Windows 10: problems accessing some websites since Cumulative update 1803 on 11th Oct.

Discus and support problems accessing some websites since Cumulative update 1803 on 11th Oct. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yesterday my PC installed the 2018-10 Cumulative Update 1803 and since then I cannot access with Facebook or Instagram on either Google Chrome or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ashermanrr, Oct 12, 2018.

1. problems accessing some websites since Cumulative update 1803 on 11th Oct.

Yesterday my PC installed the 2018-10 Cumulative Update 1803 and since then I cannot access with Facebook or Instagram on either Google Chrome or Firefox BUT it will work on Edge and IE, albeit sluggishly. Other sites seem to be OK although some flash up the same error message but then loads the correct page.

I have cleared the Cache, cookies, history etc and uninstalled the Browsers and reinstalled them to no avail. I can access both sites on my Tablet and my laptop that has not had the update installed.

As it only seems to affect these webpages and it only happened after the update last night I cannot see how it can be a connection or firewall issue was mentioned on the error message.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to put this right please?

The error message is below.

problems accessing some websites since Cumulative update 1803 on 11th Oct. 5b5d9a1f-55e6-45c3-87c1-dde33d8323f6?upload=true.jpg

Anne

:)

ashermanrr, Oct 12, 2018
  2. PaulPChou Win User

July cumulative update for 1803

Microsoft:

Yesterday, you guys came out with the July cumulative update for Windows 10 1803, after checking the website. The update never showed up after I went to settings, Windows update and check for updates. Does that mean I have to manually install it?

https://aka.ms/AA1ry3k

PaulPChou, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

problems accessing some websites since Cumulative update 1803 on 11th Oct.

Website Access Denied

We're glad to learn that you can access the website now. We appreciate the list of troubleshooting steps that you posted. It would be very helpful to other community members who are experiencing the same thing.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other concern regarding accessing websites.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

problems accessing some websites since Cumulative update 1803 on 11th Oct.

1. problems accessing some websites since Cumulative update 1803 on 11th Oct. - Similar Threads - problems accessing websites

2. Some websites no longer accessable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some websites no longer accessable: Hi, since this morning (yesterday everything worked fine) one of my pc with Windows 10 can no longer access certain websites (timeout). What I found out so far: Only certain websites are affected. For example inoreader.com doesn't work anymore while reddit or twitter are...
  3. Cumulative updates - August 11th 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative updates - August 11th 2020: This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on August 11th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10. Windows 10 2004 -KB4566782 Build 19041.450 Windows 10 1903 and 1909 - KB4565351, Build 18362.1016 and 18363.1016 Windows 10 1809- KB4565349, OS Build...
  4. Cumulative updates – Not installing since KB4520062 Oct. 2019 x64 1903

Cumulative updates – Not installing since KB4520062 Oct. 2019 x64 1903: Hello, i'm running Windows 10 Pro and while i recently checked for updates, the latest update didn't install correctly. After several tries also with a clean startup I deactivated all non-microsoft services and Start-up applications, I browsed through my update history and...
  5. Cumulative updates - February 11th 2020

Cumulative updates - February 11th 2020: Changelog for Cumulative updates released on Feb 11th 2020 are as under: Windows 10 1903 and 1909: KB4532693 OS Builds 18362.657 and 18363.657 Windows 10 version 1809: KB4532691 OS Build 17763.1039* Direct Download links KB4532693 32-bit update can be downloaded...
  6. Slow Drive Access Since Update from 1803

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Drive Access Since Update from 1803: OK, so I have a 2013 era PC, Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache) on a Gigabyte GA-Z77-HD3- w/16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR3-1600, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti - 2GB - EVGA Superclocked - Core: 980MHz - Single Card, and Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB primary drive (32M Cache,...
  7. Problem starting games since the 1803 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem starting games since the 1803 update: Since the 1803 update I've been getting intermittent failures to start Steam and Origin Games. I get the error message:_ "DirectX failed to initialise. This game requires at least a DirectX11-level graphics card, and a version of Windows which supports DirectX11 (WindowsXP...
  8. Cannot access some websites

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot access some websites: Suddenly a couple of days ago while looking through Youtube, I suddenly had a blue screen of death. PC has never been the same since! System Restore and Reset your PC both fail. Also on Chrome I cannot access any https websites, on Edge I cannot access any websites, plus...
  9. can't access some websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't access some websites: I have this weird problem that causes chrome and firefox to download some pages (like: Download the fastest Firefox ever or hwzone.co.il - please notice this happens only on some websites and not all) instead of simply viewing them. the file that get downloaded isn't even a...
  10. New Surface Book Firmware Updates - Oct. 11th 2017

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Book Firmware Updates - Oct. 11th 2017: Oct 11 release The following updates are delivered to Surface Book devices on Windows 10: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500 – System – 3.0.0.0 Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500 – Sound, video...