Windows 10: Problems activating passwordless account

Discus and support Problems activating passwordless account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,when i try to active the passwordless account How to go passwordless with your Microsoft Account I get stuck in the enable dialog:It pops up the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MaxMad0, Sep 16, 2021.

1. MaxMad0 Win User

Problems activating passwordless account

Hi,when i try to active the passwordless account How to go passwordless with your Microsoft Account I get stuck in the enable dialog:It pops up the window "Setup your passwordless account" which is also saying "To make sure you can still access your account after removing the password, we'll need you to add another way to verify your identity.". When i press Next the window changes in "Add another way to verify your identity" and i should/must register either "email a code" or "text a code".BUT: i have already configured multiple ways in my account: Authenticator and FiDO2 for example. But a

:)

MaxMad0, Sep 16, 2021

2. Passwordless Login

Hello,

So what do you exactly want to configure when you say

>can you have more than one Passwordless Login for multiple uses of same login

One login is attached to one account, you do not have several types of login for a single account.

Patricia.Guenot, Sep 16, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 16, 2021
  4. LouG Win User

Passwordless sign in not working 20H2

Sven - could you be a little more specific? I've reset the registry and run netplwiz. It is now impossible to move the cursor (blue highlight) but it is on my user name. What are the next steps to make my account passwordless? Also, (since I can't move the cursor) how do I remove my wife's password?

Never mind - I figured it out. Thanks for responding.

Thema:

1. Problems activating passwordless account - Similar Threads - Problems activating passwordless

2. Problem with Passwordless account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Passwordless account: Hello !! I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this but couldn't find a better one.So, there is a problem, maybe a bug when i enabling the passwordless option in my account and then uninstalling the ms authenticator app from my android phone.If i do that i cant...
  3. Problem with Passwordless account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Passwordless account: Hello !! I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this but couldn't find a better one.So, there is a problem, maybe a bug when i enabling the passwordless option in my account and then uninstalling the ms authenticator app from my android phone.If i do that i cant...
  4. Passwordless Account with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Passwordless Account with Remote Desktop: Hello,So, I have a passwordless account setup, and I am a big fan of it, but it seems to not be working with remote desktop. I even tried using an app password, but it does not work as well.Thanks in advance!...
  5. Passwordless Account with Remote Desktop

Passwordless Account with Remote Desktop: Hello,So, I have a passwordless account setup, and I am a big fan of it, but it seems to not be working with remote desktop. I even tried using an app password, but it does not work as well.Thanks in advance!...
  6. Remote Desktop with Microsoft account passwordless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop with Microsoft account passwordless: I can't make the Remote Desktop works with my Microsoft account. It seems it does not work with Accounts that have passwordless option ON. Could you please confirm this information?...
  7. Remote Desktop with Microsoft account passwordless

Remote Desktop with Microsoft account passwordless: I can't make the Remote Desktop works with my Microsoft account. It seems it does not work with Accounts that have passwordless option ON. Could you please confirm this information?...
  8. Passwordless?

Passwordless?: My phone is unable to recognize my fingerprint. Does "passwordless" require fingerprint recognition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passwordless/0d09bb06-27cb-41cb-a700-9abf80a0dbae
  9. Passwordless Account!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Passwordless Account!!!: Hello.On September 17, I read the news that it is possible to disable the password entry when entering the account, replacing it with a confirmation from the phone. The feature is called "Passwordless account". I followed the link in my account on the page to enable this...
  10. Passwordless Account!!!

Passwordless Account!!!: Hello.On September 17, I read the news that it is possible to disable the password entry when entering the account, replacing it with a confirmation from the phone. The feature is called "Passwordless account". I followed the link in my account on the page to enable this...