 bit.

I tried solution of uninstalling and then installing HD but it didn't work.

Please suggest how to resolve this.

Sushil Kulkarni, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Niranjan Manjhi, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Problems accessing my external WD/HD.

External HD Connection Problem

I have attached an external HD to my computer running Windows 10 and it will not show up in my drive list. The properties shows it as Seagate.ink - what is an ink file and any suggestions as to how I can get it to work?

ColleenTreacy, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Problems accessing my external WD/HD.

1. Problems accessing my external WD/HD. - Similar Threads - Problems accessing external

2. WD External Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD External Drive: Upon initializing my external drive, i got a message "request failed due to fatal device hardware error". What are my options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-external-drive/9ffc4c0d-9621-4b0a-9be2-eeddddb8e2fa
  3. Cannot access to some external HD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot access to some external HD: I recently recovered my old HD from my previous pc, but for some reason when I try to E:/Users/MyOldPcUserName, it keeps loading it whitout never let me in. Any suggestions about to solve it? submitted by /u/Gol_D_baT [link] [comments]...
  4. My Laptop won't read my WD External HD

My Laptop won't read my WD External HD: Hello I recently purchased a WD external hard drive. I plugged it into my desktop and started copying files, no problem. I moved it over to my laptop and it won't open. An error message shows up saying: Network path not found. I've plugged and unplugged it into different...
  5. win 10 and WD HD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    win 10 and WD HD: windows 10 decided my WD30EZRX is invalid after a full reinstall of windows. Please Help submitted by /u/Khraagkh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gfq0n2/win_10_and_wd_hd/
  6. Format Question, Please (W10, WD External HD)

Format Question, Please (W10, WD External HD): Hi, Thanks for all the previous help. Super Forum and folks. Found an "old" WD 1 TPB external HD. Bought it about a yr ago. Know nothing about its history, but would like to erase everything on it, and use in my Mac or W10 pc. Mac wont recognize it in the normal...
  7. Format Question, Please (W10, WD External HD)

in Windows 10 Support
    Format Question, Please (W10, WD External HD): Hi, Thanks for all the previous help. Super Forum and folks. Found an "old" WD 1 TPB external HD. Bought it about a yr ago. Know nothing about its history, but would like to erase everything on it, and use in my Mac or W10 pc. Mac wont recognize it in the normal...
  8. Install WD solid state external HD on my new laptop?

Install WD solid state external HD on my new laptop?: This is the 4th WD I've bought, and it is the first one that didn't have a disk or other device (or instructions) included for installing on my new windows laptop. Was this an oversight? Do I need to complain to Best Buy for short-changing me? Find another backup device?...
  9. Is this a known problem with WD external drive security?

Is this a known problem with WD external drive security?: I've got an external USB3 WD 4 TB drive I use for backups. It is formatted as an NTFS drive. When travelling I take the drive and hook it up to my laptop. So I installed the WD Drive Security software that requires a password to "unlock" the drive and make it usable. All this...
  10. Problem accessing files on external HD

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem accessing files on external HD: Hi, I recently bought a new PC with Windows 10 and I am having some issues with an external USB hard drive that I was wondering if I could get some feedback on. Here's the problem: when trying to access certain files on the drive (no rhyme or reason apparent - it just...